Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Man Made Global Warming

So I figured we needed a change from all the trump bashing and mask bullshittery.

So, in Norway, they have found archeological evidence that man once thrived in an area once though to be not able to sustain human existence.

Yep friends......one of those man made catastrophe's associated with global warming. THE glaciers melting.

Welp, this evidence, including multiple arrows and arrowheads from about 6 thousand years ago. Isn't that proof enough or at least empirical evidence that MAN did live and Man DID thrive in these regions, and if it is covered in ice now, it most certainly was not covered in ice then.........MEANING that it was quite possibly warmer there than it is now.

HM........Make you wonder where these fools got their degrees. Maybe the fact that uncle sugar pays for their research into global warming has something to do with it.

AMAZING.

Here is the link if anyone is interested:

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/s...E7X-id2ajmDCiY

And here is a Quote from the article:

Expeditions to survey the Langfonne ice patch in 2014 and 2016, both particularly warm summers, also revealed copious reindeer bones and antlers, suggesting that hunters used the ice patch over the course of millennia. Their hunting technique stayed the same even as the weapons they used evolved from stone and river shell arrowheads to iron points.

Now the research team is revealing the finds in a paper published today in the journal Holocene. A record-setting total of 68 complete and partial arrows (and five arrowheads) were ultimately discovered by the team on and around the melting ice patch–more than archaeologists have recovered from any other frozen site in the world. Some of the projectiles date to the Neolithic period while the most “recent” finds are from the 14th century A.D.

All interesting, if you ask me.

I still believe there is climate change, but the idea that we CAUSE it all, or even can "change" or speed it up based on our carbon footprint is quite silly, IMHO.

Later,

Geo
    Likes LJP liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Humans have been around for a few million years and longer

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    So I figured we needed a change from all the trump bashing and mask bullshittery.

So, in Norway, they have found archeological evidence that man once thrived in an area once though to be not able to sustain human existence.

Yep friends......one of those man made catastrophe's associated with global warming. THE glaciers melting.

Welp, this evidence, including multiple arrows and arrowheads from about 6 thousand years ago. Isn't that proof enough or at least empirical evidence that MAN did live and Man DID thrive in these regions, and if it is covered in ice now, it most certainly was not covered in ice then.........MEANING that it was quite possibly warmer there than it is now.

HM........Make you wonder where these fools got their degrees. Maybe the fact that uncle sugar pays for their research into global warming has something to do with it.

AMAZING.

Here is the link if anyone is interested:

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/s...E7X-id2ajmDCiY

And here is a Quote from the article:

Expeditions to survey the Langfonne ice patch in 2014 and 2016, both particularly warm summers, also revealed copious reindeer bones and antlers, suggesting that hunters used the ice patch over the course of millennia. Their hunting technique stayed the same even as the weapons they used evolved from stone and river shell arrowheads to iron points.

Now the research team is revealing the finds in a paper published today in the journal Holocene. A record-setting total of 68 complete and partial arrows (and five arrowheads) were ultimately discovered by the team on and around the melting ice patch–more than archaeologists have recovered from any other frozen site in the world. Some of the projectiles date to the Neolithic period while the most “recent” finds are from the 14th century A.D.

All interesting, if you ask me.

I still believe there is climate change, but the idea that we CAUSE it all, or even can "change" or speed it up based on our carbon footprint is quite silly, IMHO.

Later,

Geo
    Humans were around for millions of years that is true. But they didn't live in high rises along the ocean or didn't have naval ports on the edge of the current sea that we depend on for our national security. We lived by hunting and gathering back in those early times. We came down out of the trees and walked the savanas 4 million years ago. We evolved since those times into Homo Sapiens.

Sea level has risen and fallen over the last tens of thousands of years. Major displacements of human settlements have occurred when the sea rose and fell. Humans and other animals walked across a land bridge from Asia/Russia to North America when the sea levels fell during the ice ages. And yes we have had several if not many different ice ages. We can see the effects of the ice sheets long after they melted. Just look at all the deep sheild type lakes in Canada. They were formed when huge glaciers moved and carved deep holes in the Canadian Sheild. They remain today filled in with fresh water and form land locked lakes like Eagle Lake in Ontario Canada. I fished there years ago for Walleye, Pike and Muskie.

The thing is that today we have build up our cities along the edge of the current ocean levels and if the oceans rise it could flood out these human structures that we depend on. Timing is everything. And you are talking Geologic time. (no pun intended . And the warnings are about current times. One thing we really don't know yet is how fast it happened in the past. We have theories about the melting of the ancient glaciers but we don't really have any recorded human history from 10,000 years ago. Our written history only goes back around 4,000 years or so. So did the ancient glaciers melt in ten years or did they melt overnight. Or maybe they took 100 years to melt. We do know that there are ancient cities that are now underwater along coast lines.

So what we need to worry about it current time and what would happen to the sea levels if too much ice up north melts too fast. I read on Flipboard yesterday that the areas in Siberia had ground temperatures in the 100s. And some scientist theorize that there maybe a tipping point where the tundra melts and releases all the bound up methane gas which make the warming process (Green house effect) go faster. My mom's dad use to build small green houses back in the 1950's and used them to raise flowers and garden plants in his back yard. I can tell you that the inside of those green houses was plenty warm even in the winter months.

One more thing I should add. We can take samples of the ice and test the bubbles trapped inside the ice for CO2 gas concentrations. This way we can tell what the atmosphere was like when the ice was formed thousands of years ago.

I took Historical Geology at Purdue University and Physical Geology at the Indiana State University Evansville. Historical Geology is the study of the earth from the beginning of time to now. We studied all the different time periods from the Precambrian to now. Geologist can show where the water was at different times over history. And where the land masses were at those different times. I also took a class in paleontology and Anthropology. Those were elective classes for me and were a lot of fun. I first hd to take the harder classes my first two years at Purdue as I was in Pre Veterinary Medicine back then. So they threw the harders classes at us to see if we could hack taking 10 to 20 hours a semister. I took Chemistry, Physic, Genetics, Math, Biology, Zoology and biochemistry as well as Organic Chemistry just to name a few. My only pud class was lifesaving, which allowed me some swimming time during the day. As I got older I was allowed to choose which classes I wanted to take and those were called electives. So I took a Wildlife Biology Class and the Historical Geology Class for my degree in Environmental Science and Conservation of Natural Resources. I met the now retired Director of Indiana Natural Resources Fish and Wildlife Division in those two classes at Purdue. We both studied our asses off to get As in both those classes and make the Purdue Deans list that year. That was 1975/76. That was a long time ago and I've forgotten a lot of what we l learned back then. But it's fun to think about how the Earth has changed over the last 4 billion years.

Our current era is the Cenozoic, which is itself broken down into three periods. We live in the most recent period, the Quaternary, which is then broken down into two epochs: the current Holocene, and the previous Pleistocene, which ended 11,700 years ago.