Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

CDC on Covid-19 breakthrough cases in older people

Most all breakthrough Covid-19 cases in fully vaccinated people are in people 65 or older.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/08/healt...ies/index.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    Most all breakthrough Covid-19 cases in fully vaccinated people are in people 65 or older.

I think that is ******** reporting.

12 people I know.........All vacinated.........ALL 12 got the ****, or had the ****. All under 65.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post

So I went back and read your post and your heading.

The problem is you imply all breakthrough cases, the majority are 65 or older. THAT is not the case.

The story says that of severe cases, 70% are 65 or older. IT does not address all breakthrough cases. ONLY those that result in a "serious" case.

This is the ******** junk reporting that has people pissed off.

Is it the reporting, or is it you selectively rewording the reporting. I don't know.

I do know tthis.............There are a CRAP TON of breakthrough cases, and that information is not being effectively reported.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post

The problem is you imply all breakthrough cases, the majority are 65 or older. THAT is not the case.

The story says that of severe cases, 70% are 65 or older. IT does not address all breakthrough cases. ONLY those that result in a "serious" case.

Is it the reporting, or is it you selectively rewording the reporting. I don't know.

I do know tthis.............There are a CRAP TON of breakthrough cases, and that information is not being effectively reported.

Later,

Geo
    Would we agree a break thru case with minor symptoms is indicative of vaccine reduced serious illness or death?

Today’s Ky Covid brief listed lots of hospitals at the breaking point and that may not be able to handle auto accident injuries, their normal medical emergencies. I got heart issues. So at this point where I live with a maxed out hospital there ya a chance if I have a med emergency, I can’t get seen because a person with less social responsibility and unvaccinated is unfortunately seriously Covid Sick and now has taken a bed that may have been available to save my life.

I wish all safety and good health and available medical emergency treatment. As a vet been deployed in defense of my country prepared to give it all for others. Others, in some cases that for refusal of a needle in the arm are now not returning the favor.

Every Americans rights stop where the other Americans rights start. I wish to sarcastically thank the unvaccinated that are now hospitalized for significantly impacting my ability to access medical care. Thanks a lot!
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

So you don't like my source?

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post

Later,

Geo
    Look the vaccines are made to prevent deaths and hospitalizations for the Alpha Variant of Covid-19 or SARS CoV-2 virus. The virus has mutated several times. Or maybe China is releasing new variants (my own speculation) as the Delta variant was first documented in India and China has troops fighting the India troops on their boarder. So maybe I'm speculating that China lab released a new variant to kill thousands of people in India. I do know that I first heard about the Delta variant of SARS CoV-2 in India where is was killing them by the thousands and they could not bury the bodies fast enough. I do remember telling myself that I hope it never gets to the USA. Well end of speculation on China and Covid19.

Now I do believe that most all breakthroughs are caused by people not having a good immune system. 70% is a majority and in the US Senate if you had 70% of the US Senators voting for something that would be a super majority and could over ride a filibuster. Yes that are a few anecdotal cases of younger people have break though cases. But the majority of people with an active immune system develop antibodies against SARS CoV2 when giving the vaccine in two doses. Moderna's vaccine has 100 micrograms of virus mRNA where the Pfizer vaccine only has 30 micrograms per ml of virus mRNA in it. So the Moderna vaccine gives a stronger dose and should produce a stronger immune response.

Geo when I'm replying to your comment I can't see my headline at this time. So I can't go back and check what I said. I have to either start up a new browser window and go look and then come back here to finish my comment or just take a pass on this part of your comment. I'll do the latter as I'm too tired to do that much work. I changed my mind and went back and looked at my headline. I said most all people. I didn't say all people. I think that 85% and 70% are most all people to me. How would you classify that? Notice that this time I put the percentages in my post. I didn't do that in the Headline of my first post as there is not enough room for that in a headline. Which is why I posted the link for you to read and get the percentages for yourself. Hey I don't wnat to work that hard! All I know is that breakthroughs are rare. 1 in 13,000 or 13,000 out of 73 million is a rare event when you look at the total numbers. You may know 12 people that had so called Breakthroughs, but there are MILLIONS of people getting vaccinated and 12 people out of 73 million is a very small percentage of the population who are fully vaccinated getting breakthrough cases. Are any of them on the ventilator because of covid19 right now? Do you think that any of them will die? I hope not. If not then the vaccine did it's job. The vaccine is not 100% effective at keeping you from getting infected but it does reduce the viral load and how many virus particle you shed. And if you wear a mask as suggested and keep 6 ft apart from others when inside or outside it will greatly lessen the chance of getting or spreading this virus.

Also I'm glad to see you are posting again and your feisty self again. That tells me that you are better and that is a good thing. Care to tell us who your friends are that you claim to have break though cases? I'd like to know why the got sick and what vaccines they took. You know that you have to wait 2 weeks after the second shot before full immunity kicks in and that is with a healthy working immune system. There are medicines that can weaken our immune systems and prevent the formations of SARS CoV-2 antibodies. And if you wear a mask and get vaccinated it lessens the chance of getting a bad infection. Especially if you also practice social distancing. The virus has to be in the air for you to breath in enough virus particles to overcome your immune systems antibodies so that the antibodies can attack and neutralize the virus particle before it can enter a cell and start multiplying. And if you have a good T Cell immune system it can attack the virus while it's inside the human cells before it can multiple too much and break out into the blood stream again.

There are degrees of infections and there are degree of immunity and each person is different. This is why we use data and statistics in public health decision and discussion.

I wrote this down on a 2"x 2" post it note for discussions like this one:

12,908 severe breakthroughs
    173,000,000 fully vaccinated people That is 173 million people
    1 in 13,000 chance of SEVERE breakthrough cases of Covid-19
    70%of breakthroughs resulting in hospitalization were adults 65 and older
    87% if breakthrough cases resulting in death were 65 years old or older according to the CDC.

Now I am guessing that you have recovered from Covid-19 now. Am I right? I can't remember if you said if you got vaccinated or not but I am betting you did. So what you had was a case of Covid-19 after getting fully vaccinated. Correct me if I am wrong. Yet you are still alive and not in the hospital I hope. The vaccine did what is was suppose to do. I don't know exactly how old you are our your health condition. I don't know if you have any underlying disease that may stop the immune system from working at full power. Only you and your doctor know the answer to that question.

But You do know that this virus is not a hoax and it's much worse than the flu. That reminds me, it's time to get my flu shot again. Dratts.

Post Thanks / Like

And some more pictures to explain it better.

[QUOTE=Moveon;581520]Look the vaccines are made to prevent deaths and hospitalizations for the Alpha Variant of Covid-19 or SARS CoV-2 virus. The virus has mutated several times. Or maybe China is releasing new variants (my own speculation) as the Delta variant was first documented in India and China has troops fighting the India troops on their boarder. So maybe I'm speculating that China lab released a new variant to kill thousands of people in India. I do know that I first heard about the Delta variant of SARS CoV-2 in India where is was killing them by the thousands and they could not bury the bodies fast enough. I do remember telling myself that I hope it never gets to the USA. Well end of speculation on China and Covid19.

Edited for brevity IE I clipped it out. Go back to my previous post if you want to see what I deleted here.

New pictures attached below: Note the one attachment is too small to read. But it's data from a local Hospital in Evansville that shows that not one vaccinated patient died while there fighting covid19. a few fully vaccinated people were in the ICU and recovered. This was posted by Deaconess Hospital. Dr. Porter is the main spokes person for this hospital and will tell you the same thing.