Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rona 2.0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Devils Horse View Post
    Could not disagree more.

There is no control of the government...that's the problem, and I don't understand why people can't see that.

Seat belts are a perfect example. When those laws were instituted they said a seat belt infraction was not intended to be a stand alone offense, you'd only get a ticket if you were pulled over for something else. Now you can indeed get pulled over for just a seat belt, and there are government sponsored click it or ticket billboards.

Not saying seat belts are not right, just demonstrating what the government says, and what they eventually do are very different things. There's a reason the term 'slippery slope' exists.
    Amen.

Look at forfeiture laws. Probably enacted with good intentions. Now they're just a money grab and the laws allow private property to be snatched away for stupid, minor offenses.
    Likes Devils Horse liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jcb View Post
    Amen.

Look at forfeiture laws. Probably enacted with good intentions. Now they're just a money grab and the laws allow private property to be snatched away for stupid, minor offenses.
    Imminent domain laws have been co-opted the same way. The list of laws that are in are in complete opposition of the intent of the constitution is long..and growing. Long as people are willing to sacrifice their freedom for 'the common good' it will continue to do so.

That said, life is still pretty good here in Bidenzuela.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Devils Horse View Post
    Could not disagree more.

There is no control of the government...that's the problem, and I don't understand why people can't see that.

Seat belts are a perfect example. When those laws were instituted they said a seat belt infraction was not intended to be a stand alone offense, you'd only get a ticket if you were pulled over for something else. Now you can indeed get pulled over for just a seat belt, and there are government sponsored click it or ticket billboards.

Not saying seat belts are not right, just demonstrating what the government says, and what they eventually do are very different things. There's a reason the term 'slippery slope' exists.
    I would venture to say the click it or ticket stuff is all about money. Sure a federal program about seatbelt safety, but also a **** ton of poor jurisdictions having a cheap and easy flow of funds. It is EASY to see someone without a seatbelt and issue seatbelt citation.

I can see seatbelt traps along the highways

Post Thanks / Like

Seat belt and helmet laws

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    I would venture to say the click it or ticket stuff is all about money. Sure a federal program about seatbelt safety, but also a **** ton of poor jurisdictions having a cheap and easy flow of funds. It is EASY to see someone without a seatbelt and issue seatbelt citation.

I can see seatbelt traps along the highways
    They are all to help the insurance companies avoid having to pay out big monies to stupid people that ride bikes without helmets and who won't wear a seat belt and then end up going to the hospital with injuries that could have been avoided.

The thing is about seat belt and helmet laws if if they fail to wear a seat belt it won't harm me. And if they fail to wear a helmet it's no skin off my ass.

Now if they fail to get vaccinated, they end up taking up resources in massive numbers in the hospitals and the contaminate my groceries in the store when they fail to get vaccinated and don't wear a mask and then get infected and go shopping for groceries in my store.

I don't think that big government should tell people to wear a seat belt or to wear a helmet. But I do think that the government should force people to wear a mask when inside a public place for sure. Covid is a communicable disease that has already killed more than 840,000 Americans in the last two years. There is a huge difference when it comes to communicable diseases that kill thousands of people in just one country.