Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Texas power outages

https://www.facebook.com/OccupyDemoc...8388084605508/

This is the real reason why people in TX are freezing to death. It's the GOP's fault.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/OccupyDemoc...8388084605508/

This is the real reason why people in TX are freezing to death. It's the GOP's fault.
    I thought the ice storm was the root cause. And I don’t think Mr Cruz is allowed to request FEMA assistance .
    The Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act, 42 U.S.C. §§ 5121-5207 (the Stafford Act) §401 states in part that: "All requests for a declaration by the President that a major disaster exists shall be made by the Governor of the affected State

Post Thanks / Like
    TX had a similar event a while back (but not as bad) and experts told them they weren't prepared for a second. They rolled the dice and chose not to spend the $$. They came up snake eyes.

Post Thanks / Like
    al gore, greta, and aoc told them they didn't need to prepare for cold weather.
    global warming was going to keep it from freezing.
    most of the damage i saw was to individual homes that weren't designed for freezing temperatures.
    government money shouldn't pay for this type repair.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dragmerc View Post
    most of the damage i saw was to individual homes that weren't designed for freezing temperatures.
    You literally are saying this:

TX GOP: Climate change is ridiculous! A hoax! Look how stupid AOC, Greta and Gore are!

Also TX GOP: Well, we didn't prepare for cold because we believed AOC, Greta and Gore on climate change

Post Thanks / Like
    nobody came to help me when my water lines burst back in the 80s.
    power was off for 2 weeks and temps stayed below freezing during that time.
    had snow drifts going both ways from my house so i couldn't get out.
    ran the jeep into snow bank trying to bust through but all 4 wheels were off ground.
    had to walk back home and get shovel and mattock to dig it out.
    never did see any government assistance or handouts for my problems.
    i've since prepared for cold weather.
    you just can't depend on that global warming stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

TX Governor wanted to be independent!

Quote Originally Posted by ZoraSpook View Post
    I thought the ice storm was the root cause. And I don’t think Mr Cruz is allowed to request FEMA assistance .
    The Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act, 42 U.S.C. §§ 5121-5207 (the Stafford Act) §401 states in part that: "All requests for a declaration by the President that a major disaster exists shall be made by the Governor of the affected State
    Why would the TX GOP Governor want to ask the Feds for help as he wanted the State of TX to be independent so that the Federal Government could not regulate them. How did that work out for Texans?

Cruz is the Senior Senator from the State of TX has all eyes on him as well as the TX governor. Cruz finally admitted that he screwed up.

Post Thanks / Like

You have no idea what goblal warming means and never will

Global warming is still going on even though in a small area of the USA there is cold weather in the middle of winter. The rest of the world is hotter than normal even in the middle of winter in the Northern Hemisphere. The Southern Hemisphere is experiencing very hot weather. And the Northern Climates are warmer than normal. When the cold air from the North dipped into TX there was warmer air up north.

As for TX It seems you don't give a **** if they freeze to death when the Government didn't require their utilities to prepare for this type of cold weather. It's not about insulating homes it's about insulating and winterizing the power grid and the coal-fired power plants that supply electricity to the homes and businesses and governments. The Governor of TX who is a republican appoints the people on the TX board the regulates the TX power companies. They screwed up and the Governor tried to blame it on the GND which has not even been passed by the Government yet.
    The GOP Governor of TX is a stupid a&&.

Post Thanks / Like

You don't live in TX

nobody came to help me when my water lines burst back in the 80s.
    power was off for 2 weeks and temps stayed below freezing during that time.
    had snow drifts going both ways from my house so i couldn't get out.
    ran the jeep into snow bank trying to bust through but all 4 wheels were off ground.
    had to walk back home and get shovel and mattock to dig it out.
    never did see any government assistance or handouts for my problems.
    i've since prepared for cold weather.
    you just can't depend on that global warming stuff.
    You live in a colder climate and like many of the rest of us have to prepare for the winter months. The people of TX are not used to cold weather where it's below freezing all the time. That would be like telling the people at the Equator to get ready for subzero weather. But with global warming and increases in greenhouse gases, you don't know when the air currents may change and send cold air down to TX again. This story has nothing to do with snow in KY.

Post Thanks / Like

Ted Cruz is a joke