Search Fishin.com

Thread: Home Protection

Post Thanks / Like

Home Protection

Things A Burglar Won't Tell You

Of course I look familiar. I was here just last week
    cleaning your carpets, painting your shutters, or delivering your new
    refrigerator.

Hey, thanks for letting me use the bathroom when I was working in your yard last week. While I was in there, I unlatched the back window to make my return a little easier.

Love those flowers. That tells me you have taste... and taste means there are nice things inside. Those yard toys your kids leave out always make me wonder what type of gaming system they have.

Yes, I really do look for newspapers piled up on the driveway. And I might leave a pizza flyer in your front door to see how long it takes you to remove it.

If it snows while you're out of town, get a neighbor to create car and foot tracks into the house. Virgin drifts in the driveway are a dead giveaway.

If decorative glass is part of your front entrance, don't let your alarm company install the control pad where I can see if it's set. That makes it too easy.

A good security company will alarm the window over the sink, so I will check the windows on the second floor, which often access the master bedroom, and your jewelry. It's not a bad idea to put motion detectors up there too.

It's raining, you're fumbling with your umbrella, and you forget to lock your door, understandable. But understand this: I don't take a day off because of bad weather.

I always knock first. If you answer, I'll ask for directions somewhere or offer to clean your gutters. Don't take me up on it.

Do you really think I won't look in your sock drawer? I always check dresser drawers, the bedside table, and the medicine cabinet.

Here's a helpful hint: I almost never go into kids' rooms.

You're right: I won't have enough time to break into that safe where you keep your valuables. But if it's not bolted down, I'll take it with me.

A loud TV or radio can be a better deterrent than the best alarm system. If you're reluctant to leave your TV on while you're out of town, you can buy a $35 device that works on a timer and simulates the flickering glow of a real television.

Sometimes, I carry a clipboard. Sometimes, I dress like a lawn guy and carry a rake. I do my best to never, ever look like a crook.

The two things I hate most: loud dogs and nosy neighbors.

I'll break a window to get in, even if it makes a little noise. If your neighbor hears one loud sound, he'll stop what he's doing and wait to hear it again. If he doesn't hear it again, he'll just go back to what he was doing. It's human nature.

I'm not complaining, but why would you pay all that money for a fancy alarm system and leave your house without setting it?

I love looking in your windows. I'm looking for signs that you're home, and for flat screen TVs or gaming systems I'd like. I'll drive or walk through your neighborhood at night, before you close the blinds, just to pick my targets.

Avoid announcing your vacation on your Facebook page. It's easier than you think to look up your address.

To you, leaving that window open just a crack during the day is a way to let in a little fresh air. To me, it's an invitation.

If you don't answer when I knock, I try the door. Occasionally, I hit the jackpot and walk right in.

If you don't have a gun, baseball bat or wasp spray, maybe you should just run away. Wasp spray shoots up to twenty feet so the intruder doesn’t have to be close to you … and go for the eyes.

Put your car keys beside your bed at night. If you hear a noise outside your home or someone trying to break into your house, just press the panic button for your car. And remember to carry your keys while walking to your car in a parking lot. The alarm can work the same way there. This would also be useful for any emergency, such as a heart attack, where you can't reach a phone.

Sources: Convicted burglars in North Carolina , Oregon , California , and Kentucky ; security consultant Chris McGoey and Richard T. Wright, a criminology professor at the University of Missouri-St. Louis, who interviewed 105 burglars for his book “Burglars on the Job.” Maybe you have some of your own to share.

Bonefish

Post Thanks / Like

Do you do anything other than cut and paste BS in here?

Deleted the BS for no one else needs to see it again.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know a family who I love and care for greatly while the husband was hard at work a burglar came into their home raped his wife while their two little boys had no choice but watched. For your information you can cut and paste that.

Post Thanks / Like

Most every one of your post is cut and paste

Quote Originally Posted by Bonefish View Post
    I know a family who I love and care for greatly while the husband was hard at work a burglar came into their home raped his wife while their two little boys had no choice but watched. For your information you can cut and paste that.
    I don't need to cut and paste unlike you. For your information.

I go to a few other web forums that cover fishing and hunting. It's unreal how the right-wing media spins the insurrection and makes everyone there think it was the left that attacked the US Capitol Building even though the FBI investigated and arrested many on the right such as the leaders of the Proud Boys and several other major FASCIST Radical Right-Wing group members. And ANTIFA does not go around carrying big TRUMP Flags! And why would the left attack the Capitol and try to stop the counting of the electoral votes in the US Capitol when the votes show that their candidates won the election. Only the losing right-wing radicals were upset that Trump didn't win. Plus they forget that Trump called them all to come to Washington DC that very day and then held a Trump-style rally where he and others of his clan stirred the crowd up to a frenzy using words like "FIGHT" and March to the Capitol Building. Trump even told the crowd that he was going to the Capitol Building with them but fled instead. It was Trump's radical right-wingers who marched from the Trump campaign rally down to the Capitol Building and broke through police lines and then broke windows and doors to get inside the capitol while the congress was in session. Yet almost to the man everyone on these right-wing websites thinks it was mostly ANTIFA that broke into the Capitol Building. The crowd breaking into the Capitol Building was 99.95 %, white angry right-wingers. I only saw two black people in the entire series of videos shown on tv that entire week. So IMHO the Right Wing Media needs to be controlled if they continue to tell lies that big.