Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stock market

Post Thanks / Like

They make the Toyota Hybrid near me

Quote Originally Posted by ZoraSpook View Post
    Totally agree with that. Worthy goal/responsible to work for a cleaner environment and electric can help get us there.
    I'd drive an electric car, but won't till prices make sense, and I'm happier with range, and with safety of recycling aspects.

Would love to see the govt give rebates/inducements for hybrd cars just like they do full electric. I think it would help people make the first step in the right direction, trying a car 1/2 electric, and 1/2 gas before at some point going the next step to all electric. Funny thing now is increasing electric car demands is driving up buy cost, which in turn is keep the reluctant from making the jump. Hard to make the change when the change aint around to support it, and harder to take the challenge of a new type car when the cost is such a consideration.
    If I had 65K I would buy a new car. I read Flipboard on my Android Smartphone almost every day. I have read a lot of stories that talk about the future or research that is ongoing. Some stories have spoke about new electric batteries and materials that can replace Lithium. And other stories talked about different materials being used for new batteries. Of, course none of these are in mass production yet. If they ever do make a battery that will last for a long time and recharge quickly and get longer range I think that new electric cars will sell more. But they still need to bring the prices down. We need a new Ford Model T for the masses. And yes it might help to have subsidies or tax breaks for those that buy new cars.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    I agree. We need to get the new stuff going and prove that it works and can supply our needs of power. We don't want to be caught freezing to death in the dark.
    I also tend to agree. and I'm not AGAINST clean energy.......fact is, it's the future. Another fact is, it's expensive.

I have a buddy in Central Indiana that is all over green energy and has actually done some neat stuff. Like exclusively heating on solar through a Minnesota winter in a 400sq ft building. COMPLETELY. Now, it was not to 70 degrees, but he could effectively heat to 50 in -30 weather. That is pretty **** impressive.

If we ever get to a point where green is cheaper or more viable, we will see an explosion. Forcing it on America has not worked for 20 years.

later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    Totally agree with that. Worthy goal/responsible to work for a cleaner environment and electric can help get us there.
    I'd drive an electric car, but won't till prices make sense, and I'm happier with range, and with safety of recycling aspects.

Would love to see the govt give rebates/inducements for hybrd cars just like they do full electric. I think it would help people make the first step in the right direction, trying a car 1/2 electric, and 1/2 gas before at some point going the next step to all electric. Funny thing now is increasing electric car demands is driving up buy cost, which in turn is keep the reluctant from making the jump. Hard to make the change when the change aint around to support it, and harder to take the challenge of a new type car when the cost is such a consideration.
    Me too, I was actually looking forward to F150 Lightning, and those possibilities, but they are a decade away from being useable. I Mean 200 mi won't even get me to KY lake, and if I"m pulling a boat, I"m gonna have to stop in Evansville and charge up. Yea NOPE.

AND I don't know if will ever pay 80k for a vehicle. And let's not even talk about battery longevity.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    Me too, I was actually looking forward to F150 Lightning, and those possibilities, but they are a decade away from being useable. I Mean 200 mi won't even get me to KY lake, and if I"m pulling a boat, I"m gonna have to stop in Evansville and charge up. Yea NOPE.

AND I don't know if will ever pay 80k for a vehicle. And let's not even talk about battery longevity.

Later,

Geo
    Hey Geo.......duh.....when trailering home, use the trolling motor batteries to charge the truck . 😂😂😂

PS I’m going to a Maverick Hybrid and pull a smaller aluminum boat. Double winner. Biggest cost savings will be being able to honestly tell my deadbeat, no cost sharing, mooch of a brother in law I got no room to take his butt fishing!!! 😂😂
    Likes Moveon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    i ordered a chevy 2500hd with 6.6 gas.
    i'm too old to change to electric.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dragmerc View Post
    i ordered a chevy 2500hd with 6.6 gas.
    i'm too old to change to electric.
    Ole man, if I have to put my age on the credit application this will be the best I'll qualify for:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Market

Always enjoy your sense of humor, Spook.

The stock market seems to to move on emotion almost as much as hard data. Fear and speculation causes big movement that is often not substantiated by actual events. It's a crap shoot.

I took a few hundred bucks and invested in a couple of lithium battery companies earlier this year. Have lost almost half of it. Haven't given up tho, the one I bought the most shares in is working on a a lithium battery recycling plant near the Tesla gigafactory in Nevada. Gonna be rich I tell ya. Rich! Gonna buy Fakebook, and fire Suckerberg just for the hell of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Devils Horse View Post
    Always enjoy your sense of humor, Spook.

The stock market seems to to move on emotion almost as much as hard data. Fear and speculation causes big movement that is often not substantiated by actual events. It's a crap shoot.

I took a few hundred bucks and invested in a couple of lithium battery companies earlier this year. Have lost almost half of it. Haven't given up tho, the one I bought the most shares in is working on a a lithium battery recycling plant near the Tesla gigafactory in Nevada. Gonna be rich I tell ya. Rich! Gonna buy Fakebook, and fire Suckerberg just for the hell of it.
    Best wishes on the stocks. Good thing about the glittery market is sometimes it surges for no good reason too.

If ya get rich and I hope you do, buy Fishin.com. And make GEO and MOVEON moderators. Cmon man..... get rich and have some fun
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Best wishes on the stocks. Good thing about the glittery market is sometimes it surges for no good reason too.

If ya get rich and I hope you do, buy Fishin.com. And make GEO and MOVEON moderators. Cmon man..... get rich and have some fun
    Haha! Bet ole Peter would give me a good deal on the site, and I could pay you big money to moderate the moderators. Dragmerc will be my new site-wide grammar czar.

Them penny stocks hit, it's a plan. Don't change your lives just yet tho, I'll get back to yall on that.
    Likes dragmerc, GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Saw where the new chevy can go 247 miles between charges

Hey Geo.......duh.....when trailering home, use the trolling motor batteries to charge the truck . 

PS I’m going to a Maverick Hybrid and pull a smaller aluminum boat. Double winner. Biggest cost savings will be being able to honestly tell my deadbeat, no cost sharing, mooch of a brother in law I got no room to take his butt fishing!!! 
    But I don't think that little electric car can tow GEO's boat. Evansville should have a nice fast charging station along I 69 in the future. and you can grab a bite to eat at the White castle on the morgan ave exit. Get a cup of coffee and some onion rings.

Post Thanks / Like
    Instead of spending 65-70k for and electric truck, I’m gonna stop hitting the clubs and get my brews, bourbon, and dancers via DoorDash and Uber. I figure the cost of the truck will fund that for about 13.61 years.
    Likes Moveon, GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

They have the range of 400 miles now

Instead of spending 65-70k for and electric truck, I’m gonna stop hitting the clubs and get my brews, bourbon, and dancers via DoorDash and Uber. I figure the cost of the truck will fund that for about 13.61 years.
    according to the commercial I saw on TV the other day. But I can't remember which vehicle it was talking about. But now they need to get the costs down for the car and the replacement batteries that we know is bound to be needed in the future. And then they also need to work on the charging time.

I buy my groceries from Walmart, but they won't deliver my alcohol. I had to drive to the liquor store to get my last bottle of Wild Turkey 101. But now my doctors tell me not to drink. And since I feel like Crap I'm debating if I could drink it or not. I've not used uber yet, Now door dash delivered a steak dinner that I ordered from Logans Steak House. I use to go there all the time but have not been since the pandemic struck. I miss the peanuts on the floor. They remind me of my favorite pup on campus at Purdue's West Lafayette campus. The last time I was at that pub with my friend I looked over across the room and saw the girl I took to HS prom. I didn't expect to see her up there. I didn't get to talk to her as she was on a date and I didn't want to bother her.