Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Navy needs our help

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-...ance-it-needs/

We need to give the us navy more repair yards and more help in getting ships built and repaired in a timely manner.

My 1st cousin on my mom's side was a repair officer in the US Navy. He was a commander, and his next rank would be admiral. He graduated from a local university with a degree in mechanical engineering. He entered the navy and was sent to nuclear engineering school and ended up working on the navy's submarines. He did work on boomers and the Seawolf attack subs too. I remember him having a baseball style cap sitting on his dresser in his room in his dad's house when I was visiting his day. The hat had the Seawolf insignia on the front of the cap. Back then I didn't take much notice but later on when I started playing a computer game about submarines, I learned that the Seawolf subs were the best in the world. I've told this story before. But when the Chinese hackers heard me talk about my cousin, I started getting hits on my firewall from people in China. They flooded my firewall on my computer every day. I guess they were thinking that they could learn some naval secrets on my computer but that will never happen. I barely talk to my cousin anymore these days since he moved out of town. His mother and father are both dead, so we have no family connection anymore. His dad is my mom's younger brother, and his dad died a few years ago so my cousin doesn't come back home to visit anymore. And we never discussed his work in the Navy. He is pretty hush hush about that stuff and I know better than to try to pick his brain. He is one smart cookie. His mom was a top of the class grad in HS. And his dad was sharp as a tack.

The only reason I mention this is because I fully support our military but wish that the private companies would not charge so much to build subs and other military stuff. I mean come on they cost billions of dollars and we all have to pay for this stuff with our taxes.

But what really bothers me is that we build these literal combat ships and they were not designed properly and keep breaking down. They are only about ten years old and now the Navy is talking about retiring them and starting to build a newer class of ships. What a waste of money. heads should be rolling. No wonder my cousin got out of the navy. I can't imagine the pressure he was under trying to keep the Nuclear Missile boats in action and in good working order.

Post Thanks / Like

USS Texas vandalized while in port

The damage is so bad that the vessel has to be decommissioned. Saboteur? Russian Saboteur?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/no...12c3f84e532e86

Post Thanks / Like
    brandon doesn't have time for that.
    they're all busy training 6 year old kids to be queer.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    The damage is so bad that the vessel has to be decommissioned. Saboteur? Russian Saboteur?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/no...12c3f84e532e86
    USS Miami was decommissioned!

Post Thanks / Like

Ass hole tries to ruin every thread in here

Quote Originally Posted by dragmerc View Post
    brandon doesn't have time for that.
    they're all busy training 6 year old kids to be queer.
    What the hell is wrong with you dude?