Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

New virus variant found in New York

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/25/healt...ity/index.html

30 years ago when I was in college we were studying animal populations in my wildlife biology class. As animal populations increase diseases increase and reduce the animal population.

So I guess the only way to really get rid of this virus is to reduce the human population so that the virus can't spread and mutate.

If the virus mutates faster than we can make a new vaccine then reducing the animal population may be natures answer to the virus. There may be nothing we can do to stop this **** thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/25/healt...ity/index.html

30 years ago when I was in college we were studying animal populations in my wildlife biology class. As animal populations increase diseases increase and reduce the animal population.

So I guess the only way to really get rid of this virus is to reduce the human population so that the virus can't spread and mutate.

If the virus mutates faster than we can make a new vaccine then reducing the animal population may be natures answer to the virus. There may be nothing we can do to stop this **** thing.
    I tend to think we have witnessed the beginning of a serious virus that will reduce the population more than any other recent virus or other causes of death if it continues to mutate and not want to be eradicated. As a whole we have so many people who cannot fight this virus off because of preexisting conditions and many who still don't want to take extra steps to protect themselves and their loved ones. I was one of those people who followed the mask mandates but still didn't think much about getting it.....until I caught it. My recent trip to Florida proved to me at how "relaxed" many people are with wearing masks in gas stations and even grocery stores. We stopped in North Carolina, Tennessee, South Carolina and of course Florida and it was always discussed at how few mask were being worn. I just kept my distance.

Ironically, I caught Covid from one of the guys I was travelling with who didn't know that he had been exposed to it at work. We both started showing symptoms when we got back from our fishing trip. His factory went from 100+ employees to a skeleton crew (less than 30 people) within a week after we started feeling ill. This virus is wicked and moves fast.

I have zero extended education in biology but from what I have learned and read through my years I knew like most that this virus would mutate like the regular flu has. Its scary to think about where we will be in years to come.
    I think our educational system will forever be changed as well. Smaller class loads and use of technology will be the normal way. Healthcare was already going that way with remote units that could talk with patients and that will also continue to develop so doctors don't get exposed as much. Stay safe out there!
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    I tend to think we have witnessed the beginning of a serious virus that will reduce the population more than any other recent virus or other causes of death if it continues to mutate and not want to be eradicated.
    A virologist I follow is of a similar opinion. He thinks its capacity for mutation is dangerous. He also said that it's likely that vaccines will still be effective because of how they're designed, but maybe LESS effective with a mutation. So someone who's vaccinated could contract one of the variants, and they'd get sick but perhaps it wouldn't be fatal.

One thing a lot of people are mistakenly doing is focusing on the survivability rate. That number looks okay until you start researching the long-term health effects COVID has. I have a friend who had it in May of last year. Young, healthy, athletic dude. To this day, he says he gets winded playing basketball in about two trips up and down the floor.
    Likes DJD, GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes this is truly one bad & very serious virus. I fear people are getting way to relaxed & infections will escalate again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    Yes this is truly one bad & very serious virus. I fear people are getting way to relaxed & infections will escalate again.
    That's a real concern for sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jcb View Post
    That's a real concern for sure.
    no problem, xiden has it under control...just ask fake news.
    and all those illegals bringing in more china virus variants will make it totally harmless in few weeks.
    Likes TimE liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

you are the fake news druggedman

Quote Originally Posted by dragmerc View Post
    no problem, xiden has it under control...just ask fake news.
    and all those illegals bringing in more china virus variants will make it totally harmless in few weeks.
    The only fake news out there is coming from Newsmax and Fox news. That is why you seem so out of touch with reality. You get the fake news from Fox.

And we will find out if the vaccines that Trump made work or not. And if they don't I'm confident that Biden will have these companies making the virus to revise the vaccine to work against the variants.

Post Thanks / Like
    The only fake news out there is coming from Newsmax and Fox news. That is why you seem so out of touch with reality. You get the fake news from Fox.

And we will find out if the vaccines that Trump made work or not. And if they don't I'm confident that Biden will have these companies making the virus to revise the vaccine to work against the variants.
    He is exactly right. Everyone prior to your spineless coward ass knows it also.

Sure great idea, let’s have jo and falsi spend millions more making viruses. **** you are dumber than username suggests.

Post Thanks / Like

time is endless but you are not

Quote Originally Posted by TimE View Post
    He is exactly right. Everyone prior to your spineless coward ass knows it also.

Sure great idea, let’s have jo and falsi spend millions more making viruses. **** you are dumber than username suggests.
    It's Dr. Fauci to you dumbass. And you are dumber than Dumb and dumber movie characters. Those two together are still smarter than TimE.

Viruses mutate and the more virus around the more likely they are to mutate. This is why it's important to stop the virus all around the world not just in the USA. We could stop it here but unless we keep everyone from traveling to and from other countries and back to the USA the virus that mutated will come back and bite us in the ass.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's Dr. Fauci to you dumbass. And you are dumber than Dumb and dumber movie characters. Those two together are still smarter than TimE.

Viruses mutate and the more virus around the more likely they are to mutate. This is why it's important to stop the virus all around the world not just in the USA. We could stop it here but unless we keep everyone from traveling to and from other countries and back to the USA the virus that mutated will come back and bite us in the ass.
    What the hell do you think is happening at the southern border right now? You can’t be this stupid. None so blind as those who will not see.

Post Thanks / Like

You stupid putz

Quote Originally Posted by TimE View Post
    What the hell do you think is happening at the southern border right now? You can’t be this stupid. None so blind as those who will not see.
    I don't watch Fox Noise Entertainment shows on TV at night or during the day. Fake news that focuses on crap that I don't really care about. I'm not stupid at all. Only really stupid people watch an entertainment channel for their news. Points to TimE. You are the stupid one.

If you ever read what I said about the border you would shut the hell up now.