Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Marina Expansion Lake Cumberland-Public comments requested

Marina Rowena marina expansion plans, and request for comments.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Marina Rowena Expansion.pdf  

Post Thanks / Like
    My comments would be build a wake barrier instead of idle zones and don’t even think about regulating fishing.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

To many now

To many marinas now. Hopefully it doesn't get approved.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is this the marina between beaver and Indian.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    To many marinas now. Hopefully it doesn't get approved.
    amen

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TimE View Post
    My comments would be build a wake barrier instead of idle zones and don’t even think about regulating fishing.
    Good idea. The marina & no wake zone at the mouth of Wolf & at Lees Ford is frigging ridiculous. The old man at Lees Ford flat pisses me off with his little air horn & that mouth. I idle as slow as my boat can possibly go & if he blows his horn & hollers at me i just tell him to stick that air horn up his *ss. I personally think the marinas need to be in off shoots instead of the middle of a main creek or lake channel either one, but then i dispize the big house boats, wake boats & sea going sized cruisers & yachts filled with drunks on the lake anyway. Literally saw a guy throwed out of the boat when standing up front getting ready to get off onto the float to get truck because of an idiot in a big ass yacht & not paying any attention about his wake that he's suppose to be responsible for. Also done quite a bit of damage to the guys boat. The guy had to be grabbed & drug up onto the float before he went off backwards into the water because of the idiot. OK s rant over for now I guess.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    Good idea. The marina & no wake zone at the mouth of Wolf & at Lees Ford is frigging ridiculous. The old man at Lees Ford flat pisses me off with his little air horn & that mouth. I idle as slow as my boat can possibly go & if he blows his horn & hollers at me i just tell him to stick that air horn up his *ss. I personally think the marinas need to be in off shoots instead of the middle of a main creek or lake channel either one, but then i dispize the big house boats, wake boats & sea going sized cruisers & yachts filled with drunks on the lake anyway. Literally saw a guy throwed out of the boat when standing up front getting ready to get off onto the float to get truck because of an idiot in a big ass yacht & not paying any attention about his wake that he's suppose to be responsible for. Also done quite a bit of damage to the guys boat. The guy had to be grabbed & drug up onto the float before he went off backwards into the water because of the idiot. OK s rant over for now I guess.
    I know the owners. Fine,fine people. I also understand they want to grow but should have a pretty good idea about wake barriers at Sunset. The state park and Jamestown is ridiculous! Conley seems to keep creeping outward also.

Lol, never had the horn blown at me at Lee’s ford but I wouldn’t pay any attention to it anyway. I usually clip thru at 7mph according to gps. The no fishing within 150’ rule is BS though and it should be challenged in court. We have a prick here that tries to claim a whole holler and will argue his eyes vs Leica rangefinder.

Post Thanks / Like
    It has been challenged in court and the private individual lost their case. Once Green River Marina showed the judge the paperwork where The Corps of Engineers allows a business to prohibit fishing within 150 ft of a store front or gas pumps the individual had no grounds to stand on so the fine was enforced buy the judge along with all the court cost to fight the case. The problem is its 150 ft of a store front or gas pump and the marina owner likes to run you off from the boat slip that is a lot more than 150 ft feet away. In that case they have no ground to stand on but if your within 150 ft of their store front or gas pumps they can prohibit fishing per Corps of engineer lease agreement. I am not saying its right or wrong but its in place so fishermen don't impede traffic to a store front or gas pump.

Now regarding the Rowena project the way I look at the drawing and understand the diagram they already have one cove blocked off and are wanting to block off another cove. Personally it want bother me if its approved or not approved. Now if they come out of the cove onto the main lake and start to restrict main lake traffic then I have an issue but blocking off a second cove really does not bother me but there does need to be a stopping point of how many coves they can block off.