Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Green River Walleye

I saw this segment on KYAfield. Does anyone know where it is? I see a boat ramp sign posted and there is a photo of the guest where he has a large walleye and a rocky bank in the background. Some have said Mt. Carmel Boat Ramp, but I don't know. https://youtu.be/WHw_ppUB3Sc

Post Thanks / Like
    If your talking about the photo at 5:45 I can assure you that is not Mt.Carmel or anywhere in Butler creek. Although I could not tell where the night video was shot I can also assure you it is not in Mt. Carmel or the Butler creek area as well. The photo has a bank with heavy rip rap and the video is very shallow water and it looks like it has current moving. Neither of those exist in Mt. Carmel or Butler creek. I have zero idea where the photo was taken. The only bone I can throw is at green if you looking for eyes try the tailwaters not the lake.

...and I'm the guy whos always paying attention to detail as well. In the opening Chad's radio is on 95.7 FM. I live very close to Green River Lake and Green River tailwaters and I have never heard of that station locally. That would lead me to think they are somewhere within broadcast signal of 95.7 so find that station and they are probably within a 50-60 mile radius based on the range of most radio station signals in south central Ky. Now granted this is if he was listening to that station. Heck I can have mine on a local station and be hundreds of miles away but simply not listening to the radio.

Post Thanks / Like

Is the Tailwater good for Walleye Now?

Quote Originally Posted by R19 View Post
    If your talking about the photo at 5:45 I can assure you that is not Mt.Carmel or anywhere in Butler creek. Although I could not tell where the night video was shot I can also assure you it is not in Mt. Carmel or the Butler creek area as well. The photo has a bank with heavy rip rap and the video is very shallow water and it looks like it has current moving. Neither of those exist in Mt. Carmel or Butler creek. I have zero idea where the photo was taken. The only bone I can throw is at green if you looking for eyes try the tailwaters not the lake.

...and I'm the guy whos always paying attention to detail as well. In the opening Chad's radio is on 95.7 FM. I live very close to Green River Lake and Green River tailwaters and I have never heard of that station locally. That would lead me to think they are somewhere within broadcast signal of 95.7 so find that station and they are probably within a 50-60 mile radius based on the range of most radio station signals in south central Ky. Now granted this is if he was listening to that station. Heck I can have mine on a local station and be hundreds of miles away but simply not listening to the radio.
    Can you catch Walleye at the Green River Tailwater year round? Summer in particular? What time of day is best?

Post Thanks / Like
    Seen a lot of them caught there in the summer… or should I say snagged. It’s a big problem there in the trough. I have had a few decent days down stream near the ramp in early spring throwing x-raps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you fish for them in the summer? What time of day is best for walleye?

Post Thanks / Like
    I do not. I have fished there in the summer but stopped because most of the people fishing there are just snagging fish. Usually from dark til daylight. I've watched coolers full of walleye, cats, and crappie get packed out of there. Most all were snagged with a jigging spoon or treble hook.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lalane View Post
    Can you catch Walleye at the Green River Tailwater year round? Summer in particular? What time of day is best?

I have zero idea about year round. I have a friend that will fish there but I don't want to give up specifics about it due to the respect I have for the info he told me. As a fellow fisherman I hope you understand.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lalane View Post
    I saw this segment on KYAfield. Does anyone know where it is? I see a boat ramp sign posted and there is a photo of the guest where he has a large walleye and a rocky bank in the background. Some have said Mt. Carmel Boat Ramp, but I don't know. https://youtu.be/WHw_ppUB3Sc
    I wonder if its up around the Mammoth Cave Ferry area