Search Fishin.com

Thread: world series?

Post Thanks / Like

world series?

is it true that when the national league wins the series, the economy suffers?
    if that's true, it seems we're already on the right track.

Post Thanks / Like

Just when I thought

Quote Originally Posted by dragmerc View Post
    is it true that when the national league wins the series, the economy suffers?
    if that's true, it seems we're already on the right track.
    that you were going to post something that we could talk about you interject politics into baseball. What is wrong with you.

BTW Go Braves.

Post Thanks / Like
    nothing to do with politics...i've always heard that...didn't know if it was true?
    i've been a Braves fan for 40+ years.
    i bought 24 fitted New Era Braves caps many years ago. still have a few left.

Post Thanks / Like

When you talk about the economy

nothing to do with politics...i've always heard that...didn't know if it was true?
    i've been a Braves fan for 40+ years.
    i bought 24 fitted New Era Braves caps many years ago. still have a few left.
    It's politics. A bad economy is always used to gain political favor with the party out of power.

Good for you in that you own a lot of Braves hat.

I don't follow baseball that much as it's too slow for me to watch unless I drink a lot of beer and want to sit on my a&& for a few hours. But I don't drink beer anymore. I prefer bourbon instead and I don't drink when I go out anymore. Anyway. I do like to watch the World Series in Baseball and the NHL Playoffs. I don't follow Pro Basketball that much. I do follow college football and basketball. I think that they try harder to win for the sport of it and not for the money. Money corrupts sports IMHO. I did catch parts of the Baseball World Series this year. Mostly the seventh inning stretches and the end of the games. My duck hunting buddy was a big Atlanta Braves Fan for some reason. His older brother and other neighbor kids and I use to play organized baseball. I preferred playing Football, Basketball, and Ice Hockey.

Once when driving though Atlanta GA in our car pulling a popup camper we noticed that everyone on the freeway was hanging out the window doing the Tomahawk chop. I didn't know what they were doing as I didn't follow baseball on TV. I later learned what the tomahawk chop was and why they were doing it. Heck I didn't even know that the World Series was being played that day. It didn't take me long to figure it out though. But for a few minutes I thought that every other driver in Atlanta GA was nuts.

Post Thanks / Like
    i don't drink either. hate liquor.
    i played baseball from 6 years old all the way through high school.
    pitched most of the time.
    my shoulder feels like it's full of rocks now.
    baseball can be boring if you've never played and don't realize all the little things that go on.
    announcers make a big difference.
    my favorites were Dizzy Dean and PeeWee Reece.
    they could make a slow game good.
    Smoltz did a good job during series because he could point out the little things.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw Dizzy pitch one time

i don't drink either. hate liquor.
    i played baseball from 6 years old all the way through high school.
    pitched most of the time.
    my shoulder feels like it's full of rocks now.
    baseball can be boring if you've never played and don't realize all the little things that go on.
    announcers make a big difference.
    my favorites were Dizzy Dean and PeeWee Reece.
    they could make a slow game good.
    Smoltz did a good job during series because he could point out the little things.

Yes the play-by-play announcers can make a difference.

Went to Louisville, KY to visit my aunt. My uncle by marriage took me and my older cousin to the ballpark to watch Dizzy Pitch. That must have been back in the late 1950's or early 1960's. I was old enough to have heard about Dizzy. That was the only part of the game that got me excited. My cousin was a pitcher in HS and college and had a wicked curve ball even when he was in HS. I used to play pitch and catch with him and his curve ball really had some movement to it. I was a pitcher in civic league. I also played First Base or third base. Sometimes I would play shortstop. Never played much in the outfield. I got tired of the heat and dust when playing baseball. I was a swimmer ever since I was a young boy. I could swim on the surface when I was only 3 years old. I grew up around the water. Dad was a lifeguard when he was younger, so we went to the lake to swim and recreate all the time. I found that it was a lot more fun to be in and around the lake that out on the baseball field watching hornets dig holes in the dirt. So I stopped playing Baseball when all the kids in my neighborhood got older and went our separate ways. I think one of the kid's played baseball on the HS team. He was the one that was a fan of the Braves. I ended up hanging around the swimming pool and learning to do trick dives off the high dive. I got more adrenaline doing double gainers off the high dive that standing around on the diamond eating dust. I ended up taking lifeguard training and working as a lifeguard for about 9 years or so. I also trained to be a Water Safety instructor. Then I got into scuba diving and spent more time under the water than above. The world under water was much more exciting than above. I loved to watch the fish while scuba diving and learning how they act while under water. But I only could stay underwater for less than an hour each day. And I affected the fish's behavior, so I didn't really get to see them doing their thing without me affecting their behavior.

Once while diving at Cerulean Springs, I watched some 5 lb. LM Bass swimming in and out of a building that was flooded and in the bottom of a rock quarry. That was pretty cool. I was able to swim down the stairway in the building and in and out the windows of the building while watching the LM bass do the same thing.

And at the swimming pool there was a lot more girls in tiny swimsuits than at the ballpark. That had its advantages too. Maybe that was why I quit going to the ball field.