Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Foreign Technical Support

Is is just me or do all the companys use foreign people from outside the USA for customer and technical support. It seems that every time I call technical support I get some one that does not speak English as their first language and the language barrier is ultra high. I can't understand half of what they say. It the same with Microsoft.

I had a tree fall on the power line and it took the telephone pole down that held all the lines. Telephone, internet cable, TV cable and other lines were down. Electric lines were down and still energized. So the power company CenterPoint came out and fixed the power lines to my house and the neighbors house as we were both using power lines from the pole that was broken down.

Then I called my cable company to get them out here to put up a new line. That was several days ago. I called again as one of the tech from Spectrum was out here fixing the neighbors cable line and cut my WOW or RCN Astound cable line in the process. I went outside as I had just got up from a nap as someone called me on my cell phone and woke me up. I thought I would watch some news on tv but the cable was out and the TV didn't work. So I went outside and saw the Spectrum guy up on a ladder working on the cable line for my neighbor next door. I told him that my TV had been working before he came and now it was out. He said he would check on my line after he got done installing my neighbors line. Later I saw he was splicing my cable line back together and I got my cable, internet and phone back in operation.

So I called my cable company which use to be Wow but now is Astound powered by RCN. I got a foreign guy on the line for technical support. I could not really understand what he was saying and he spoke very slow. I could hear noises in the background that sounded like someone was working on the plumbing. It sounded like metal wrenches banging on metal pipes. Like he was fixing his sink or water lines or something. I could tell he was not fully paying attention. His mind was elsewhere. When I got fed up with him I asked to speak to his supervisor but that never happened. He just left me on the line and continued to work on his plumbing. I never did get to speak to a supervisor. He said that they would have a tech call me and that they would be here next Saturday between 8 am and 10 am. Let me hope that he is telling the truth and they get out here. I was really pissed off when the cable went out and so I blamed him on that. But it was really the spectrum company's tech who cut my cable line for no reason. Maybe he was trying to get rid of the competion.

Anyway I'm tired of talking to people about techical stuff who can't speak plain English.

Post Thanks / Like
    IT is horrible.......very very bad. WE want cheap for everything......

We definitely get what we pay for.

Later,

gEo

Post Thanks / Like
    foreigners have to work for a living.
    half the people here are on a free ride.

Post Thanks / Like

ah come on dude.

Quote Originally Posted by dragmerc View Post
    foreigners have to work for a living.
    half the people here are on a free ride.
    with one breath you bitch about the illegal people crossing the border to find work and then the next breath you say foreigners need to work. Which one is it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    with one breath you bitch about the illegal people crossing the border to find work and then the next breath you say foreigners need to work. Which one is it?
    It's a whole different foreigner.

I'm not a fan of outsourced call centers. I don't like my DATA going overseas, and being unprotected. There are some new laws around that, so we shall see.

I also don't care about illegals that come across, but I don't want to give them ANY free rides. Our social systems are under attack due to these massive waves of illegal immigrants. Legal immigration is quite fine with me.

The biggest thing that would make a dent is to shut off the systems that allow them to feed off of OUR system. Cut Imports from Mexico into the United states by 50-75%, until they control the border.....Do something.

Later,

Geo
    Likes Moveon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

We agree on this one

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    It's a whole different foreigner.

I'm not a fan of outsourced call centers. I don't like my DATA going overseas, and being unprotected. There are some new laws around that, so we shall see.

I also don't care about illegals that come across, but I don't want to give them ANY free rides. Our social systems are under attack due to these massive waves of illegal immigrants. Legal immigration is quite fine with me.

The biggest thing that would make a dent is to shut off the systems that allow them to feed off of OUR system. Cut Imports from Mexico into the United states by 50-75%, until they control the border.....Do something.

Later,

Geo
    I totally agree. Although the agriculture industry needs workers who are willing to do back breaking work out in the fields harvesting the crops. But I don't think that we should be supporting all these new people with our taxes. They need to pay taxes if they are allowed to live here legally. I'm not sure how to control the inflow of illegals. They can go over and under and around walls. We need armed guards along the border and more helicopters and drones and border patrol agents. Maybe a few crocs in the rivers would deter river crossings.

I'm OK with a limited number of immigrants given visas. My grandfather's dad was an immigrant.

Post Thanks / Like
    I totally agree. Although the agriculture industry needs workers who are willing to do back breaking work out in the fields harvesting the crops. But I don't think that we should be supporting all these new people with our taxes. They need to pay taxes if they are allowed to live here legally. I'm not sure how to control the inflow of illegals. They can go over and under and around walls. We need armed guards along the border and more helicopters and drones and border patrol agents. Maybe a few crocs in the rivers would deter river crossings.

I'm OK with a limited number of immigrants given visas. My grandfather's dad was an immigrant.
    There already is Migrant worker status...........and that used to be adequate.

Folks wanted to come to America, do that back breaking work and go home. One gigantic problem with going back home, is their HOME is under attack, unsafe, and a war zone.

FIX THAT.....

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

Yea that is a problem

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    There already is Migrant worker status...........and that used to be adequate.

Folks wanted to come to America, do that back breaking work and go home. One gigantic problem with going back home, is their HOME is under attack, unsafe, and a war zone.

FIX THAT.....

Later,

Geo

There are bad guys disrupting people's lives down in South America that need to be controlled. Should we send troops down there to get that fixed?

Post Thanks / Like
    There are bad guys disrupting people's lives down in South America that need to be controlled. Should we send troops down there to get that fixed?
    no we should get rid of the criminals here first, starting in DC.
    Likes Devils Horse liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I like foreign tech support:
    1. Easy way to get weather reports around the world , “ how’s da weather there?”
    2. Reduces my long distance calling costs
    3. Feel like I visited overseas with no passport.
    4. And I don’t have to put up with American Valley Girls, American Wayne’s world cast members, or AOC relatives. Ya see these categories of people are equally unfamiliar of English, hard to understand, marginally capable of communications and incapable of listening let alone hearing😂😂😂

Think of it this way, would want to contact tech support and get New Jersey, Portland Oregon, Chicago, or the Bronx🤙🤙🤙. “ Hi, I’m Lightfoot, thanks for calling but what ever you think you need help with is actually not broke and while you think it is actually it’s better than you are capable of recognizing. But rest assured the concerns you raise shall be studied for 15 seconds before an inappropriate response that does not address the issue is summarily dismissed with thanks for contacting us”.
    Likes Devils Horse liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Illegals

These are stone cold facts.

Nothing in Huntsvegas, Alabama would get built without illegal Mexicans. Nothing. And nobody's house would have shingles. Nobody's. This city would grind to a halt without them. Generally speaking, Americans simply won't work like they do (myself included).

There are plenty of exceptions, but today's 20 something males know almost nothing about anything except their chosen vocation. They don't know how to fix their vehicle, or even how it works. They don't know how to fix a house, or the appliances in it. God forbid, most of them don't even own a roll of duct tape...the single most important invention in the history of man.

Sometimes I'm glad I'm old. Not often tho.
    Likes dragmerc liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Devils Horse View Post
    These are stone cold facts.

Nothing in Huntsvegas, Alabama would get built without illegal Mexicans. Nothing. And nobody's house would have shingles. Nobody's. This city would grind to a halt without them. Generally speaking, Americans simply won't work like they do (myself included).

There are plenty of exceptions, but today's 20 something males know almost nothing about anything except their chosen vocation. They don't know how to fix their vehicle, or even how it works. They don't know how to fix a house, or the appliances in it. God forbid, most of them don't even own a roll of duct tape...the single most important invention in the history of man.

Sometimes I'm glad I'm old. Not often tho.
    I applaud the work ethic I see in Spanish Americans. I too have seen younger generation that smoke me on tech, then ask me for help to put oil in their car
    Likes dragmerc liked this post