Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

This is why we wear masks

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/wel...?ocid=msedgdhp

We wear a mask to stop the spread of these droplets when we talk. Which is why it infuriated me when Politicians take their masks off when they step up to the microphone. That is when they should be wearing their masks not taking them off. Humans are stupid creature and have the attention span of a 2-year-old sometimes. Wear the **** mask when you step up to the microphone and wipe the podium down with antiseptics that kill virus before you begin to approach the podium and right when you finish talking at the podium. That way the next person won't get your **** virus germs.

Flu cases are on the rise again. Several years ago, before the Virus Pandemic we have hundreds of millions of cases of the regular flu in the USA. But when people started wearing masks the number of flu cases decreased dramatically. Masks work. Masks prevented the flu from spreading like it did in the years before we all started wearing masks. They stopped the spread of the common flu as well as the spread of the SARS CoV2 virus. The link above shows why this is true. Read it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/wel...?ocid=msedgdhp

We wear a mask to stop the spread of these droplets when we talk. Which is why it infuriated me when Politicians take their masks off when they step up to the microphone. That is when they should be wearing their masks not taking them off. Humans are stupid creature and have the attention span of a 2-year-old sometimes. Wear the **** mask when you step up to the microphone and wipe the podium down with antiseptics that kill virus before you begin to approach the podium and right when you finish talking at the podium. That way the next person won't get your **** virus germs.

Flu cases are on the rise again. Several years ago, before the Virus Pandemic we have hundreds of millions of cases of the regular flu in the USA. But when people started wearing masks the number of flu cases decreased dramatically. Masks work. Masks prevented the flu from spreading like it did in the years before we all started wearing masks. They stopped the spread of the common flu as well as the spread of the SARS CoV2 virus. The link above shows why this is true. Read it.
    WE Cannot and will NOT live in a freakin bubble.

**** happens, people die......that is how this stuff works.

I was OK with masks for the covid due to the severity of it, but I will NOT wear a mask during flu season and I will NOT wear a mask at any other time.

Sorry MoveON. The leftist, extremist, scare tactic agenda has ran it's course.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Moveon, good graphic.

I look at it this way. What do I need do reasonably to be sure I am healthy enough to do the things I want to do? I brush teeth to avoid the dentist as an example.

I got the Covid shots, will get my flu shots again as usual. The mask will be with me, so when I walk in somewhere that's crowded I got just that one more way to increase my odds.

Yep, stuff happens. I can't stop lightning....but I don't hold golf clubs in open fields in storms. I can't keep the rain off the roads, but I do make sure I got good tread on my tires and the ABS system works. I got health insurance, not because I want to use it often. And.....I got life insurance and look forward to the premiums being a sunk cost...without benefit to me :-) I wear a mask when I work with insulation and dry wall, and with out door sprays. So adding one for a trip into a store, is really not much of a big deal.

I prepare and take precautions so I can go forward with my life with less fear, more health, and enjoy the things that make this whole deal worth it.
    Likes Moveon, GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

You stupid idiot!

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    WE Cannot and will NOT live in a freakin bubble.

**** happens, people die......that is how this stuff works.

I was OK with masks for the covid due to the severity of it, but I will NOT wear a mask during flu season and I will NOT wear a mask at any other time.

Sorry MoveON. The leftist, extremist, scare tactic agenda has ran it's course.

Later,

Geo
    You missed the point of my post big time. I was not saying to wear a mask to keep from getting the flu. Not getting the flu was a byproduct of wearing the mask to stop from getting Covid-19. You are so **** far to the right that you can't see straight anymore. Maybe you never could see straight in the first place. And wearing a mask was not a leftist idea. You would be really stupid to think that. And it's not a **** scare tactic. It's a scientific fact that masks work. No one is asking or telling you to wear a mask to prevent the common flu. My point was that masks worked to stop the flu when we wore them to stop covid. Like always your prejudice influences what you want to hear instead of what you hear. That's on you Geo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoraSpook View Post
    Thanks Moveon, good graphic.

I look at it this way. What do I need do reasonably to be sure I am healthy enough to do the things I want to do? I brush teeth to avoid the dentist as an example.

I got the Covid shots, will get my flu shots again as usual. The mask will be with me, so when I walk in somewhere that's crowded I got just that one more way to increase my odds.

Yep, stuff happens. I can't stop lightning....but I don't hold golf clubs in open fields in storms. I can't keep the rain off the roads, but I do make sure I got good tread on my tires and the ABS system works. I got health insurance, not because I want to use it often. And.....I got life insurance and look forward to the premiums being a sunk cost...without benefit to me :-) I wear a mask when I work with insulation and dry wall, and with out door sprays. So adding one for a trip into a store, is really not much of a big deal.

I prepare and take precautions so I can go forward with my life with less fear, more health, and enjoy the things that make this whole deal worth it.
    I have a mask with me too, and will wear it if I feel the need...........

I'm vaccinated, and get the flu shot......AND the CDC has been the defacto "gods" on what you should and should not do, and they have proclaimed, that vaccinated people don't need a mask. Maybe it's political, maybe it's not.

If it wasn't political what they were saying back during the Trump Administration, is surely ain't political now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    You missed the point of my post big time. I was not saying to wear a mask to keep from getting the flu. Not getting the flu was a byproduct of wearing the mask to stop from getting Covid-19. You are so **** far to the right that you can't see straight anymore. Maybe you never could see straight in the first place. And wearing a mask was not a leftist idea. You would be really stupid to think that. And it's not a **** scare tactic. It's a scientific fact that masks work. No one is asking or telling you to wear a mask to prevent the common flu. My point was that masks worked to stop the flu when we wore them to stop covid. Like always your prejudice influences what you want to hear instead of what you hear. That's on you Geo.
    The story IS about pushing mask wearing during flu season. IF you don't see that, well..........

And for the record, I posted a very similar graphic months ago. I absolutely agree that the spit, and sneezing, and coughing, is CONTROLLED with whatever mask you wear...N95, hazmat suit, or cloth diaper as some folks here want to say.

BUT I will not be told to wear a mask in the freakin up coming flu season........

You wait...it's coming.

When I pull this up in 5 months, when we have politicians stating we should wear a mask during flu season, will you apologize for your attack on me? I doubt it.

Later,

Geo.

Post Thanks / Like

I never intended to tell you to wear a mask for the flu

The story IS about pushing mask wearing during flu season. IF you don't see that, well..........

And for the record, I posted a very similar graphic months ago. I absolutely agree that the spit, and sneezing, and coughing, is CONTROLLED with whatever mask you wear...N95, hazmat suit, or cloth diaper as some folks here want to say.

BUT I will not be told to wear a mask in the freakin up coming flu season........

You wait...it's coming.

When I pull this up in 5 months, when we have politicians stating we should wear a mask during flu season, will you apologize for your attack on me? I doubt it.

Later,

Geo.
    Well at least we are on the same page about not having to wear a mask to prevent one from getting the flu. I'd rather just get my flu shot than have to wear a mask to prevent getting the common flu. At my age I need to be protected from the flu and SARS CoV2 with the latter being even more important. Which is why I get the flu shot and the Covid-19 vaccine. I also got my shingles vaccine and a pneumonia vaccine. I get what my doctor tells me to get. After having a heart attack back in 2009 I started listening to my doctor a lot more and doing what they tell me to do.

I don't see a future where any doctors tell us to wear a mask to prevent getting the flu when it's much easier to just get the flu vaccine instead.

Now let me be clear. I'm over 60 years of age and retired. Therefore, I don't have to get out all the time. I only go out for necessities and even then, I have a lot of things delivered to the house, so I don't have to get out and be around people this past two years. So, if I have to wear a mask to go inside the grocery store it's only for about an hour or so. So, I'm not having to wear a mask very long. Now I can see where others that have to wear a mask at work would get tired of having to wear a mask. I'm lucky to not be in that position. I don't have to worry about the back of my ears getting sore from wearing a mask for long hours at a time daily. Which is why I don't mind mask mandates as they really don't affect me that much. We both know that mask help reduce the amount of spit that travels out of one's mouth and nose and reduced the distance that spit travels when ejected out of the mouth while talking, shouting, or sneezing. The mask helps reduce the spread of spit and thus the amount of virus particles. And I'm talking about Covid-19 now. I just posted the picture to help show others how a mask reduced the amount of spit. I was not intending to tell anyone to wear a mask to stop the spread of the flu. The reduction of flu cases was what I was pointing out as if you reduce Covid-19 spread by wearing a mask you also reduce the spread of the common flu. That was all I intended to say with my OP.

Post Thanks / Like
    masks are a blessing in disguise.
    seems mostly dims are wearing them.
    it sure is nice to NOT have to look at the tattooed, nose ring, green haired slop hogs.

Post Thanks / Like

Better than looking at a dead covid bloated X GOP guy

Quote Originally Posted by dragmerc View Post
    masks are a blessing in disguise.
    seems mostly dims are wearing them.
    it sure is nice to NOT have to look at the tattooed, nose ring, green haired slop hogs.
    Yea that would be bad but looking at a dead GOP anti masker who got SARS CoV2 and died and laid out in the sun rotting away with lots of blowflies maggots eating away his silly looking face would be much worse.

Post Thanks / Like

Thinking out loud

Covid can be passed if an infected person expels air like in a sneeze or cough.....right? That’s part of the reason to wear a face mask..... right?

So can Covid spread if an infected person “ passes gas/ passes air”? 🤔 and if so are jeans a substitute for a mask? 🤔

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoraSpook View Post
    Covid can be passed if an infected person expels air like in a sneeze or cough.....right? That’s part of the reason to wear a face mask..... right?

So can Covid spread if an infected person “ passes gas/ passes air”? 樂 and if so are jeans a substitute for a mask? 樂
    I'm pretty sure that covid cannot survive the gastro intestinal tract.......the ACID bath will kill anything.....

I believe.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

You might think that but,

I'm pretty sure that covid cannot survive the gastro intestinal tract.......the ACID bath will kill anything.....

I believe.

Later,

Geo
    Early on in the pandemic I read where the virus spread from one upstairs apartment to the one below via the sewer pipes. Evidently the vent pipes had a leak and the virus spread from the pipe into the air of the apartment below. So I guess that the virus can survive the human intestinal system in some cases. I personally would think that the stomach acid would kill the virus also. But maybe the virus got into the large intestine where there is not as much acid as in the stomach. The virus is small and can travel around in the blood stream and get into the intestine that way. I've not read or heard anything more about that method of spreading the virus. You might think that if the virus is in our intestines it could spread though the lakes and rivers where we dump our sewage and then get our drinking water out of. If you think about it the treatment plants don't really kill all the critters in the sewage as cryptosporidium spores get though the treatment process for both sewage and drinking water. Take a trip down to the local sewage treatment plant and then another trip to the drinking water treatment plants and see for yourselves. I remember going there in High School for our Biology class.