Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Background Checks

Gonna sound like that old TV guy “Andy Rooney” here.

Background checks for firearms make sense. Since they are potentially deadly or can cause bodily harm.

It’s not the gun dealer that authorizes you to buy a gun, it’s the Feds that are allowing the person to buy the gun, when they approve the background check the gun dealer submits for his client.

And yet with a background check satisfactorily completed, some folks want to hold the GUN MAKER responsible for what the gun owner does with it…….right?

So if that’s the case, shouldn’t there be other times we need a background check.

Like when you go to buy a car. Shouldn’t the dealer have to submit a background check to be sure you don’t have outstanding dangerous car use warrants out for you, before giving you a car to commit more crimes? Cars can be deadly can’t they? And if you buy the car and do drive stupid and harm someone doing it, why don’t the networks and newspapers try to hold the car maker responsible for what the car owner did with it?

It’s 4th of July, and lots of folks are buying fireworks. They are not guns, but worse, explosives. So why don’t people have to submit to a background check to be cleared to buy explosives, when they do to get a gun which is a far more precise weapon?

And why can you buy a beer, without a background check at the bar to see if you currently already have a DUI pending?

And last but not least. Before buying a trailer, for that new boat a person is purchasing, shouldn’t a background and full psychological evaluation be done before the buyer is allowed to make the purchase. From what I have seen on boat ramps, it appears it would be a reasonable and prudent precaution.
    Likes dragmerc, GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The 2nd amendment does not apply to cars.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoraSpook View Post
    Gonna sound like that old TV guy “Andy Rooney” here.

Background checks for firearms make sense. Since they are potentially deadly or can cause bodily harm.

It’s not the gun dealer that authorizes you to buy a gun, it’s the Feds that are allowing the person to buy the gun, when they approve the background check the gun dealer submits for his client.

And yet with a background check satisfactorily completed, some folks want to hold the GUN MAKER responsible for what the gun owner does with it…….right?

So if that’s the case, shouldn’t there be other times we need a background check.

Like when you go to buy a car. Shouldn’t the dealer have to submit a background check to be sure you don’t have outstanding dangerous car use warrants out for you, before giving you a car to commit more crimes? Cars can be deadly can’t they? And if you buy the car and do drive stupid and harm someone doing it, why don’t the networks and newspapers try to hold the car maker responsible for what the car owner did with it?

It’s 4th of July, and lots of folks are buying fireworks. They are not guns, but worse, explosives. So why don’t people have to submit to a background check to be cleared to buy explosives, when they do to get a gun which is a far more precise weapon?

And why can you buy a beer, without a background check at the bar to see if you currently already have a DUI pending?

And last but not least. Before buying a trailer, for that new boat a person is purchasing, shouldn’t a background and full psychological evaluation be done before the buyer is allowed to make the purchase. From what I have seen on boat ramps, it appears it would be a reasonable and prudent precaution.
    Second amendment says SHALL NOT INFRINGE. Passing all these laws banning guns and interfering with our right to keep and bear arms is UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

NEW YORK Will be sued pretty fast after passing laws that restrict the carrying of firearms and buying of ammo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

You do know that it was Trump that got us out so fast

Hmmm.
    That we had to leave equipment behind? There was a deadline and Trump got that for us. So, if you want to blame anyone for leaving burned out and stripped-down equipment in Afghanistan then blame Trump and GW Bush for getting us in that war in the first place.

And I'm against Bidens attempts to ban guns here in the USA. The second amendment is the law of the land. Shall not infringe. And the **** government has been infringing on our rights for many years now. It must stop.

And Trump never did take on Putin for putting bounties on our men and women in Afghanistan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    That we had to leave equipment behind? There was a deadline and Trump got that for us. So, if you want to blame anyone for leaving burned out and stripped-down equipment in Afghanistan then blame Trump and GW Bush for getting us in that war in the first place.

And I'm against Bidens attempts to ban guns here in the USA. The second amendment is the law of the land. Shall not infringe. And the **** government has been infringing on our rights for many years now. It must stop.

And Trump never did take on Putin for putting bounties on our men and women in Afghanistan.
    Jee, I thought the ACTING POTUS was commander in chief of the Armed Forces, not the prior one.
    Jee, how many US troops were killed or injured when Trump struck the deal to leave if Taliban left our guys alone? Oh crap, that's right, US soldier only again became getting harmed after the NEW POTUS, and his bumbling staff, decided to finally remember they had a deadline to meet, and had fail to plan for it, it then rush us out. Yea, Biden is my friggin hero.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    Second amendment says SHALL NOT INFRINGE. Passing all these laws banning guns and interfering with our right to keep and bear arms is UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

NEW YORK Will be sued pretty fast after passing laws that restrict the carrying of firearms and buying of ammo.
    2nd Amendment and cars? Wow....my bobber just went down.

Post Thanks / Like

Better check your hook as it's empty now

2nd Amendment and cars? Wow....my bobber just went down.
    You need to set the hook when it does that. But you were too slow, and the fish stole your bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Some Presidents make deals for the USA and then

Jee, I thought the ACTING POTUS was commander in chief of the Armed Forces, not the prior one.
    Jee, how many US troops were killed or injured when Trump struck the deal to leave if Taliban left our guys alone? Oh crap, that's right, US soldier only again became getting harmed after the NEW POTUS, and his bumbling staff, decided to finally remember they had a deadline to meet, and had fail to plan for it, it then rush us out. Yea, Biden is my friggin hero.
    The next President has to follow the rules of the agreement. Trump promised that the USA would withdraw from Afghanistan by a certain date in the future. Biden became president and had to withdraw troops due to Trump's agreement with the Taliban.

Trump is a traitor and will soon be indicted for all his crimes.

Post Thanks / Like

Trump was the bumbling idiot and Biden is the Best President

Trump allowed the Iranians to fire ballistic missiles at our troops in Iraq and did nothing to respond and punish Iran. Trump was a big Wossie.