Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Something I've never seen...

I was wade-fishing under the Spears bridge this morning (Cumberland River, outside of Burkesville), and heard a terrible splash. The river surface was foggy, but I could see the top of the bridge from below. People were stopping in their cars and looking down.

My heart about stopped because I thought someone jumped. Then, through the fog, I saw a deer swimming. The deer jumped off the bridge, dropped maybe 70 ft. down, and survived the fall!

The deer made it to shore, but I lost it in the fog again...never seen anything like this.
    Likes peter liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Deer are amazing animals you see them and they vanish a few seconds once while fishing watched one run jumped into the lake swam the cove got out and ran up the dam and was gone do you realize what kind of energy that took

Post Thanks / Like

That was me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bob46 View Post
    Deer are amazing animals you see them and they vanish a few seconds once while fishing watched one run jumped into the lake swam the cove got out and ran up the dam and was gone do you realize what kind of energy that took
    So to bring everyone up to speed. I am a guide on the Cumby out of Burkesville. The day before I took Dan fishing not as a guide but as a member here. Dan had a great trip and is a good fisherman and we had a good time. They were staying in town and that was that. Now...Tonight...Dan and his friends are back but they are renting our house on the river. He comes up to our barnhouse and proceeds to tell me this story about the deer! I stop him and say "That was me!" I was the guy that watched the deer jump, I slowed down when I saw it was a fawn at first I thought it was a dog. But she panicked and jumped! Stopped looked over the edge saw her swimming and followed her to the downstream side, traffic was stopped...people thought I was looking at the scenery!!!!! Crazy huh?
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post