Search Fishin.com

Thread: Cedar

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Cedar

Anyone having any luck bass fishing Cedar this week with the murky water?
    My uncle went yesterday and didn’t do too well but said the water was still pretty stained.
    Any advice in general on prespawn fish with murky to muddy water? I plan on going Saturday
    but we are due some more rain.

Post Thanks / Like
    PM sent.
    Likes jp_2 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Well we went today but we’re only on the water about 20 minutes before thunder and distant lighting prompted us, and from the looks of it everyone else on the lake, to head back to the ramp and load up.
    We got no bites but had just gotten started. Water conditions looked to be a foot or less of visibility. My Uncle’s transducer has been quirky but the water temperature was around 54 mid-lake.

That was my shortest fishing trip ever. Hopefully I can get back on the water before spawn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I was on the water also, I set thru the lightning and rain then the wind got up the ramps all but cleared out so I left also. When I got home I check the radar and It was at it again there so I was clad I left.

Post Thanks / Like
    I went yesterday after the storms went through and managed to catch 2 bass. One was 19 inches the other was 16 inches. Talked to a guy at the ramp and he said there was a crappie tournament going on before the storms hit. Showed me a few pics of some huge crappie that were caught. Said he found them in 10-12 feet of water
    Likes jp_2, fishincreek liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Was here 2 weeks ago and temps were close to 60, back last Friday and down to 56 but water color was good.

Post Thanks / Like
    I went to Cedar last Sunday. The water was in the low 60’s. I only caught a couple. One was decent-3 1/2 lbs. She looked to be full of eggs. The other one was only about 12 inches but was super fat for its size—also looked full of eggs with that stomach. Both fish were caught on a chatterbait.

I need to get more confident flipping to structure. I watched a fellow catch two good fish off the same tree in a handful of casts. I maybe could have caught more had I not focused on moving baits. Anyway, better than a good day at work.

Post Thanks / Like
    I went to Cedar Saturday. We were catching them early, shallow on chatterbaits. We’re having trouble dialing it in after that morning bite is over though. We’ve pretty much been blanking after that and it is definitely frustrating. Any advice on finding the bass this time of year once the early action tapers off? It doesn’t have to be specific to Cedar. Any advice is appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to post spawn at Cedar, I move offshore for the rest of the year. I did pickup several more is less than 5' of water working thru the grass Saturday.
    Likes jp_2, 18RangerZ520L liked this post