Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Control of US Senate hangs in the balance

John Ossoff is leading Perdue in the Georgia Senate Race with over 98% of the vote in right now. Mitch McConnell may well become the MINORITY LEADER again.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/05/polit...lts/index.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    John Ossoff is leading Perdue in the Georgia Senate Race with over 98% of the vote in right now. Mitch McConnell may well become the MINORITY LEADER again.

It's over.............IMHO.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post

DEMS will have it all......AGAIN, I wonder if they will get any **** done...........

I doubt it.

Post Thanks / Like

They won't get what they want done for sure

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    DEMS will have it all......AGAIN, I wonder if they will get any **** done...........

I doubt it.
    Senator Manchin has already said he won't agree to vote for the $2000 that Biden wants to give to everyone who has lost jobs and homes. So even with a 50/50 split in the US Senate, the Dems will need every one of the 48 Democrats, both the Independents and the VP which won't be confirmed until the 20th. And a lot of things have changed since you posted this last Geo. The Riot, revolution, or insurrection has invaded the US capitol during the Count the Electoral Votes Joint session of congress. And this coming Monday the Dems in the house intend to introduce another article of impeachment for Trump in that they are saying he incited an insurrection. Biden is still talking reconciliation but Nancy Pelosi and the House members are pissed off big time. They are calling for the cabinet and VP to invoke the 25th amendment or for Trump to resign immediately. And now there is talk on the internet about another insurrection during the inauguration of Biden/Harris.

A fence has been installed around the Capitol Building and the National Guard and State Police from other surrounding states have been called up to guard the Capitol against these traitors to our country. Many traitors have been arrested and are in jail now. I'm sure many of you have seen what happened on TV this past week.

Joe Manchin also said he will not vote to change the Senate rules to allow the Dems to pass new legislation without a filibuster. I'm sure that Mitch will fillibuster as much as possible to stop the dems from passing legislation that he does not like. We will have to wait to see what happened in the future.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    There are 4 senators that will become very very powerful in the next 2 years........

Can you name them. you already named one

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not up for word games .. every

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    There are 4 senators that will become very very powerful in the next 2 years........

Can you name them. you already named one
    All I know is that there are not 48 Dems, two independents that caucus with the Dems and 50 GOP Senators, and one Dem who is the VP elect right now and after the 20th will be the President of the US Senate as all VP do.