Search Fishin.com

Thread: bmi

Post Thanks / Like

bmi

just back from doc.
    my bmi is 26.
    is that good or bad?

Post Thanks / Like
    Enter your height and weight and it will give you your BMI and also list what is under weight, normal, overweight, obese.

https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/edu...MI/bmicalc.htm

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by R19 View Post
    Enter your height and weight and it will give you your BMI and also list what is under weight, normal, overweight, obese.

https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/edu...MI/bmicalc.htm
    BMI is a funny almost comical metric. I'm obese based on the input requirements. I am far far far from obese. During my annual physical even my doc tells me well that part can be ignored
    I think most men know blood and urine work along with what you weight with considerations for muscle mass is what's important.
    When i joined a gym many years ago they did the BMI portion of the application to help with overweight people and their progress of weight loss. I can see that being a good "sales" approach. We saw no need for me to do that. The crossfit place I'm at now had a machine that scanned your body when you were down to your undergarments and that gave you some interesting data and images. The women hated it...it was done behind closed doors but to see your image on a screen is tough for anyone but especially women.

Post Thanks / Like
    My wife says I have a problem with DMI. I just can’t find a nurse that specializes in physical therapy of that nature. So I been searching and reviewing websites that demonstrate self therapy techniques that don’t require power sources.