Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

SCOTUS denies GOP PA lawsuit

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/22/polit...urt/index.html

Another one bites the Dust! What is that now. 61 Cases lost by the GOP?

Post Thanks / Like
    the dissent.

https://beta.documentcloud.org/docum...homass-dissent

I EXPECTED this ruling. The court has no stomach to hear these cases. What bothers me is that the constitution is reasonably clear on election law. AND I believe states like Pennsylvania chose not to follow their own laws.

The dissent is interesting.

I sure hope states like PA codify election law more effectively, as this clearly means the constitution is a worthless piece of paper, not worthy of wiping my ASS.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

Tell me more

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    the dissent.

https://beta.documentcloud.org/docum...homass-dissent

I EXPECTED this ruling. The court has no stomach to hear these cases. What bothers me is that the constitution is reasonably clear on election law. AND I believe states like Pennsylvania chose not to follow their own laws.

The dissent is interesting.

I sure hope states like PA codify election law more effectively, as this clearly means the constitution is a worthless piece of paper, not worthy of wiping my ASS.

Later,

Geo
    The US Constitution only means what the Courts say it means and the SCOTUS is the last word on what the Constitution says not you or me. Look at the 4th amendment to see what I mean. We are not free from search and seizure at all. The courts have ruled so many exceptions that it's practically meaningless these days. Same with the 2nd amendment.

What is key to this ruling is not those that descent but those GOP-appointed judges that went along with the ruling to not take up the case. This is a state's right case and the states determine how each state does the voting to a certain degree. One day I hope the courts step in and stop the states from making it harder to vote. The Red states like GA have figured out if they let all the people vote they will lose elections so now they are passing laws to make it much harder to vote. No mail-in voting allowed. No voting drop boxes. More Gerrymandering This is called Voter Suppression. And Trump was right they did rig the voting in favor of the GOP.

Post Thanks / Like
    As I stated earlier, I expected this. While I wanted clarity from the courts with regards to the states unilaterally changing stuff without legislation, the Supreme Court chose not to clarify that particular component. THIS is FINE with me, which also means the Supreme Court doesn't have the stomach, or authority to deal with Georgia and the changes they are making to eliminate mail in voting and drop off voting.

You cannot have it both ways.

I expected and hoped the Supreme court would kick the case. By kicking it , the PUSHED it back to the states, and the states will codify elections.

We shall see.

Post Thanks / Like

IT depends on what the case involved don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    As I stated earlier, I expected this. While I wanted clarity from the courts with regards to the states unilaterally changing stuff without legislation, the Supreme Court chose not to clarify that particular component. THIS is FINE with me, which also means the Supreme Court doesn't have the stomach, or authority to deal with Georgia and the changes they are making to eliminate mail-in voting and drop off voting.

You cannot have it both ways.

I expected and hoped the Supreme court would kick the case. By kicking it, the PUSHED it back to the states, and the states will codify elections.

We shall see.
    Yes, well shall see. Time will tell. There are federal laws that involved voting rights though. Hopefully, Covid-19 will be under control or gone by the time the next election comes around and people will be able to vote in person. I myself vote by mail as I'm never home at election time.