Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Supreme Court rules against NCAA

Now this is something we all can really talk about.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/21/polit...urt/index.html

IMHO this is going to ruin college football. Pro's get paid to play pro sports. But College kids get a free education. If you are a rookie pro player and get hurt and can't play anymore who's going to pay you? If you have a education to fall back on then you can still make a living. IMHO Universities need to stop allowing players to play without getting a real education. My freshman year I saw several of the Purdue Football players the first day of class in English Class and after that they never showed back up again. And at Purdue you have to pass freshman English class to stay in school. But I wondered if the football players got a pass or were transferred to a different English class? So many athletic these days don't have to attend classes as long as they play ball and make money for the University. That is wrong if that is indeed what goes on. They should have to attend classes, study and actually pass those classes. Now I know of one college football player at Purdue when I was there that actually did study every night. Freddy Snap lived in the room next to mine and we shared an adjoining wall. And Fred was at his desk listening to the Beach Boy's every night he was not at Football practice. He was 6'5" tall and weighted over 260 lbs. and was a gentle giant until you put him on the football field when he turned into a real football player.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    Now this is something we all can really talk about.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/21/polit...urt/index.html

IMHO this is going to ruin college football. Pro's get paid to play pro sports. But College kids get a free education. If you are a rookie pro player and get hurt and can't play anymore who's going to pay you? If you have a education to fall back on then you can still make a living. IMHO Universities need to stop allowing players to play without getting a real education. My freshman year I saw several of the Purdue Football players the first day of class in English Class and after that they never showed back up again. And at Purdue you have to pass freshman English class to stay in school. But I wondered if the football players got a pass or were transferred to a different English class? So many athletic these days don't have to attend classes as long as they play ball and make money for the University. That is wrong if that is indeed what goes on. They should have to attend classes, study and actually pass those classes. Now I know of one college football player at Purdue when I was there that actually did study every night. Freddy Snap lived in the room next to mine and we shared an adjoining wall. And Fred was at his desk listening to the Beach Boy's every night he was not at Football practice. He was 6'5" tall and weighted over 260 lbs. and was a gentle giant until you put him on the football field when he turned into a real football player.
    That is such a GIGANTIC issue with college sports. They should be students first......athletics is an afterthought.
    Likes Moveon liked this post