Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    Covid will never go away as long as cats, dogs, minks and several other animal species maintain the virus in their populations. We will never be able to get rid of Covid-19. You are ignorant if you think that head immunity will stop this virus. It came from bats and spread to humans and 6 other animal species according to what I read yesterday.

Government money? You are a crazy conspiracy believer. Ever since Fox News started they have been attacking the Government and spreading their communist propaganda to help try to destroy the USA. Why we ever allowed a Rich British Idiot get a TV station in the USA is beyond me. I guess Reagon was in on it as he is the one that got rid of the Fairness Doctrine and allowed Rupert to get Fox on the Cable. That was a huge mistake. Fox has brainwashed to many people and spread conspiracy theories that have no basis in fact at all. You would not know the truth if it came up and bit you on the ass/face.
    Yea, gubment money.......It is quite easy to see the numbers on gubment health care spending and see the numbers from the top 10 Hospital companies...

Post Thanks / Like

Many will disagree with you about hospitals

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    Yea, gubment money.......It is quite easy to see the numbers on gubment health care spending and see the numbers from the top 10 Hospital companies...
    That same hospital that you are bitching about is the very thing that may keep you alive the next time you need emergency medical help. You say that you don't care about life but I bet you will change your tune the next time you are on your death bed from some type of accident and need that medical help to live.

You talk about death like it's nothing. That is a problem that you need to address. It's talk like that that gets you into trouble. You have no empathy for others which is a typical extreme right wing trait.

Post Thanks / Like
    That same hospital that you are bitching about is the very thing that may keep you alive the next time you need emergency medical help. You say that you don't care about life but I bet you will change your tune the next time you are on your death bed from some type of accident and need that medical help to live.

You talk about death like it's nothing. That is a problem that you need to address. It's talk like that that gets you into trouble. You have no empathy for others which is a typical extreme right wing trait.
    when uncle sugar pays the bills, and PAYS for **** near everything, and the bills are being paid to PRIVATE / for PROFIT companies, well you have what we have.

Most places that have universal health coverage and that coverage is a "right", also have pretty freaking CLEAR mandates and regulations on profits......Profits at the provider level.

There are reasons our **** doesn't work. And it is easy to fix, IF we want to fix it.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

Well actually I think you are right about UHC

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    when uncle sugar pays the bills, and PAYS for **** near everything, and the bills are being paid to PRIVATE / for PROFIT companies, well you have what we have.

Most places that have universal health coverage and that coverage is a "right", also have pretty freaking CLEAR mandates and regulations on profits......Profits at the provider level.

There are reasons our **** doesn't work. And it is easy to fix, IF we want to fix it.

Later,

Geo
    Health care cost are out of sight, that is true. So you want the Government to pay for all health care costs now? That would be nice for poor people who can't afford to go to the Hospital and get medical care due to the high costs and lack of good health care insurance.

I recently had a hospital Procedure which costs around $7000.00. The cardiologist was paid around $1200 and the hospital got the rest. The procedure itself lasted less than 45 minutes. I was in and out. They put me under for the procedure so I could not drive home afterwards. I had to hire a taxi to get home. That was the worst part of the procedure. The phlebotomist got the needle into my arm for the IV in the first try. So that was good. I went to sleep and woke up just fine. My Atrial Fibrillation was gone, and I was back in a normal sinus rhythm. I feel a lot better. And my insurance paid for everything. So I didn't have any out of pocket expenses. I wish that everyone would have good insurance and help them pay for these sky high Doctors and hospital costs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Health care cost are out of sight, that is true. So you want the Government to pay for all health care costs now? That would be nice for poor people who can't afford to go to the Hospital and get medical care due to the high costs and lack of good health care insurance.

I recently had a hospital Procedure which costs around $7000.00. The cardiologist was paid around $1200 and the hospital got the rest. The procedure itself lasted less than 45 minutes. I was in and out. They put me under for the procedure so I could not drive home afterwards. I had to hire a taxi to get home. That was the worst part of the procedure. The phlebotomist got the needle into my arm for the IV in the first try. So that was good. I went to sleep and woke up just fine. My Atrial Fibrillation was gone, and I was back in a normal sinus rhythm. I feel a lot better. And my insurance paid for everything. So I didn't have any out of pocket expenses. I wish that everyone would have good insurance and help them pay for these sky high Doctors and hospital costs.
    Glad to hear all went well. And totally agree medical procedure and rx costs are in my opinion criminally higher, price gouging, and ought be audited and squashed to reasonable levels.

Hey Geo, re: old folks and medical vs funeral services. What age do you propose is old enough and no longer justified for medical attention to continue increased life span . My grandmother was over 100 when she passed and served as a volunteer Grey lady from ages 18 till 95. She stopped working and retired because at age 95 she didn’t feel safe walking the 3 miles to and from the hospital where she served. 👍

I’m a veteran and over 65. So at what point am I expected to roll over and save taxpayers my disability and retirement payments?
    Likes Moveon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    My fishing partner of over 20 years got it & so did his wife. He was extremely sick & his wife had it very mild. Now he's doing fine, but his wife has been left with bad anxiety.

Post Thanks / Like

Example

An example of this effect:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The Delta Variant is causing problems with young people

This delta variant of the SARS CoV2 virus is causing increases in hospital admissions. Most all the infections are happening to people who have not to be vaccinated. Those that have breakthroughs are very minor percentages and are happening mostly to those that can't produce adequate antibodies themselves due to suppressed immune systems.

LA County in California is requiring masks to be worn while indoors again after allowing people who were vaccinated to go without masks for a short time. This is due to the problems with the Delta Variant spreading throughout the world now.

Post Thanks / Like

More information about the 33% with brain disorders

Note: the Delta Variant is causing more younger people to be hospitalized. And every one of them have not been vaccinated for Covid19 disease.

https://www.aarp.org/health/conditio...qmzygbrdinbqmy

The researchers also compared the group of COVID-19 survivors with populations of patients diagnosed with influenza and other respiratory tract infections, and they found a significantly greater risk for neurological or psychiatric conditions among the COVID cohort than the other two groups

I found the above link on our local TV news channels website. They are pretty apolitical The good news is that 2/3 rds or 66% of the people that get covid19 and survive don't get brain fog or neurological symptoms. See your doctor and ask them questions about this if he had covid19 and are not getting brain fog or other neurological symptoms.

Post Thanks / Like
    About 50% of the state has atleast 1 shot and 44% fully vaccinated. Add the immune from 269,000 cases to both those figures. So, we are over 1/2 done.

First thing that means is if a Delta spike hits 50% fewer can get the virus so it ought to be a smaller wave.

Second, it the folks that don't want to get the vaccine do get the Delta, unfortunately, that seems to be a self inflicted injury. The brain fog that one might experience after being un-vaccinated and getting Delta, is nothing more than the brain fog experience during vaccine reluctance.

I want everybody to be healthy, but my ability to be sympathetic to those who discharge firearms inside their own shoe is wanning.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I love your last sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoraSpook View Post
    About 50% of the state has atleast 1 shot and 44% fully vaccinated. Add the immune from 269,000 cases to both those figures. So, we are over 1/2 done.

First thing that means is if a Delta spike hits 50% fewer can get the virus so it ought to be a smaller wave.

Second, it the folks that don't want to get the vaccine do get the Delta, unfortunately, that seems to be a self inflicted injury. The brain fog that one might experience after being un-vaccinated and getting Delta, is nothing more than the brain fog experience during vaccine reluctance.

I want everybody to be healthy, but my ability to be sympathetic to those who discharge firearms inside their own shoe is waning.
    The trouble with those that refuse to get the vaccine is that they can get the virus, incubate the virus, and then spread the virus to others allowing the virus to stay active in the population and thus giving it more opportunity to mutate again. If it becomes mutated those mutations may be able to infect even those of us that are fully vaccinated and not immunocompromised. We have a right to have freedom but when that freedom starts interfering with other people's freedoms then something has to be done to prevent that from happening. We should not be allowed to become human incubators of a highly infectious disease that can kill people or make them very sick. The problem here is that the virus doesn't always kill and can infect someone and make them a carrier without them even knowing unless they get tested. They normally won't get tested unless they get sick and go to the hospital. And therein lies the big problem. They won't know that they are infected and go around spreading the virus to others. We need to prevent this from happening. And the only good way to stop the spread is to keep people apart until the virus is irradiated. The next best thing is to wear masks and for that, to work everyone has to wear a mask as we don't know who has the virus and who is clean. All it takes is one infected person to spread the virus to others.

What really gals me is people that go on media and make fun of wearing a mask or getting vaccinated. People that make fun of this need to shut up. I was watching Fox in the early morning today or yesterday morning. I don't normally do that but it was early in the morning and I could not sleep so I turned on the TV and was flipping. I saw four women and one man on the TV show. They were laughing and making bad jokes about the virus and getting vaccinated. They were horrible. They are the people that the US Surgeon General is talking about. They are the ones that are helping to kill people IMHO. They are discouraging people from getting vaccinated and thus causing people to not get vaccinated or wear masks or stay apart. This is why the virus continues to spread and possibly mutate again.

I hope that this time the virus doesn't spread to badly but I fear that the number of people getting this virus is rising rapidly. It's doubled in my area in the last two weeks where before it was going down. It went up after the delta variant arrived in our area. Testing indicated that almost 90% of those getting infected are due to the delta variant. BTW. Fox News was talking about the experts are not following the science but that is dead wrong. The science involved the number of infected going up or down. If it goes up then we have to implement more controls like requiring masks to be worn again. if the numbers go down then we can get back to normal again. So our leaders are following the science when they see the number of virus infection cases go way up and require masks and social distancing again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well said. Freedom has always come with responsibility as an unstated prerequisite.
    Likes Moveon, GeoFisher liked this post