Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Sadieville,Ky
    Posts
    191
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cumberland Stripers ?

    Anyone have any information on the striper fishing.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Sadieville,Ky
    Posts
    191
    Post Thanks / Like

    Lake

    Managed to catch 1 about 10 lbs on shiners, another pulldown and that was it, fished thru the rain on main body creek arms. Not great but still better than sitting at home.
    Likes Wormin liked this post

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Junction City Ky
    Posts
    1,185
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you don't mind what was the water temperature?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Sadieville,Ky
    Posts
    191
    Post Thanks / Like

    water temp

    main lake 60, in back of creeks 59
    Likes Wormin liked this post

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    .
    Posts
    136
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kstonich View Post
    Managed to catch 1 about 10 lbs on shiners, another pulldown and that was it, fished thru the rain on main body creek arms. Not great but still better than sitting at home.
    Thanks for the info. We hope to make it down soon. How deep did you catch the one?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Sadieville,Ky
    Posts
    191
    Post Thanks / Like
    40ft on down rod. It's stomach was full of 2" shad. I was planning on coming down this weekend instead I'm at the airport heading to Texas for 12 days. 3 more years till I retire then I get my life back. Post how you do.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    .
    Posts
    136
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kstonich View Post
    40ft on down rod. It's stomach was full of 2" shad. I was planning on coming down this weekend instead I'm at the airport heading to Texas for 12 days. 3 more years till I retire then I get my life back. Post how you do.
    Thanks. Enjoy the last 3 years of working and then enjoy retirement even more. I highly recommend it.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bellevue Kentucky
    Posts
    571
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im retiring in 3 years also cant wait to fish during the week not on crowded lakes
    Likes thunderstorm liked this post

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Junction City Ky
    Posts
    1,185
    Post Thanks / Like
    I retired in April and love the weekday fishing, was here this past Tuesday fishing up in West fork of Indian creek saw lots of bait and several fish busting the surface. Water temps were 56 on the main lake and 54 in the creek arm.
    Likes thunderstorm, fishincreek liked this post

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    201
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dam end yesterday. 54F clear with 6 to 8 visibility. Windy no shad on top. Saw single striper jumps 1st hr of light off pts and in mouths of cuts left of Indian entrance. bait balls were 30 to 40 ft deep there. No striper jumps the rest of day spent in indian. bait balls 5 to 10 ft deep in back 25% of secondary creeks. never really graphed any stripers. Caveat I was mainly bass fishing. Used A rig quite a bit though.
    Likes Wormin liked this post

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Sadieville,Ky
    Posts
    191
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the update. I'm going tomorrow.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Junction City Ky
    Posts
    1,185
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacklebag23 View Post
    Dam end yesterday. 54F clear with 6 to 8 visibility. Windy no shad on top. Saw single striper jumps 1st hr of light off pts and in mouths of cuts left of Indian entrance. bait balls were 30 to 40 ft deep there. No striper jumps the rest of day spent in indian. bait balls 5 to 10 ft deep in back 25% of secondary creeks. never really graphed any stripers. Caveat I was mainly bass fishing. Used A rig quite a bit though.
    Was there also and noted the same as you reported. Every cut I went in to had fish stacked top to bottom. Could not get them to hit .

Similar Threads

  1. Cumberland stripers
    By Billbeagle in forum Kentucky Discussion Board
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-16-2016, 12:59 PM
  2. Cumberland stripers
    By Buchy1210 in forum Kentucky Discussion Board
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-15-2015, 11:30 AM
  3. stripers at cumberland
    By cobra in forum Kentucky Discussion Board
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-27-2011, 09:48 AM
  4. Cumberland stripers?
    By Tom523 in forum Kentucky Discussion Board
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 04-16-2007, 06:22 PM
  5. Cumberland stripers
    By SSKY in forum Kentucky Discussion Board
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-02-2006, 05:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •