Search Fishin.com

Thread: What is it?

Post Thanks / Like

What is it?

IMG_20210916_115116_611.jpg (55.8 KB)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210916_115116_611.jpg 
Views:	415 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	20654  

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like a possible road / bridge. Don’t know what the zagged things are but if you catch fish on it I want the waypoint.
    Likes Wormin liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like the old road bed that meets the bridge on Cedar Creek. Or under Cedar I should say.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by luvtohunt View Post
    Looks like the old road bed that meets the bridge on Cedar Creek. Or under Cedar I should say.
    Yes this at cedar but out in front of the Sims ramp.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rustedhook View Post
    Looks like a possible road / bridge. Don’t know what the zagged things are but if you catch fish on it I want the waypoint.
    The day I first saw it I saw just a small corner, kept going over it untill I got in the center of it,Looks to be about 60' feet wide what ever it is? The thermacline (spelling) was around 18' so when the lake turns over we will check to see if it hold fish in the winter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Part of the old Boone Road the went through there. Not sure on the wavy stuff. Remind me of tailing piles from some kind of continuous miner. Possibly where they dumped the material they hauled when it was built.

Post Thanks / Like
    I Was also thinking they may have used dump trucks to move Boones road blacktop, but is awful symmetrical.

Post Thanks / Like
    I remember seeing a map of cedar right before it started filling with water. The map showed pictures of all the habitat that was added as fish attractors. This was several years ago and to the best of my memory the map had GPS quadrantes so you could find the cover. I have no idea where I saw the map but I would bet its somewhere in the KDFW website. I know they have a map of my local lake that has GPS locations of man made cover. I have actually typed in numbers to my GPS and found the cover. If you can find the map of Cedar that I saw several years ago you should be able to identify what's in the picture based off GPS numbers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by R19 View Post
    I remember seeing a map of cedar right before it started filling with water. The map showed pictures of all the habitat that was added as fish attractors. This was several years ago and to the best of my memory the map had GPS quadrantes so you could find the cover. I have no idea where I saw the map but I would bet its somewhere in the KDFW website. I know they have a map of my local lake that has GPS locations of man made cover. I have actually typed in numbers to my GPS and found the cover. If you can find the map of Cedar that I saw several years ago you should be able to identify what's in the picture based off GPS numbers.

https://fw.ky.gov/Fish/Pages/fish_attractor_lakes.aspx

The above link may help. Scroll down and click on Cedar Creek then click on the cover and it will display the GPS location number. On my GPS/graph I can type the number in and make an icon which helps find the cover. This is not the map I saw many years ago. That map actually showed pictures of what it looked like right before it started filling with water.

Post Thanks / Like

Stake bed

It looks like a stake bed if you compare that gps point to the kdfwr attractor map.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MLTSPCS View Post
    It looks like a stake bed if you compare that gps point to the kdfwr attractor map.
    If it is a stake bed It should be a heck of a crappie spot this winter. Lake has turned over and temps were 56 last week.