Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Minnows-Louisville area

I live in Louisville(JTown) and was wondering where you can buy minnows at. Was planning on fishing Taylorsville and bought them at the store at the top of Settler's Trace boat ramp. I believe the store was torn down.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JimDi View Post
    I live in Louisville(JTown) and was wondering where you can buy minnows at. Was planning on fishing Taylorsville and bought them at the store at the top of Settler's Trace boat ramp. I believe the store was torn down.
    Smyrna bait and tackle on symrna road. Got minows by the dozen or by the pound. Also has all your catfish bait.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jim ... are you talking about the Settlers Trace Lakeside gas station/store being "torn down" ?? Any idea WHY ??

They used to sell minnows at the marina, but it's been decades since I used minnows at Taylorsville so I don't know if they still do. And I'm sure that if they do still sell them, they're just as proud of them (price wise) as they used to be.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure why it was torn down. Was looking for someplace on the way to the lake. Guess if I'm going will have to swing by Smyrna.

Went out to Taylorsville last year for the first time in the spring and it was a zoo. Was it because of COVID?

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure why it was torn down. Was looking for someplace on the way to the lake. Guess if I'm going will have to swing by Smyrna.

Went out to Taylorsville last year for the first time in the spring and it was a zoo. Was it because of COVID?
    Very likely Covid related, plus that a few of the Spring spawns in years prior had yielded some 11-15" fish (though not so much in the last couple of years).
    Those Slabs popped up several years ago & within a couple of years afterwards the size limit was raised to 10" ... couple of years after that the big fish numbers seemed to dwindle and I haven't seen any reports over the last few years that show the numbers are back. And I certainly haven't experienced catching any in the last couple of years, even finding it hard to consistently catch a handful of keepers. No big gig to catch 9.5"- 9.75" fish, just not done good on anything bigger.