Search Fishin.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Devils Horse View Post
    Not going to argue the merits or dangers of the vaccines, but I will say the pro vaxx folks saying this virus will be eradicated are fooling themselves...and others. If this type virus, which is nothing like Polio, etc, could be eradicated, we wouldn't have colds or flu. You can mask up and stay isolated if you want, but Covid is here to stay. Beshear has badly damaged Ky's economy... and to what end?

Best we can hope for IMO is better treatment techniques, and a never ending procession of vaccines. I also believe it is a very dangerous precedent to mandate protein spike vaccinations. Once the government succeeds at that, mandatory flu and who know what others will become mandatory. Whether or not we become vaccine pincushions should be our choice.

I hope I'm wrong.
    You're right, anyone saying this virus will be eradicated needs either a biology or a history lesson.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jcb View Post
    You're right, anyone saying this virus will be eradicated needs either a biology or a history lesson.
    Agree! And along with the concept of herd immunity, comes the theory that the strong survive. I guess that includes the mentally strong too 😂

Post Thanks / Like
    Study from France showed it took almost a year, but almost all COVID survivors eventually got taste/smell back. Hope it does for you, Geo.
    So before sure you shower by then 🤔

Post Thanks / Like

also need a class in sociology and phycology

Along with that class in biology they need to understand human beings and how they behave as a group. Sociology and phycology have a lot to do with if they get vaccinated or not. I just read that Dr. Anthony Fauci said that if the virus keeps replicating that the chances of it mutating are greater with more people hosting the virus. And that it might mutate to the point that a new variant develops that is immune to our current vaccines. But with the new mRNA technology we can produce new vaccines that are tailored to the new variant faster than in the past. I do hope that we can beat this virus someday. I have a feeling that some in the GOP don't want this to happen as then they can blame the bad news on Biden 's administration and use that to try and win the next election IE midterms and retake back the House of Representatives and the US Senate. We will see about that. Everyone knows that the vast majority of people refusing the take the vacine are republican or Trump followers. Even though Trump has said he got the vaccination a lot of his followers still don't trust the vaccine due to what has been said for the last few months or more by conservative TV talk show hosts like Carlson and Hannity.
    I had a heavy amount of biology in HS and even was a teachers assistant in biology class my Senior year. I was in Pre-Veterinary Medicine for two full years and then majored in Environmental Science and Conservation of Natural Resources at Purdue University. I took Biology, Zoology, Microbiology, Ecology, Oceanology, Limnology, Ichthyology, Genetics, Biochemistry, Organic Chemistry, Chemistry, Physics and a lot of other courses at Purdue University, So I have a pretty good back ground in the sciences.
    Likes jcb liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Taste and smell are back, and things are almost normal.

I can finally taste the Double IPA and the kick ass cherry lambic beer I brought back from wisconsin.

Talk about good.

It's GOOD.

Likes Moveon liked this post