Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Cumberland Conditions - 3/29

Dam end. 10 am to 7:45pm EST. Water Temp 47.5 to 49.5 F . Visibility about 4ft. No trash. Main lake pts were churned up some from wind/chop in afternoon. Saw one bait ball all day. werent actively seeking them as fish were more active than we expected based on 47.5 starting temp. Fishing solid. Fairly even mix of LM SM & KYs. Almost every LM was pigmented,
    Likes Wormin, fishincreek, kstonich liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Cumberland Conditions 4/1

Had to scrape snow of vehicle before leaving Dam end. 10 am to 6:45pm EST. Water Temp 48 to 51F . Visibility about 4.5ft. No trash. Alot sunnier today after noon. Main lake pts much clearer today. wind not as bad and laid down late in afternoon Fishing very solid but alot different than tuesday. 76% of bass caught were SM and fish had moved to diff type banks and bait preference and presentation changed. numbers slightly less but quality better. Saw alot of bait balls on Main Lake off pts and deeper at 30ft in mouths of small creek/coves between pts.

Posting Permissions

Likes Wormin, kstonich liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Cumberland Conditions 4/7

Dam end. 930 am to 7:30pm EST. Water Temp 50.5 to 54 F . Stayed mainly in Creeks. Visibility about 2 to 4ft. A few pieces of wood floating from storm the previous night in morning. Main lake pts were churned up some from storm. not many bait balls in creeks. Fishing very good. Mainly SM and Kys. We lost 2 Keeper+ SM and a big LM. The last smallmouth broke my partner off taking his fav and sacred jerkbait. Then put on an ariel show for him trying to shake the lure loose. Jump completely out of water 6 times. Took his soul
    Likes Wormin, fishincreek liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks

Very much appreciate the reports! I wish more people would post!

Guess that goes for me too! I'm going this weekend and promise to post. Y'all hold me to it!

Post Thanks / Like
    yea. I live outside of Lex and its 4 hr roundtrip. So I understand the angst of wondering what the water conditions are and deciding when best time to go. The last 2 weeks are a rarity for cumberland this time of year in that the water level has been fairly steady. IMHO that helps the fishing alot. I spend more time on weather.com looking for the next best window is than I would like to admit. Hoping to make it back this week.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's my understanding that the water level is going to remain the same for a bit. Apparently they are having to do some work to the generators or sluices or some part of the dam and the low water level is needed. It is making for some very stable fishing conditions, if the weather would just stabilize a bit. This pre-front post front stuff is changing the bite every time I'm out it seems.

Post Thanks / Like
    The last 4 weeks have been below average for rainfall. I understand when you say they are wanting to hold the level down to do work but mother nature has the final say regarding inflow. All they can do at the dam is adjust the outflow. If we get some above normal rainfall in the next few weeks I guarantee the lake will rise no matter how hard they want it to remain below a normal level.

Post Thanks / Like

Cumberland 4/24 Conditions

930 to 730 pm EST . Dam end 53F when got there. 58 when left. found 60 in back of creek. Visibility 4 to 6 ft unless in back of sub creeks and then 2 to 3 ft. no logs or trash. Bass fishing very good. Admit i was expecting it to be a little tough after front came through last night. even caught 2 stripers on A rig. not many bait balls.
    Likes Wormin liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

x30wakeman

How did your weekend fishing go?

Post Thanks / Like

Weekend report

Quote Originally Posted by Tacklebag23 View Post
    How did your weekend fishing go?
    Fished Dale on Saturday and did very well with the biggest being 4 1/2 and 3 3/4# smallies and a 3 1/2 pound large. Caught on grassy flats and points in the creeks. Caught several others. Water temp got to 58 / 59. Fished the mid-lake area.

Fished Cumberland on Sunday. Figured the cold would knock them back but we did better than I expected. Caught 6 bass (smallies & spots) but nothing big. Finished the morning (only fished about 2 hours) with a 10 pound striper. That was fun! Fished main lake areas. Water temp was 54 and clear.

Great weekend for me.
    Likes Tacklebag23, Wormin liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Cumberland Conditions 4/22

Dam end. 915 am to 7:30 pm EST. 57 to 62F. 4 to 5 ft visibility. Water up a few feet from our trip last week to716 Ft some floaters. lots of yellow pollen on surface in back half of creeks. 80 sunny and very little wind. Saw a lot of male bass cruising in very backs of creek arms. not too interested in anything we threw at them. A few big females too. fishing decent for 1st hr or two. Quantality not quality. quite a few dinks, 1 solid keeper LM, a few chunk KY several 15 to 16" SM Shade was key. Once it was gone the next several hrs were a grind. one here one there. Then had a 20 min flurry early evening and picked up 3 keeper SM but unable to duplicate as we hopped around. Not as good as last 4 trips but a decent day considering the bluebird skies. the dinks, seeing lots of fish and a ton of follows kept the interest and hope alive. 23 total.

threw A LOT of different baits at them. caught on Shaky, crank, jerk, and a rig.

A couple of sidebars. been to dam ramp 5 times in last several weeks and the auto fee machine was working once.

In case anyone is missing anything. There was a peculiar acting silver hair man in a black/dark mustang sitting at top of ramp. We waited to until he moved to launch and didnt see anyone else around trailers/trucks in lot. He was gone when we dropped vehicle in lot after launching. Our Cat Converter was still there when we got back.
    Likes fishincreek liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks

Again thanks much for your posts. I did not fish this weekend but plan to this coming weekend. It will be all LC this time. I'm hoping to take off Friday and fish Friday, Sat, and Sun.