Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, no matter how you parse it.......PUBS get defeated

First........I'm not up to watch the election. I still work for a living . **** Long ASS hours during enrollment periods.

I'm telling you. I fully expected a red wave. 30+ seats in the house.

We did not get that, and it might only be 10 or so. Hell some projections are saying 1.

If it is 1 seat, and it could EASILY be 1 seat that is a resounding defeat as PUBS got 5 seats just with redistricting.

I didn't think OZ would win, and I was not too sure about a couple others in the senate.......

Bottom line Demographics are changing, and it's clear that even Biden is an ignorant buffoon, people still want the policies of his party.

Likewise......Even though TRUMP garners a **** ton of support, HE was rejected pretty heavily.

Gonna be interesting.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    I will also say.........While I really don't give two craps about abortion, there are a whole lot of democrats that came out to vote EXCLUSIVELY that issue.

AND I also believe that Republicans in leadership were willing to take losses, to get roe V wade overturned, which they did.

I honestly thought this would look different than it does.....

We shall see.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    i think abortion was the key issue that beat the pubs.
    we'll see how they feel when they start getting hungry.
    our country is morally sick and ignorant and getting more so.
    like i've said before, i pity my grandchildren.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Ground game

Was listening to NPR radio on the way to the lake the other am, and heard about the rising cost of 'petitioners'. NPR was very concerned about it, and was careful not to call them ballot harvesters.

These harvesters are paid by the number of signed ballots they collect, a recipe for some serious fraud if I ever saw it. I think they have, or have tried to outlaw by the signature payments, but harvesters can still operate, paid by the hour. There are also tons of idealistic young Dimocrat volunteers straight out of the liberal school system who don't smarten up till they grow up.

I believe this has a lot to do with why the Dims do so well with absentee ballots and early voting. At risk of sounding like a conspiracy theorist, I don't believe 80 million fully lucid people actually voted for Biden. Trump hate, and Covid changed voting rules mobilized ballot harvesters like never before. Then again, I can't come to grips with how any productive citizen living in this country right now could vote Dimocrat and more of the same, so that shows how out of touch I prolly am.

Perhaps it's legitimate changing demographics, the heavy influence of the mass media, the voting process, or some combination, but there is serious doubt Republicans will ever get the whitehouse, or a complete majority in government again. That assertion is refuted by what happened in Florida though.
    Likes dragmerc liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Kerri Lake sued in Arizona about voting machines not be capable of counting the ballots.

20% of the machines have failed......

they are now manually counting this crap.

AMAZING.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    i don't trust mail in voting, ballot harvesters, etc.
    if they can't vote in person with a valid id, they shouldn't count.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dragmerc View Post
    That's bull crap.

If they can legitimately VALIDATE the vote, then count it.

Now, VALIDATION is a whole different story.

Later,

Geo
    Likes Devils Horse liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dragmerc View Post
    Does that mean disabled home bound folks would not get to vote? Does that mean if I’m hospitalized I can’t vote?
    Does that mean a soldier deployed to a combat zone could not vote?

If the state or city had enough info to approve the application for a mailed ballot, and then mailed out a serial numbered ballot to the specific person who applied for it, why would they need further credentials when the filled in ballot comes back above a signature on the vote?

Post Thanks / Like

Some of the printers ink was not working and that was fixed

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    Kerri Lake sued in Arizona about voting machines not be capable of counting the ballots.

20% of the machines have failed......

they are now manually counting this crap.

AMAZING.

Later,

Geo
    They fixed the ink problem and nothing was wrong with the vote counting. That lawsuit will be rejected by the courts.

I didn't pay much attention to the news yesterday as I was busy with other more important things. The Senate Races are going to take a while to sort out and it appears that in Georgia there will be a runoff as no one got over 50% of the votes. I think that the Republican will take over the house but that is still up in the air right now last I heard. I may be wrong. The republicans had a lead but IIRC they need 218 to take over the house. McCarthy still wants to be the speaker but he may have his hands full with his own party keeping everyone happy.
    Likes Devils Horse liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoraSpook View Post
    Does that mean disabled home bound folks would not get to vote? Does that mean if I’m hospitalized I can’t vote?
    Does that mean a soldier deployed to a combat zone could not vote?

If the state or city had enough info to approve the application for a mailed ballot, and then mailed out a serial numbered ballot to the specific person who applied for it, why would they need further credentials when the filled in ballot comes back above a signature on the vote?
    Agree.

I do have questions about the if that starts your second para tho.

Is that the process in all cities/states? Does somebody check the address and verify the applicant lives there and is a registered voter, or even if the 'applicant' is still alive?

If so, are homeless people not allowed to vote? If not, what's to stop paid harvesters from applying for every resident of homeless shelters and making some along the way?

Are applications checked for duplicates from the same address?

Are ballots in fact serialized in a database, and tested for duplicates before being counted?

Stories of districts with more votes than registered voters, ballots from dead people, people voting more than once, etc is a concern.

That Biden got 80 million votes is a concern. More than Obama got with a highly energized voting base, and pretty much the entire black vote regardless of party. Hard to buy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    They fixed the ink problem and nothing was wrong with the vote counting. That lawsuit will be rejected by the courts.

I didn't pay much attention to the news yesterday as I was busy with other more important things. The Senate Races are going to take a while to sort out and it appears that in Georgia there will be a runoff as no one got over 50% of the votes. I think that the Republican will take over the house but that is still up in the air right now last I heard. I may be wrong. The republicans had a lead but IIRC they need 218 to take over the house. McCarthy still wants to be the speaker but he may have his hands full with his own party keeping everyone happy.
    Good comments, Move. You're making progress, that Trump obsession therapy is working, keep it up.

Post Thanks / Like

How many homeless people are there?

Quote Originally Posted by Devils Horse View Post
    Agree.

I do have questions about the if that starts your second para tho.

Is that the process in all cities/states? Does somebody check the address and verify the applicant lives there and is a registered voter, or even if the 'applicant' is still alive?

If so, are homeless people not allowed to vote? If not, what's to stop paid harvesters from applying for every resident of homeless shelters and making some along the way?

Are applications checked for duplicates from the same address?

Are ballots in fact serialized in a database, and tested for duplicates before being counted?

Stories of districts with more votes than registered voters, ballots from dead people, people voting more than once, etc is a concern.

That Biden got 80 million votes is a concern. More than Obama got with a highly energized voting base, and pretty much the entire black vote regardless of party. Hard to buy.
    I doubt if there are more than 20 or 30 homeless people in the shelter. And no matter where one lives they should have the right to vote.

And yes they check us here. I live in one county and have been living in my mothers house to take care of her for a couple of years. I still maintain my home in the other county. And I am only registered to vote in my home county. So when I got my absentee ballot sent to my mom's house they questioned me on where I live. I had my mail forwarded to my mom's house so I didn't have to drive 20 miles to my house to pick it up all the time.