Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Truth

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pontooner View Post
    Absolute truth (pun intended). All one has to do is look at Donald J Trump and the Christian rights embrace of a man that has always lacked any semblance of what most would consider Christian values..... A man that much more closely checks all the boxes of the deadly sins than that of what one would call a good Christian man.

I'm all about forgiving and believe that people can change, but if anyone thinks Trump "changed" for any other reasons than for political gain, then I have some sea front property here in KY that I would like to sell you. I mean all you ever here is that all politicians lie but when it came to Trump, it was always the truth being spoken.

Anyway, Bone it's pretty funny that you now find yourself concerned with the "truth" after what went on for four plus years. Let me know when Biden gets anywhere near the level of lying of Trump and then we can have a serious talk. See below.

In four years, President Trump made 30,573 false or misleading claims.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...aims-database/
    For me, the problem has a lot less to do with Trump's personal faith or lack thereof; we've had non-believers as president before without great harm done. It has a lot more to do with what he's enabled and accelerated. Most of all, abandoning a commitment to truth, Christ-likeness and adoption of an unholy alliance between politics and religion.

What John Piper said was true:

“I find it bewildering that Christians can be so sure that greater damage will be done by bad judges, bad laws, and bad policies than is being done by the culture-infecting spread of the gangrene of sinful self-exaltation, and boasting, and strife-stirring.”
    Last edited by jcb; 02-09-2021 at 09:39 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pontooner View Post
    Absolute truth (pun intended). All one has to do is look at Donald J Trump and the Christian rights embrace of a man that has always lacked any semblance of what most would consider Christian values..... A man that much more closely checks all the boxes of the deadly sins than that of what one would call a good Christian man.

I'm all about forgiving and believe that people can change, but if anyone thinks Trump "changed" for any other reasons than for political gain, then I have some sea front property here in KY that I would like to sell you. I mean all you ever here is that all politicians lie but when it came to Trump, it was always the truth being spoken.

Anyway, Bone it's pretty funny that you now find yourself concerned with the "truth" after what went on for four plus years. Let me know when Biden gets anywhere near the level of lying of Trump and then we can have a serious talk. See below.

In four years, President Trump made 30,573 false or misleading claims.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...aims-database/
    It is amazing that Biden has made ZERO false claims, right?

This 30,573 false claims is UTTER ********......It's called freakin politics. EVERY SINGLE ONE of them lie.

I could generate a list of thousands of lies from Biden already, but you know what. I understand that it is politics.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post

This 30,573 false claims is UTTER ********......It's called freakin politics. EVERY SINGLE ONE of them lie.

I could generate a list of thousands of lies from Biden already, but you know what. I understand that it is politics.

Later,

Geo
    Saying "all politicians lie" seems wise, but it actually sets you up for a con because it ignores the question of degree.

Some politicians lie occasionally. Some are downright pathological, like 45. Some are in between. All of them shade the truth a bit.

When you lump them all in the same category, you are more likely to be misled, because of course, MY guy wouldn't lie like THEIR guy. And you lower the standard for the next batch of politicians that comes along.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jcb View Post
    Saying "all politicians lie" seems wise, but it actually sets you up for a con because it ignores the question of degree.

Some politicians lie occasionally. Some are downright pathological, like 45. Some are in between. All of them shade the truth a bit.

When you lump them all in the same category, you are more likely to be misled, because of course, MY guy wouldn't lie like THEIR guy. And you lower the standard for the next batch of politicians that comes along.
    This.

It's like the point I made in another thread. Two people got speeding tickets, one for doing 65mph in a 55mph zone and the other for doing 110mph in a 55mph zone. Yeah they both got speeding tickets but trying to compare the two at face value of them both just being speeding tickets is asinine. And while the law can/will punish one driver more severely than the other, there is nothing of the such to hold one accountable for lying a couple times a day compared to someone lying 20 plus times a day (again, unless in court....).

Post Thanks / Like

I want to see your list!

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post

Later,

Geo
    I'd like to see that list and go over it point by point.