Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: inflation

Post Thanks / Like

inflation

we go to a little mexican trailer restaurant that is only here from march thru november.
    today was first day opening this year and they have excellent food. man and wife runs it. he's a good guy with good english. she struggles with english.
    we always get the same food every time.
    last year it would be around $10 for both of us because we eat a light lunch.
    today's bill was $15.
    that's a lot more than 7.9% which is supposed to be the inflation rate.
    just another government lie.
    and now, fauci is wanting more money for the scamdemic which will add more to the inflation rate and national debt.
    he's nothing but a big pharma rep.
    i guess that's why they're talking about government bitcoin.
    if they get that, they'll really have the people, that worked and saved, by the balls.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep...........My long weekends to KY Lake last year were about 350 dollars. thurs, fri, sat, sun.

This year......the first trip was 725..

GAS is up 65%
    Cabin rental went up 15%
    Food is up about 20%

There is no inflation.

All Biden's fault.......ALL of it.

And that man's weak ass position on Russia will cause about 100 million people worldwide to starve in the coming year.

* Ukraine provides about 40% of the world's wheat. They will not be supplying that this year.
    * 10 million displaced Ukrainians will cause significant issues for Poland, Estonia, Lithuania, etc, etc.

Putin knows the game he is playing............Following Stalin's playbook.

Later,

Geo

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

One thing

Tell you one thing that isn't inflated right now...my 401k. Ouch!

Maybe I should put it all in bitcoin, looks like I'll be moving into a refrigerator box condo anyway. Hope the price of canned pet food is still affordable.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Devils Horse View Post
    Tell you one thing that isn't inflated right now...my 401k. Ouch!

Maybe I should put it all in bitcoin, looks like I'll be moving into a refrigerator box condo anyway. Hope the price of canned pet food is still affordable.
    FCK bitcoin............do NOT do that.

Invest in fundamentals, and you will be fine..........

PM me and I have some ideas. I 've lost some money, but not as much as others...........there are safe options right now

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    Agree on inflation hit. Some things I’ve observed. I’m still finding big savings on some stuff, like some shirts I wanted now 50% off. Walmart prices for non grocery stuff seem higher, but Lowe’s items sometimes for the same thing is cheaper than brother company Walmart.

Was looking for a kitchen faucet. Lowe’s was $249, Home Depot had the same thing for $179. And flipping Mennards was $289, but 11% off rebate if you mail in the rebate, let them get dividends on your money, and promptly mail you a rebate check you can only use in there store is a mere 60-90 days.

Summary: Some business are taking advantage of us all and price gouging under the guise of inflation.

Thought: Wood is up 50 to 100 % on selected lumber items, but wood mulch prices have not gone up. Both come from a tree and both got to be shipped???? 🤔🤔🤔🤔

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    Yep...........My long weekends to KY Lake last year were about 350 dollars. thurs, fri, sat, sun.

This year......the first trip was 725..

GAS is up 65%
    Cabin rental went up 15%
    Food is up about 20%

There is no inflation.

All Biden's fault.......ALL of it.

And that man's weak ass position on Russia will cause about 100 million people worldwide to starve in the coming year.

* Ukraine provides about 40% of the world's wheat. They will not be supplying that this year.
    * 10 million displaced Ukrainians will cause significant issues for Poland, Estonia, Lithuania, etc, etc.

Putin knows the game he is playing............Following Stalin's playbook.

Later,

Geo

Later,

Geo
    Nothing in this world is one person's fault. It's all connected in complicated ways that defy simplistic answers.

One of the biggest reasons inflation is so high no one talks about is corporate greed. The best four quarters in recent history for corporate profits all happened last year. They're going to keep price gouging as long as we're willing to pay.
    Likes Moveon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

So true

Quote Originally Posted by jcb View Post
    Nothing in this world is one person's fault. It's all connected in complicated ways that defy simplistic answers.

One of the biggest reasons inflation is so high no one talks about is corporate greed. The best four quarters in recent history for corporate profits all happened last year. They're going to keep price gouging as long as we're willing to pay.
    Why not charge more and then blame it on someone else. it's worked before. Sad but so true.

Every one can charge more for their goods and service except the elderly that are on fixed incomes.

Post Thanks / Like
    We need fight back as consumers. Slow discretionary buying. For groceries try more off name brands. Eat a couple more meals out selecting lower cost meals. Drive less and consolidate trips. Drive slower.

Let’s work together to reduce demand and drive up inventories, ergo maybe sales to get slow moving stock sold.
    Likes Moveon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Heads up car dealer to avoid

Herb Jones Chevy- GM in Etown Ky’s website says they are market adjusting new car prices ADDING 10% to the full sticker price of all new cars. I was shopping for a truck and thought about making the drive till I saw this. By contrast, Bob Hook Chevy up here in Louisville is not adding on to sticker price, and giving small rebates. On a $45k truck, HJ marks it up $4500 on top of full sticker.

Example of the gouging!

Post Thanks / Like

I hate new car dealers

Quote Originally Posted by ZoraSpook View Post
    Herb Jones Chevy- GM in Etown Ky’s website says they are market adjusting new car prices ADDING 10% to the full sticker price of all new cars. I was shopping for a truck and thought about making the drive till I saw this. By contrast, Bob Hook Chevy up here in Louisville is not adding on to sticker price, and giving small rebates. On a $45k truck, HJ marks it up $4500 on top of full sticker.

Example of the gouging!
    They are deceptive and sly. A buddy of mine wanted to go looking for a new car/truck back in the 1970's. We went to this one dealer and checked out the prices of a truck in the showroom. It was a Nissan dealer. We went back a month later and they had the same care with the price marked up from the first time we looked at it. Then they claimed it was on sale for 10% off. It was 10% higher than the time before. They are cooked I tell you and greedy. He walked away and ended up getting a Ford mini pickup truck that was nice.

Post Thanks / Like
    i remember when W was in the white house, the high gas prices were all his fault.
    my dimocrat friends rode me every day about it.
    now with brandon in office, it's magically just market forces that determine the price.
    they just repeat whatever fake news tells them.
    and fyi, W was the same as a dim.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    They are deceptive and sly. A buddy of mine wanted to go looking for a new car/truck back in the 1970's. We went to this one dealer and checked out the prices of a truck in the showroom. It was a Nissan dealer. We went back a month later and they had the same care with the price marked up from the first time we looked at it. Then they claimed it was on sale for 10% off. It was 10% higher than the time before. They are cooked I tell you and greedy. He walked away and ended up getting a Ford mini pickup truck that was nice.
    Agree, consumer has to remember dealers believe a fair price is whatever the market will bear. Real estate agents can be even a worse disaster. Instead if a 5 year car loan for $50k, you might be dealing with a 30 year $200k obligation.

Looking back, twice I saved big time on cars. Between jobs, I opted to join a Ford Dealership. Once on board, you qualify to buy Fords at 10 to 11 % below sticker price, with further cost reductions from currently offered Ford consumer rebates. My truck went from $43k to $31k in 2013. I stayed with the dealership a couple more months to get discounts on extended warranties, and truck bed accessories, then headed off to a new job.

Did id it again in 2017 to buy the wife’s car and saved another $4200.

Not a plan for all, but for those with the time, it works. Also, for young folks, smart play between jobs in that the dealer is paying you a salary while everyday at work you can shop their cars, talk with service folks, and pick a new car with zero sales pressure.