Search Fishin.com

Thread: Property taxes

Post Thanks / Like

Property taxes

Ours went up, based on raised property values Yet, my home we bought 7 years ago. Agreed property appreciates. PVA says since new or currently for sale house sell for far much more due to materials, high demand and low interest rates. Agreed.

First, the only way to accurately appraise a house for current taxes is what you just paid for it. The sale price sets the market value. The sale is the proof. PVA is making lots more money cause recent house sales at inflated prices increases their taxes.

So why are those of us who have not just bought are homes in this abnormal market charged more for taxes based on a “ perceived” value not supported by a sales agreement documenting what the market would bear?

The property tax folks are getting the benefit of higher prices in this inflated market from current sales, so why are all the rest of us paying more for a home that’s price cannot be documented and evidenced from a very recent sale. ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoraSpook View Post
    Ours went up, based on raised property values Yet, my home we bought 7 years ago. Agreed property appreciates. PVA says since new or currently for sale house sell for far much more due to materials, high demand and low interest rates. Agreed.

First, the only way to accurately appraise a house for current taxes is what you just paid for it. The sale price sets the market value. The sale is the proof. PVA is making lots more money cause recent house sales at inflated prices increases their taxes.

So why are those of us who have not just bought are homes in this abnormal market charged more for taxes based on a “ perceived” value not supported by a sales agreement documenting what the market would bear?

The property tax folks are getting the benefit of higher prices in this inflated market from current sales, so why are all the rest of us paying more for a home that’s price cannot be documented and evidenced from a very recent sale. ?
    because politicians and town administrators are corrupt and greedy and the more they take in, the bigger kickbacks they get from developers, etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoraSpook View Post

Local elections are happening all over the place. They happen in southern Indiana in May.

My neighbors bitch about the assessment. THEY CONTROL ****. When I ask them who they voted for for their councilman, they are like...........oh I didn't vote......

THEN STFU you idiot FOOL..........

My **** bag councilman was elected by 12 votes, out of 300 cast, out of 3800 possible voters. Less than 10% of the idiot asshats in my district voted for city council or the at large city council seat.

If just 12 of my freakin NEIGHBORS that don't vote, would have voted, maybe their taxes would not have gone up.

IDIOTS.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    Local elections are happening all over the place. They happen in southern Indiana in May.

My neighbors bitch about the assessment. THEY CONTROL ****. When I ask them who they voted for for their councilman, they are like...........oh I didn't vote......

My **** bag councilman was elected by 12 votes, out of 300 cast, out of 3800 possible voters. Less than 10% of the idiot asshats in my district voted for city council or the at large city council seat.

If just 12 of my freakin NEIGHBORS that don't vote, would have voted, maybe their taxes would not have gone up.

IDIOTS.

Later,

Geo
    To increase the vote, set up a free beer stand south 1 block from the poll, then put a sign on each voting booth that says: “”RESTROOM”.
    Likes Moveon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Do you really think that it makes a big difference in taxes

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post

IDIOTS.

Later,

Geo
    both parties will want more tax money to come in so they can pay their people who work for the goverment and sit on their asses all day long doing nothing. Taking 2 hour lunches leaving early and coming in late. Half the time they are out of the office on vacation or figuring out how to travel around the country at the tax payers expense.

I do agree that if you don't vote you don't have a leg to stand on. But then again they drive all the good people out of politics.

My **** property taxes went up like eveyone else in this area. And I agree that the tax should be based on what you paid for the house not what it might sell for even if you are not selling it. That *****. They cap the tax rate but they don't cap the principle. That is something that we need to get changed.

I finished paying my property taxes to day and paid them online using a credit card. Might as well get the points on my card. I paid all the bills today. It's a job that I don't like doing but someone has to do it.