Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Systemic vs obvious

1. Would abortion be less of an issue if people were simply more sexually responsible?
    2. Would folks that want to change there sex get more respect if they earned it thru accomplishment rather than demanded it?
    3. If people did not flee or resist arrest, or shoot at police, would there be fewer concerns of police shootings?
    4. Would we have fewer Covid concerns if we all took the approach of finding what we need to do to work together and reduce it, accepted some change, and adapted and overcame.
    5. Would we all feel and act differently to some small degree if we saw elected officials at all levels working to solve real problems instead of name calling, slandering, and making false accusation about those that do? If the leaders disagreed professionally and with competing facts, might we all approach issues similarly?
    6. And when does the Easter Bunny get to enjoy a winter vacation ?

Post Thanks / Like
    In short, when do we stop creating systemic complex excuses for simply unacceptably bad personal behavior?
    Likes LJP liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoraSpook View Post
    3. If people did not flee or resist arrest, or shoot at police, would there be fewer concerns of police shootings?
    How about we hold cops accountable for bad shootings? Don't they have some "personal responsibility" too? Returning fire is absolutely justified, but shooting a fleeing suspect or using deadly force when it's not necessary is murder.

People are going to do dumb things. Laws have to protect stupid people too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jcb View Post
    How about we hold cops accountable for bad shootings? Don't they have some "personal responsibility" too? Returning fire is absolutely justified, but shooting a fleeing suspect or using deadly force when it's not necessary is murder.

i agree but most cops aren't real bright and too many have the macho thing going on.
    however, i've never seen a cop shoot someone that was following orders.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jcb View Post

Certainly they do. And mistakes and abuse on all sides must be addressed equally. Now, of all the police shootings, take a moment and count how many started with resisting, or shooting at police first. Address the root cause and don’t be afraid to see the facts before immediately following a narrative. Facts.... just the facts.
    Likes Moveon, GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dragmerc View Post
    i agree but most cops aren't real bright and too many have the macho thing going on.
    however, i've never seen a cop shoot someone that was following orders.
    I admire anyone that goes into harms way to look out for us all. Levels of expertise recognized, same as I saw in a camo suit while visiting friends in foreign places. To me the difference is everyday they wake up they make the decision to serve.