Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Conservative Talk Show Host dies of Covid

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/21/us/co...-19/index.html

1% Phil Valentine of Nashville, TN dies of covid. He said that everyone didn't need to get vaccinated and that his chances of dying from Covid were about 1%. Talk about Karma.

Post Thanks / Like

More on Valentine and his followers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/21/us/co...-19/index.html

1% Phil Valentine of Nashville, TN dies of covid. He said that everyone didn't need to get vaccinated and that his chances of dying from Covid were about 1%. Talk about Karma.
    Karma? Not sure I would cast that stone at a situation like that....how about bad luck? Tragic? Sounds a little less vindictive to me and bad luck happens to everyone. My fiends mother passed away and she had the test serum as it was called at the time. Sad situation as the entire family is vaccinated and still they all got the virus....all of them. She was already in bad health and her body couldn't fight anymore.
    Getting the shot does not stop you from getting sick or transmitting it or dying from it so its not a magic bullet. We will all find out in a few years how it actually affects people who received it. Hopefully no more problems pop up as millions of people are getting that shot. Personally, I will not and I'm glad I have that choice. The few who I know personally that are pushing it get pretty upset that I want to be able to decide for myself. I'll wear the mask and I will social distance because I see how that is courteous and in some cases mandated. Plus I don't like being that close to others anyway so it works for me. I'm a handwasher and use hand sanitizer all the time anyway.
    Pre exiting conditions about your health play a big role in how you react to the virus. If your already dealing with certain conditions you could have a tougher time with the virus.
    I had the Flu several times through my life and I felt much worse then compared to when I had this virus. My worst condition was staying at home with nothing to do! I had a fever for a few hours and felt sick for 2 days and then ate too much for 8 days! Gained about 7 lbs. from the lockdown since I didn't lose my sense of taste or smell. I know its real and I think our bodies will find a way to deal with this. I just don't trust the shots just like I don't get the flu shots.
    Stay safe out there!

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing to do with luck man

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    Karma? Not sure I would cast that stone at a situation like that....how about bad luck? Tragic? Sounds a little less vindictive to me and bad luck happens to everyone. My fiends mother passed away and she had the test serum as it was called at the time. Sad situation as the entire family is vaccinated and still they all got the virus....all of them. She was already in bad health and her body couldn't fight anymore.
    Getting the shot does not stop you from getting sick or transmitting it or dying from it so its not a magic bullet. We will all find out in a few years how it actually affects people who received it. Hopefully no more problems pop up as millions of people are getting that shot. Personally, I will not and I'm glad I have that choice. The few who I know personally that are pushing it get pretty upset that I want to be able to decide for myself. I'll wear the mask and I will social distance because I see how that is courteous and in some cases mandated. Plus I don't like being that close to others anyway so it works for me. I'm a handwasher and use hand sanitizer all the time anyway.
    Pre exiting conditions about your health play a big role in how you react to the virus. If your already dealing with certain conditions you could have a tougher time with the virus.
    I had the Flu several times through my life and I felt much worse then compared to when I had this virus. My worst condition was staying at home with nothing to do! I had a fever for a few hours and felt sick for 2 days and then ate too much for 8 days! Gained about 7 lbs. from the lockdown since I didn't lose my sense of taste or smell. I know its real and I think our bodies will find a way to deal with this. I just don't trust the shots just like I don't get the flu shots.
    Stay safe out there!
    First off I'm sorry to hear about your mother. I get on the internet almost every day on many sites trying to spread the word about vaccinations and wearing masks and social distancing and contract tracing as the main ways to fight off this pandemic. One person lost is too many and we need to do our part to stop these deaths caused by the virus. I hate it when people go on the internet and tell others that the vaccines don't work as that is not true. They work as designed but are not 100% effective and can't save everyone. But they save millions of lives and that is what they are designed to do. This delta variant is nasty and can infect more people quicker. The vaccines we have right now were not specifically designed for delta but they work anyway for 95% of the people. And Pfizer is making a new vaccine using mRNA technology to fight the Delta variant. Hopefully, they will get approval to use that new vaccine in the near future. Some people who have poor immune systems can't develop the proper amount of antibodies when they get infected and die. They also can't develop the proper amount of antibodies when they get vaccinated and therefore can still get infected, get very sick, and even die. This is why we are giving a booster shot to them to help them develop more immunity to this virus. Most healthy people with a working immune system develop antibodies within two weeks after they get their vaccine and develop even more antibodies after the second shot. And we are finding that in some people their immunity to the virus can wane after about 6 months and they may need a booster shot. Even those that had the Alpha variant earlier and got over the virus can get their immunity improved by a 9 fold amount by getting vaccinated.

When you think it's luck or not that is the problem. Know this. Delta has an R Naught of around 6 to 8 vs the Alpha variant which had an R Naught of around 2.2. This delta variant is spreading faster and faster and if you don't get vaccinated you are just killing yourself. R Naught numbers represent how many other people on average an infected person gives the virus to. The higher the R Naught number the more people you infect on average.

We wear seat belts and have air cushions that inflate when we collide our cars with something in order to protect us. Why not get vaccinated and wear a mask too while keeping your distance from others until this **** virus is gone.

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DJD;581464]
    I had the Flu several times through my life and I felt much worse then compared to when I had this virus.

I applaud your good fortune and sincerely hope you the best health in the future. You have beaten the odds so far.....So far....so good.
    Likes Moveon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

We wear seat belts and have air cushions that inflate when we collide our cars with something in order to protect us. Why not get vaccinated and wear a mask too while keeping your distance from others until this **** virus is gone.
    When I drive up the road, I wear the belt, have made sure the cars systems are ok, stay in my lane, and constantly watch the other driver in the hopes that if the other driver makes a mistake I can take actions to avoid injury to me or my vehicle. I don't drink and drive and don't drive under the influence of drugs with the exception of an occasional Motrin.

Seems like we have some folks that jump in the car, drive too fast, tailgate, forget the belt, and have no care what so ever for the other drivers on the road so long as they can drive however they feel their "freedom" allows them to. some of these folks are pulled over and ticketed for being irresponsible, because, let's face it, driving laws are there to insure public safety.

Freedom without responsibility for others is wreckless.

On the lighter side, I do think people do a better job of "social distancing" in the aisles of Walmart then they do on I-65, or I-71 near Louisville.

Post Thanks / Like
    First off I'm sorry to hear about your mother. I get on the internet almost every day on many sites trying to spread the word about vaccinations and wearing masks and social distancing and contract tracing as the main ways to fight off this pandemic. One person lost is too many and we need to do our part to stop these deaths caused by the virus. I hate it when people go on the internet and tell others that the vaccines don't work as that is not true. They work as designed but are not 100% effective and can't save everyone. But they save millions of lives and that is what they are designed to do. This delta variant is nasty and can infect more people quicker. The vaccines we have right now were not specifically designed for delta but they work anyway for 95% of the people. And Pfizer is making a new vaccine using mRNA technology to fight the Delta variant. Hopefully, they will get approval to use that new vaccine in the near future. Some people who have poor immune systems can't develop the proper amount of antibodies when they get infected and die. They also can't develop the proper amount of antibodies when they get vaccinated and therefore can still get infected, get very sick, and even die. This is why we are giving a booster shot to them to help them develop more immunity to this virus. Most healthy people with a working immune system develop antibodies within two weeks after they get their vaccine and develop even more antibodies after the second shot. And we are finding that in some people their immunity to the virus can wane after about 6 months and they may need a booster shot. Even those that had the Alpha variant earlier and got over the virus can get their immunity improved by a 9 fold amount by getting vaccinated.

When you think it's luck or not that is the problem. Know this. Delta has an R Naught of around 6 to 8 vs the Alpha variant which had an R Naught of around 2.2. This delta variant is spreading faster and faster and if you don't get vaccinated you are just killing yourself. R Naught numbers represent how many other people on average an infected person gives the virus to. The higher the R Naught number the more people you infect on average.

Man I’m sorry but I just don’t trust it. I was listening to a snippet from the cdc talking about the virus mutating in vaccinated people. They said they were concerned that this could be a problem and require more shots than the booster. Who knows? They seem to bring out new info all the time….I think they kinda tossed the cart before the horse on this one.
    I went to the doctor today for some sinus issues to get meds and they wanted to check me for COVID (even though I had no fever or any of the other innocent symptoms like headaches?) which I’m cool with. They said people with my symptoms that come in are 99% positive on the COVID test. i actually laughed and explained the questions about how you are feeling are so generic that everyone would be a suspect for COVID…..again I understand but it just seems wrong to me. I wasn’t positive and I was pretty certain I wasn’t because I had it in January but it bothers me at how I’m being grouped into this “problem” group because I choose not to get the shot.
    I told the doctor how it’s starting to feel pretty bad the way others look at unvaccinated people and she mentioned that’s why they put a rather not disclose tab on their questionnaire you fill out before going in. So I did have that choice.
    Playing devils advocate here…..let’s say we all find out the vaccinated people are the reason for this latest variant? That’s a theory out there now. What then? Will they be more susceptible to the new variant? Weaker immune system? Think people will double down and scream that it’s the unvaccinated still being the problem? I say scream because I had an older gentleman scream at me and even went and told on me at the YMCA for not being vaccinated. How did he know? I told him and maybe I should be more careful and just lie when asked? That leads to the passport thing….
    Like I said I just don’t trust something that bypassed all the normal procedures and is given as the vaccine when in reality it isn’t. It is now or at least one of the manufacturers are.
    I believe the mandates being imposed by some companies for their employees or maybe even the federal government will stop as more information is gained from the millions of vaccinated people. Stay safe people. I’ll do the mask and distancing and wqshing hands and all the other OCD crap I deal with. 😎

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ZoraSpook;581470]
    I had the Flu several times through my life and I felt much worse then compared to when I had this virus.

I applaud your good fortune and sincerely hope you the best health in the future. You have beaten the odds so far.....So far....so good.
    Thank you. I hope we all come through this!

Post Thanks / Like

You want to be like this guy?

Man I’m sorry but I just don’t trust it. I was listening to a snippet from the cdc talking about the virus mutating in vaccinated people. They said they were concerned that this could be a problem and require more shots than the booster. Who knows? They seem to bring out new info all the time….I think they kinda tossed the cart before the horse on this one.
    I went to the doctor today for some sinus issues to get meds and they wanted to check me for COVID (even though I had no fever or any of the other innocent symptoms like headaches?) which I’m cool with. They said people with my symptoms that come in are 99% positive on the COVID test. i actually laughed and explained the questions about how you are feeling are so generic that everyone would be a suspect for COVID…..again I understand but it just seems wrong to me. I wasn’t positive and I was pretty certain I wasn’t because I had it in January but it bothers me at how I’m being grouped into this “problem” group because I choose not to get the shot.
    I told the doctor how it’s starting to feel pretty bad the way others look at unvaccinated people and she mentioned that’s why they put a rather not disclose tab on their questionnaire you fill out before going in. So I did have that choice.
    Playing devil's advocate here…..let’s say we all find out the vaccinated people are the reason for this latest variant? That’s a theory out there now. What then? Will they be more susceptible to the new variant? Weaker immune system? Think people will double down and scream that it’s the unvaccinated still being the problem? I say scream because I had an older gentleman scream at me and even went and told on me at the YMCA for not being vaccinated. How did he know? I told him and maybe I should be more careful and just lie when asked? That leads to the passport thing….
    Like I said I just don’t trust something that bypassed all the normal procedures and is given as the vaccine when in reality it isn’t. It is now or at least one of the manufacturers are.
    I believe the mandates being imposed by some companies for their employees or maybe even the federal government will stop as more information is gained from the millions of vaccinated people. Stay safe people. I’ll do the mask and distancing and washing hands and all the other OCD crap I deal with. 
    First I'm sorry that you got the Covid and am glad that you recovered. You are aware that some people have long-term covid and we don't know how long that can last. I'm also glad that you tested negative this last time. You are lucky to have a well-developed immune system that works. But, remember that the immunity of people that got covid and recovered can be helped by taking the vaccine. That will improve your immunity against covid by a factor of 9. Why take the chance that the next mutated virus variant will break through your natural immunity to the covid Alpha variant? Like I posted in the past here 1/3 of people who recovered from Covid Alpha have long-term memory problems. Please think about this and go get vaccinated. You will not only protect your life but the life of those you meet and are surrounded by.

And lastly. It's the vast majority of unvaccinated people that are filling up the ICU and hospitals and morgues now with the Delta variant. The way this works is when people contract the virus and incubate it inside their bodies for several weeks the virus can mutate over time. The more people with covid the greater the opportunities for the virus to mutate. Remember that most mutations don't make the virus more infectious. But once in a while, a mutation will be advantageous for the virus to survive. So the longer this virus remains incubating in the human population the greater the chances of more mutations that make the virus more dangerous and infectious. You probably had the Alpha variant of the SARS CoV-2 virus. But now the Delta variant of SARS CoV-2 is the predominant one in the USA. Where I live the vast majority 80% to 90% of the patients in the hospital with SARS CoV-2 virus that causes Covid-19 are unvaccinated. So I feel that I must correct you. It's the unvaccinated people that are spreading the virus and dying by a very wide margin. Now you may hear about breakthrough infections of the vaccinated population. These are very small in numbers and we are finding that it occurs in patients that have compromised immune systems. The vaccine does not work with this very small number of people. This is why they claim that the virus is 95% effective and not 100%. But we should never ignore the fact that 95% of the people who get vaccinated are protected from the virus and hospitalization and death. Only 5% will not be fully protected and it's because they can't make antibodies against the virus when inoculated with the vaccine. But normal people with good working immune systems make antibodies that protect them from infection, hospital stays, and death with 95% efficacy.

Conservative Radio host Marc Bernies is fighting for his life in the ICU or maybe dead now.

And the testing of this vaccine which was done when Trump was President was speeded up by doing it in parallel with the development of the virus. They tested the vaccine on over 40,000 people and didn't skip any steps at all. And this mRNA vaccine does not stay inside the body long. It produces the spike-shaped proteins that mimic the spike protein on the actual virus but it's not the virus. The mRNA Particles never enter the cell nucleus. They enter the cell wall and use the ribosomes to make the spike proteins that are then attacked by the body's immune system. The body then makes antibodies that are primed to attack any real virus particles that enter the body thus stopping the infection. Infections spread to other people if the virual load expelled from the infected patient is ingested or inhales into an unvaccinated person who then has no antibodies to fight the virus and thus the virus infects that person. The virus infects the cells faster than the body can fight it and thus spreads and get the person sick. This is why the unvaccinated people spread the virus more and end up in the hosptial and morges more than people that got vaccinated. And the fact that you feel a little bit guilty is a good thing. Maybe it will prompt you to go get vaccinated.

I feel so glad that we have a vaccine that can help save lives and plan to get my booster shot as soon as it's made available to me. I have underlying conditions that make me more susceptible to this virus than others. So I can't afford to mess around with this thing. I got my first shot in Jan on my birthday. And I got the second shot one month later. I had to wait an extra week in between the first and second shot because we had a big ice storm and I could not get to the clinic right away.

Get vaccinated, wear a mask when out and about, and wash your hands often. Also, practice social distancing as much as possible. It's like making sure that your car's airbags are working properly, wearing a seat belt and driving under the speed limit, and making sure that you obey all the traffic laws to help save you from having an auto accident. We do the same thing every day with our cars. Why not do this to protect ourselves from this deadly virus. Over 640,000 Americans have died from Covid in the last year.

https://postimg.cc/LYp7N3H1

Post Thanks / Like
    New info is coming out all the time because we are dealing with a highly contagious, rapidly mutating killer virus and are in a situation that is unprecedented in our lifetimes. As far as the cart before the horse, everything begins and ends with the fact that extreme times call for extreme measures. Doesn't even matter if you have a cart if your horse is dead.

You absolutely are being grouped into the problem group because that is what the data tells them. Look at the hospitalization/case ratios comparing vaxxed/unvaxxed people. It's not personal.

Playing devils advocate here…..let’s say we all find out the vaccinated people are the reason for this latest variant? That’s a theory out there now. What then? Will they be more susceptible to the new variant? Weaker immune system? Think people will double down and scream that it’s the unvaccinated still being the problem?
    Delta variant was discovered in India in December. Vaccines didn't start until January.

Like I said I just don’t trust something that bypassed all the normal procedures and is given as the vaccine when in reality it isn’t.
    Just not accurate. There were clinical trials involving hundreds of thousands of people. Operation Warp Speed cut down the red tape and accelerated the process; it in no way bypassed the process.

Post Thanks / Like
    I seriously thought about not posting............

I have the RONA now......Now matter what the **** you believe, this **** is the worse freakin "flu" I have ever had.

And yea, I got the shot, thank god. I suspect without the shot I'd be dead.

I got the monoclonal Antibody therapy yesterday, and feel a little better.........

* Dizzy .....check
    * Tired.....check
    * Sore throat...check
    * Caughing....check
    * Cannot breathe......check
    * Fatigue...check....Hell I can barely walk up my freakin stairs......

Folks.........STFU, get your **** in order. Get a shot / don't get a shot, I don't give a ****, but don't say this **** is not real.

Done......and soapbox put back up.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    I seriously thought about not posting............

I have the RONA now......Now matter what the **** you believe, this **** is the worse freakin "flu" I have ever had.

And yea, I got the shot, thank god. I suspect without the shot I'd be dead.

I got the monoclonal Antibody therapy yesterday, and feel a little better.........

* Dizzy .....check
    * Tired.....check
    * Sore throat...check
    * Caughing....check
    * Cannot breathe......check
    * Fatigue...check....Hell I can barely walk up my freakin stairs......

Folks.........STFU, get your **** in order. Get a shot / don't get a shot, I don't give a ****, but don't say this **** is not real.

Done......and soapbox put back up.

Later,

Geo
    Oh, the worse part is I cannot taste or smell crap. Literally, I could CRAP myself and I'd not even know it.

Talk about sucking. AND if I had a gas leak in the house, I could not smell it.

I could eat a lemon right now without any issues. Hell I love IPA beers, and brought back some kick ass Double IPA's from New Glarus Brewing, and cannot even taste them.

THAT ***** ASS.