Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rona 2.0

Post Thanks / Like

Rona 2.0

Ok so I am fully vaxxed, and some might remember last winter the Rona kicked me right in the face. Some of the long haul effects are still hanging around, brain fog for example I really struggle with people's names, life long friends associates, neighbors etc.
    Also my lungs never recovered to the point where they were before I had covid but I'm still active.
    A couple days before Christmas I had to cancel a duck hunt as I just felt like krap. You guessed it, I tested positive on Christmas eve.
    It was mild and over in a few days.
    Now, I don't have an agenda here , I promise you I couldn't give a pile if you get vaxxed or not, wear a mask don't wear a mask, stay inside or go to a UK basketball game...you do you I will do me.
    But I am "cautious" (NOT SCARED) and I try to be "smart" with staying safe. I try to remain aware of the fact that I am a diabetic and the first round was a lot more trouble than I anticipated. I've lost 2 close family members to this stuff (they died FROM complications directly attributed to Covid). So I keep that on my mind as well.
    And we all know by now the vaccine doesn't prevent you from contracting or spreading this virus.
    Masks are better than nothing but they also are not 100% in preventing the spread.
    I think the term "vaccine" is grossly misused in this realm.
    The term "vaccine" leads one to believe they are now immune and can go about life as usual. This gives a false and dangerous sense of security.
    Instead I tend to think of the Covid "vaccine" as a severity of symptom mitigation serum.
    You might still contract whatever flavor of the month covid is going around but the "vaccine" may help lessen the damage it causes you. in turn helping you recover quicker.
    These are just some thoughts from a covid "super veteran" lol.
    You might agree, you might feel like you need to roll your eyes.
    like I said before, I don't GAF what you think, you do you I will do me.
    Later
    Stripernut1
    Likes kstonich, Devils Horse liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stripernut1 View Post
    Ok so I am fully vaxxed, and some might remember last winter the Rona kicked me right in the face. Some of the long haul effects are still hanging around, brain fog for example I really struggle with people's names, life long friends associates, neighbors etc.
    Also my lungs never recovered to the point where they were before I had covid but I'm still active.
    A couple days before Christmas I had to cancel a duck hunt as I just felt like krap. You guessed it, I tested positive on Christmas eve.
    Now, I don't have an agenda here , I promise you I couldn't give a pile if you get vaxxed or not, wear a mask don't wear a mask, stay inside or go to a UK basketball game...you do you I will do me.
    But I am "cautious" (NOT SCARED) and I try to be "smart" with staying safe. I try to remain aware of the fact that I am a diabetic and the first round was a lot more trouble than I anticipated. I've lost 2 close family members to this stuff (they died FROM complications directly attributed to Covid). So I keep that on my mind as well.
    And we all know by now the vaccine doesn't prevent you from contracting or spreading this virus.
    Masks are better than nothing but they also are not 100% in preventing the spread.
    The term "vaccine" leads one to believe they are now immune and can go about life as usual. This gives a false and dangerous sense of security.
    Instead I tend to think of the Covid "vaccine" as a severity of symptom mitigation serum.
    You might still contract whatever flavor of the month covid is going around but the "vaccine" may help lessen the damage it causes you. in turn helping you recover quicker.
    Later
    Stripernut1
    Sir, if Covid did cause you brain fog, it surely does not present itself in the clarity of your writing.

I think of the vaccine like the bilge pump in my boat. It may or may not keep me from sinking, but it atleast increases my odds. And, similarly, that same thought process causes me to carry a first aid kit, and a fire extinguisher. I sincerely hope I don't every need to use any of them, but I bought them, so there it is.

To some, I guess i'll be criticised because I have both a blige pump and a fire extinguisher. Surely they will think I should let the water flood my boat so that it can not catch fire. Those are the ones, I leave at the dock.
    Likes GeoFisher, Moveon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    1). I'm glad you're doing better, sorry about the BRAIN fog .
    2). I'm glad rona 2.0 didn't totally screw you up.

3). I don't give to RIPS about what people think. I got vaccinated, and the booster, and will continue to do so.

I have always said, I don't like mandates, and I don't like government over reach with this bull sheite......it is a personal choice.

I made MY PERSONAL choice, and I'm happy with it.

Glad you're doing ok, StriperNut.

Later,

Geo
    Likes jcb, LJP liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    i think more people would have gotten the jab without mandates.

Post Thanks / Like

I wish you were right

Quote Originally Posted by dragmerc View Post
    Me too.

If everyone got the vaccine we would have a lot more data about how the vaccines work and know much more about this virus and maybe be able to defeat it.

It may end up being like the flu in that it mutates so fast that we will have to have a new vaccine every year. I have to get a flu shot every year so why not get a combo flu/covid shot every year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good thought.

Let's reverse that as a thought:

IF EVERYONE GOT THE JAB, there would have been no MANDATES.

I don't like too much govt control, but I think of selbelts the same way. If folks for the most part wore them to reduce injury and related medical costs and related medical staff requirements, then there probably would be no state motor code laws that said you have to wear one.

sometimes, I think it is right for our govt to take better care of us then we are of ourselves. Another example is outlawing drugs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stripernut1 View Post
    Later
    Stripernut1
    Well said.

Post Thanks / Like
    just lost a 70 year old schoolmate yesterday.
    he was fully jabbed and still got the GOF virus.
    he recovered from the virus and was doing ok when his heart quit.
    he had no history of heart disease nor anyone in his family.
    he wasn't overweight, didn't smoke, drink, or any other risky things.
    he was physically active every day and very healthy.
    the more i investigate, the less i trust our government and big pharma.
    almost lost another friend to blood clots from the jab.
    i will never let them experiment on my body with their unproven stuff.
    good luck to everyone that already had the jab.

Post Thanks / Like
    just lost a 70 year old schoolmate yesterday.
    he was fully jabbed and still got the GOF virus.
    he recovered from the virus and was doing ok when his heart quit.
    he had no history of heart disease nor anyone in his family.
    he wasn't overweight, didn't smoke, drink, or any other risky things.
    he was physically active every day and very healthy.
    the more i investigate, the less i trust our government and big pharma.
    almost lost another friend to blood clots from the jab.
    i will never let them experiment on my body with their unproven stuff.
    good luck to everyone that already had the jab.
    There definitely are risks and side effects, just like with every and ALL vaccines.

it will be interesting how the data shows for this........

And for the record, lots of 70 yr old people just "die". They are 70 years old.

Sorry about your friend .

Later,

Geo
    Likes Moveon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoraSpook View Post
    Good thought.

Let's reverse that as a thought:

IF EVERYONE GOT THE JAB, there would have been no MANDATES.

I don't like too much govt control, but I think of selbelts the same way. If folks for the most part wore them to reduce injury and related medical costs and related medical staff requirements, then there probably would be no state motor code laws that said you have to wear one.

sometimes, I think it is right for our govt to take better care of us then we are of ourselves. Another example is outlawing drugs.
    Could not disagree more.

There is no control of the government...that's the problem, and I don't understand why people can't see that.

Seat belts are a perfect example. When those laws were instituted they said a seat belt infraction was not intended to be a stand alone offense, you'd only get a ticket if you were pulled over for something else. Now you can indeed get pulled over for just a seat belt, and there are government sponsored click it or ticket billboards.

Not saying seat belts are not right, just demonstrating what the government says, and what they eventually do are very different things. There's a reason the term 'slippery slope' exists.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Devils Horse View Post
    Could not disagree more.

There is no control of the government...that's the problem, and I don't understand why people can't see that.

Seat belts are a perfect example. When those laws were instituted they said a seat belt infraction was not intended to be a stand alone offense, you'd only get a ticket if you were pulled over for something else. Now you can indeed get pulled over for just a seat belt, and there are government sponsored click it or ticket billboards.

Not saying seat belts are not right, just demonstrating what the government says, and what they eventually do are very different things. There's a reason the term 'slippery slope' exists.
    seat belt laws only came about due to the insurance lobby.
    Likes Devils Horse liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    seat belt laws only came about due to the insurance lobby.
    Don't disagree, but your point highlights mine.