Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: inflation

Post Thanks / Like
    no Geo I don't think that's what you are implying. my point is this....
    I 100%agree inflation is REAL and could become painful if the trajectory continues.
    But...and a big but..the effects of catastrophic inflation are hard to see by people's activities. I mean if you try to build a new home you are put on a waiting list that seems never ending. New boat? good luck, again a huge waiting list.
    Try to get a full time slip at Jamestown marina and you would be lucky to even get on the waiting list. And this is in spite of a substantial annual rate increase.
    the point being I think we (consumers) are being fleeced on a lot of goods and services. Under the covid umbrella many justified increased prices due to increased cost. many of those costs have been controlled but the retail price remains high for no other reason than "just because ".
    And like you I don't have any answers, that's supposedly what we pay our "leaders" to resolve.
    At Thanksgiving I was lamenting the high gas prices with my son. A relative bluntly told me "stfu nobody's forcing you to buy it".
    I quickly answered "I can't make a living if I can't drive".
    He smiled and said "you're correct...and big oil and the government know that"
    so we are approving our situation by continuing to invest in that situation.
    Later
    Stripernut
    Likes Devils Horse liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    Devil Said:

The longer we continue to hole up and backlog due to Covid, the worse the economy will get. Yes it is real, yes it is serious, but we cannot continue to hunker down and operate at less than half capacity. Ky's Uncle Andy would disagree, but there it is.

I wanted to respond to this by itself. What do you think we should do to control covid and get the economy back going?

The Chinese locked down and entire city of 11 million people to get rid of Covid in Wuhan where it all started. They did that for a month and then were able to open the city back up. I don't know if that worked or not but it was one way to do in in a dictatorship communist country.

Now my idea and what I propose it to use the defense authorization act to make new vaccines that work with the new variants. The Army is doing that research right now. They are testing a vaccine for covid that works with all the different variants. I don't knows how they are doing that but it's a good start. We need to get a vaccine that prevents infection and use it on everybody fast. Thanks to the stupid Supreme Court 6 conservatives that won't happen so we will continue to have covid spreading unless everyone starts getting fully vaccinated.

Then we need to make billions of N95 type masks and start using them. Again, Biden could use the defense authorization act to force more companies to make these types of masks. They were not pushed before because the health care workers needed them. But we should have enough of them now for everyone to use. Other than a PAPR or a full-face respirator they are the next best type of mask. But even wearing paper and cloth masks is better than wearing nothing at all.

We need to keep people farther away from each other so the virus can't spread from one person to another. I read that they did some new testing with omicron and found that if the aerosols dry out the virus dies and can't replicate itself. Lower humidity helps dry out the virus and kill it. The viability of a virus goes down 50% in 20 minutes in a dry humidity environment. The study suspended the virus in a chamber with magnetic forces and then controlled the amount of uv light, humidity and temperature in the chamber and then grabbed samples of the virus out of the air and tested it in a lab to find out if it was still viable. They found that after 20 minutes its viability dropped by over 50%. So if we separate from each other and keep our distance the virus will not be as transmissible.

Then we need to clean up and disinfect.

Now these are reasonable and could be done but certain people don't think that they will follow these simple rules. And that is why the virus continues to spread and mutate. If we don't all follow these simple rules then the virus wins.
    You, sir are delusional, and your mindset is downright scary. If this is where the left is, things are far far worse than I thought.

Post Thanks / Like

You are the delusional one not me.

Quote Originally Posted by Devils Horse View Post
    You, sir are delusional, and your mindset is downright scary. If this is where the left is, things are far far worse than I thought.
    The Right wing extremist like you are comparable to Hitler in Nazi Germany.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Right wing extremist like you are comparable to Hitler in Nazi Germany.
    A good thing to remember when you're tempted to compare someone to Hitler: it makes you look dumb.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Devil Said:

The longer we continue to hole up and backlog due to Covid, the worse the economy will get. Yes it is real, yes it is serious, but we cannot continue to hunker down and operate at less than half capacity. Ky's Uncle Andy would disagree, but there it is.

I wanted to respond to this by itself. What do you think we should do to control covid and get the economy back going?

The Chinese locked down and entire city of 11 million people to get rid of Covid in Wuhan where it all started. They did that for a month and then were able to open the city back up. I don't know if that worked or not but it was one way to do in in a dictatorship communist country.

Now my idea and what I propose it to use the defense authorization act to make new vaccines that work with the new variants. The Army is doing that research right now. They are testing a vaccine for covid that works with all the different variants. I don't knows how they are doing that but it's a good start. We need to get a vaccine that prevents infection and use it on everybody fast. Thanks to the stupid Supreme Court 6 conservatives that won't happen so we will continue to have covid spreading unless everyone starts getting fully vaccinated.

Then we need to make billions of N95 type masks and start using them. Again, Biden could use the defense authorization act to force more companies to make these types of masks. They were not pushed before because the health care workers needed them. But we should have enough of them now for everyone to use. Other than a PAPR or a full-face respirator they are the next best type of mask. But even wearing paper and cloth masks is better than wearing nothing at all.

We need to keep people farther away from each other so the virus can't spread from one person to another. I read that they did some new testing with omicron and found that if the aerosols dry out the virus dies and can't replicate itself. Lower humidity helps dry out the virus and kill it. The viability of a virus goes down 50% in 20 minutes in a dry humidity environment. The study suspended the virus in a chamber with magnetic forces and then controlled the amount of uv light, humidity and temperature in the chamber and then grabbed samples of the virus out of the air and tested it in a lab to find out if it was still viable. They found that after 20 minutes its viability dropped by over 50%. So if we separate from each other and keep our distance the virus will not be as transmissible.

Then we need to clean up and disinfect.

Now these are reasonable and could be done but certain people don't think that they will follow these simple rules. And that is why the virus continues to spread and mutate. If we don't all follow these simple rules then the virus wins.
    Reasonable? What? 6 Stupid Conservatives SCOTUS members? Because they disagree with you they are stupid? Because they chose to stop and put the feds in check for a little while and not agree to abuse people they are stupid? You are a salty old man that's for sure. Getting vaccinated does not stop the spread of covid....period. its proven over and over again with people getting covid even after they have had all their shots. The actual data is starting to come out and fear mongering like your doing isn't the best way. Aside from that.....

You honestly believe we can contain this virus? Have we eradicated the flu? How long have they worked on containing that? We will just add this virus to the list of others that people get. Eventually it will weaken or our bodies will build immunity the best it can. As far as getting a vaccine that works with any variant? Nope! Not possible. Who can predict the future? The interaction this virus has with other diseases and how it may mutate is unknown.

At what point will you realize that regardless of political beliefs people will do what they want. Who can regulate keeping men and women apart? Children? Friends? Families? Add decision altering drugs alcohol or other substances that already have some people not following laws and now they have to stay apart? Nope! Never going to work. Same with everyone wearing masks and for the same reasons people will not comply 100% and it has nothing to do with politics.

The virus is here to stay and humans will have to adapt....period.
    Vaccines will help some and improve as they get better at studying this but we are years away from some real solid data on what we have done to people with this shotgun approach of this initial vaccine. So far the target changes all the time and no one has been right on what to do. A bunch of ideas from politicians and so called sound science that we cant question? That's not science that's abuse.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DJD;582609] Getting vaccinated does not stop the spread of covid....period. its proven over and over again with people getting covid even after they have had all their shots.

Thought: Source to track the progress there. No the vaccine does not 100% stop it, it's just one more tool to "try" to reduce it or reduce the negative personal effects. If I don't have a big pump to get the water out of the boat I can atleast use the bucket that IS available to me. https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...vaccine-status

You honestly believe we can contain this virus?
    Thought: Contain? NO. But we can act prudently to try to reduce 'FACILITATING" it's spread by acting responsibly.

At what point will you realize that regardless of political beliefs people will do what they want.
    Thought: Agreed, politics need be set aside. We all need stop doing medical things for political reasons. We need do medical things for medical and scinetific reasons. I'm not going to mow the lawn because Biden or Trump told me to. I'm going to mow the grass because the GRASS told me to.

The virus is here to stay and humans will have to adapt....period.
    Thought: Initially, we all did, and things got better, than some strayed, and it got worse. Self inflicted wounds still hurt as much as those you can't control.

Vaccines will help some and improve as they get better at studying this but we are years away from some real solid data on what we have done to people with this shotgun approach of this initial vaccine.
    Thought:try. Years from now do we want to list the things we failed to do, or would you prefer to list the things we did in full recognition that some were more benficial than others? I'd rather try and fail, then fail to try.

FINAL THOUGHT: Yes you can put a fire out by pouring gas on it. The gas makes the fire hot enough that it burns everything that could possibly be consumed. When all consumables are exhausted, the fire will go out.

Post Thanks / Like

What makes me wonder, is while this virus is going "bat-shirt" crazy, we still have massed football crowds, massed indoor expositions like the builders show, massed political events, and folks running around acting like the virus is no longer around.

Patient: "Doctor, when I put my finger in my eye like this, it hurts bad"
    Doctor: "Then stop putting your finger in your eye"
    Patient: "You can't tell me what to do".
    Doctor: "Then why did you seek my advice?"
    Patient: "Because I want you to tell me how to stop this and not tell me what to do".
    Doctor: "I'm going to refer you for a psych evaluation, and after that, we can meet and try this again"
    Patient: "See, there you go again, telling me what to do".

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ZoraSpook;582611]What makes me wonder, is while this virus is going "bat-shirt" crazy, we still have massed football crowds, massed indoor expositions like the builders show, massed political events, and folks running around acting like the virus is no longer around.

Patient: "Doctor, when I put my finger in my eye like this, it hurts bad"
    Doctor: "Then stop putting your finger in your eye"
    Patient: "You can't tell me what to do".
    Doctor: "Then why did you seek my advice?"
    Patient: "Because I want you to tell me how to stop this and not tell me what to do".
    Doctor: "I'm going to refer you for a psych evaluation, and after that, we can meet and try this again"
    Patient: "See, there you go again, telling me what to do".[/QUOT

Doctor: You've got to get a battery of shots, stop living life, and stay in your house so you won't get Covid
    Patient: But you've been saying that same thing for more than a year, and more people than ever have it.
    Doctor: Yes, and people like you are the reason.
    Patient: But people who have listened to you, and followed your advice and are still getting it. Isn't Covid a lot like the flu, a constantly mutating virus that science has never stopped? I don't want to live in fear and isolation.
    Doctor: You're irrational.

Post Thanks / Like
    Patient: But people who have listened to you, and followed your advice and are still getting it. Isn't Covid a lot like the flu, a constantly mutating virus that science has never stopped? I don't want to live in fear and isolation.
    Doctor: You're irrational.
    Vaccines don't keep you from getting sick, they keep you from dying. And, yes, COVID and influenza are both viruses but one is infinitely more deadly.

The goal in the health community has never been the impossible goal of eradicating it, it's been to mitigate its risks, the primary one of which being dying.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jcb View Post
    Vaccines don't keep you from getting sick, they keep you from dying. And, yes, COVID and influenza are both viruses but one is infinitely more deadly.

The goal in the health community has never been the impossible goal of eradicating it, it's been to mitigate its risks, the primary one of which being dying.
    The goal posts of the CDC and the WHO and the Biden Administration have changed, so much who knows what the end game is.

And YES, they all are on record talking about vaccines and eradicating COVID. NOT one says anything about controlling it.....

Sorry.
    Likes Devils Horse liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    The goal posts of the CDC and the WHO and the Biden Administration have changed, so much who knows what the end game is.

And YES, they all are on record talking about vaccines and eradicating COVID. NOT one says anything about controlling it.....

Sorry.
    I'd be super interested to see that statement they all made. I can't find it, though.

My search results for "fauci claims eradicate covid" yields exactly the opposite.

https://www.google.com/search?q=fauc...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jcb View Post

I beg to differ. Definition of vaccine:
    a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several diseases, prepared from the causative agent of a disease, its products, or a synthetic substitute, treated to act as an antigen without inducing the disease.

You are wrong about what vaccines are, and they need to call the battery of Covid shots something besides a vaccine.

The goal of the medical community depends on who you listen to. Since the devil virus showed up, much like the virus itself the goal has mutated.

I'd also argue that Covid is not 'infinitely' more deadly, there have been quite deadly flu strains. Too lazy to research it, but it's pretty likely no 'vaccine', or countrywide shutdown, or government checks stopped them.