Search Fishin.com

I live in Tampa Bay but from North Miami Beach, Fl
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Hello…Just introducing myself but see no posts…

Hello fellow Floridians & Florida residents - I hope you are all well and safe…

I’m new to this site and wanted to introduce myself.
    I’m Marie, I’m a born & raised Floridian, from Miami and have resided all over Fl. from the Keys to the north, just 45 mins. from the Florida-Georgia border.
    I actually didn’t learn to fish until I was 16 and living with my dad and step mom on their Sailboat in Marathon. Since they were pescatarians and after my arrival, within 5 mins of getting there my dad
    told me he got me a saltwater fishing license and “around here” we fish for our dinner. So every night we’d go out on the dingy and I’d toss my line in, catching dinner for all of us (my first day there was the last day my dad caught anything within legal limits lmao he’ll never admit that though). Needless to say, I learned to fish initially on a hand line and it wasn’t until 2019, I didn’t know how to fish with a pole - nor freshwater fished, and my, then boyfriend, taught me all about it.
    Now, I live in Tampa bay and I love to freshwater fish because I find it way more challenging…except without a boat, fishing is a challenge anyway lol especially in saltwater.
    I’m on this soft bait kick lately and have been trying to try out as many as possible of all kinds
    oh and I have no clue where to freshwater fish in Hillsborough Co. so I’m always found wandering the streets and lakes in Polk Co. Lol and I prefer night fishing because it’s just too hot out.

Anyway, I don’t see other posts and I’m unsure if that’s because I’m new or there’s just no posts but was just wanting to say hello and hoping to maybe gain a fishing buddy or 2 lol

I uploaded a pic of my largest catch. I was too scared of hurting him and hooking him with the scale so now I carry a kitchen digi scale to find out the weight lmao but dude was super heavy and my bf thinks I’m exaggerating but I swear he felt 8-10lbs <shoulder shrugs> lol

Thanks for hearing me and enjoy your day!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D28F5561-AF6C-4EFB-9590-7F412831A370.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	41.5 KB 
ID:	20493  

Post Thanks / Like
    Hillsboro River ???