Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Herrington Boat Ramps

I’ve never been on Herrington but have heard that the ramps have expensive launch fees and aren’t in the best condition. Could you all give me your opinions on which ramps would be the best to launch a bass boat and how much they charge?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dabassking View Post
    I’ve never been on Herrington but have heard that the ramps have expensive launch fees and aren’t in the best condition. Could you all give me your opinions on which ramps would be the best to launch a bass boat and how much they charge?
    I only know about a couple of ramp's fees : Herington Marina ramp - $20 Chimney Rock ramp - $15 .... but I'm sure most of the others are much the same. And yes, you are correct that it is "expensive" and not all ramps are in the "best condition". Considering the current level of 725.8 .... I'd be calling to see if it's even possible to launch/retrieve a boat at this time. 725 is supposedly Winter Pool, but I have seen Chimney Rock ramp have a wooden platform attached to the end of the ramp to facilitate launching ... because the ramp ends on a cliff drop.
    On another note ... Chimney Rock Marina's website says they're "Closed for the Season". Not sure if that means launching is free, or even if launching is even possible.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Chimney rock $15. Slanted some side to side. For me and my 17.5' stratos. Its not easy getting it on straight unless I crank it on the last 5ft or so.

Pandora $15 they have a 2nd ramp 90 degrees to the end of the regular one for when water is low. Not perfect but i like better than Chimney Rock.

I launch at Chowning on Taylorsville and Cumberland at dam and my boat goes on straight every time

With no wake zones. if Im headed to dam end go out of Chimney if going up lake then Pandora.

Both have drop boxes for launch Fee