Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: froze

Post Thanks / Like

Better get up high for sure. And I have the Ohio River

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    Or maybe that should be Geo Hollow......
    The Ohio River will rise up and flood the Ohio River Valley. The US Navy will have to spend billions to move it's naval bases on the coast.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    The Ohio River will rise up and flood the Ohio River Valley. The US Navy will have to spend billions to move it's naval bases on the coast.
    UofL and UK will scrape their football teams and start a Water Polo Team. Joe’s Crab Shack will be a structure on my Garmin. The Galt house will have only 2 above water floors and the other floors below the surface will have rooms available for scuba divers to rent. And BLM protests down town will be graded on a synchronized swimming scale.
    Likes Devils Horse liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd love to just walk out my back yard and fish Dale Geo...........hahahahahahahahahahahah.

I'm only kind of kidding.

Later,

Geo
    I pitch lures in my back yard. I find the redheads prefer Kohl’s gift cards while the blondes hit best on Visa.
    Likes Devils Horse, Moveon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't say we have no impact, read it again. I said we don't really have a good idea of what the impact is, and we choose to spend trillions of dollars on stuff that makes very little difference.

The "science" has been spewing ******** since the dawn of time, and the EXISTENCE of ********.

I'm saying we are not smart enough to be screaming at the rooftop that Humans are ruining our world.

Just saying.

Later,

Geo
    We've done more since the industrial revolution than we can measure. If unfathomable the people who are unwilling, uninformed, unhelpful or just stubborn when it comes to this subject.

Everyone said "Oh this is the hottest summer I in my life". No no that is the coolest summer for the rest of your life.
    Likes Moveon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzy View Post
    We've done more since the industrial revolution than we can measure. If unfathomable the people who are unwilling, uninformed, unhelpful or just stubborn when it comes to this subject.

Everyone said "Oh this is the hottest summer I in my life". No no that is the coolest summer for the rest of your life.
    Good thoughts. Hey what all electric car do you drive and who installed the solar panels for you that took your house 100% off the grid? Pls share so we can all benefit from the experiences of someone who is not part of the problem. I mean, you are not part of the problem are you??

And if summers get longer and hotter, think of how much the environment will benefit when we can all stop heating our houses because winters stay a balmy 65 degrees. Omg…. Do you mean global warming might at some point solve its own environmental causation? And OMG, all while our KY property values skyrocket as our landlocked homes now become Miami style beachfront property ?

Wow dude you rock! Warm on Garth! Yaaaaaaa
    Likes dragmerc, GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    i can only remember one time when it got so hot the road buckled.
    that was 60 years ago.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoraSpook View Post
    Good thoughts. Hey what all electric car do you drive and who installed the solar panels for you that took your house 100% off the grid? Pls share so we can all benefit from the experiences of someone who is not part of the problem. I mean, you are not part of the problem are you??

And if summers get longer and hotter, think of how much the environment will benefit when we can all stop heating our houses because winters stay a balmy 65 degrees. Omg…. Do you mean global warming might at some point solve its own environmental causation? And OMG, all while our KY property values skyrocket as our landlocked homes now become Miami style beachfront property ?

Wow dude you rock! Warm on Garth! Yaaaaaaa
    Way to speak in hyperbole. No one can completely get away. Unless you die.

but you can reduce, reuse and recycle.

look at how much crap everyone has in their home. Look at how much we buy and throw away.

now look at what it takes to transport and make all that ****. That’s the problem. Over consumption pushed by over production

Post Thanks / Like

Curious

Way to speak in hyperbole. No one can completely get away. Unless you die.

but you can reduce, reuse and recycle.

look at how much crap everyone has in their home. Look at how much we buy and throw away.

now look at what it takes to transport and make all that ****. That’s the problem. Over consumption pushed by over production
    We have a recycling bin here, and I use it heavily. Have heard it takes more energy to recycle that stuff than it does to make it. Don't know if that is true.

I've also heard that it takes more energy to make ethanol for gasoline than it saves.

Do you have any stuff in your house, or throw any stuff away? If so, are you willing to get rid of all the luxuries, and your vehicle, and live 100% sustainable? I'm not. What would be the point? First world standard of living is what everyone wants.

Many greenies (specially rich politicians) talk the talk, but when it gets down to it, very few walk the walk.
    Likes dragmerc liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Devils Horse View Post
    We have a recycling bin here, and I use it heavily. Have heard it takes more energy to recycle that stuff than it does to make it. Don't know if that is true.

I've also heard that it takes more energy to make ethanol for gasoline than it saves.

Do you have any stuff in your house, or throw any stuff away? If so, are you willing to get rid of all the luxuries, and your vehicle, and live 100% sustainable? I'm not. What would be the point? First world standard of living is what everyone wants.

Many greenies (specially rich politicians) talk the talk, but when it gets down to it, very few walk the walk.
    I have in fact gone away from a lot of the 1st world luxuries. Not %100 I haven't had a TV or internet subscription in 9 years. I live out of a trailer fishing and hunting 6 months when I dont work, wood stove converted in the trailer. I own a car but most places I walk or ride my bike to. I have a fish camp that has solar and a wood stove. A propane furnace for the cold months I'm not home. No air conditioning. Always have a large garden and can. When my girlfriends over the years have come over they are very weirded out at first I have only 2 bowls, 2 plates, 2 forks, basically 2 of everything utensil wise. Thats it. But then when dishes need to be down you dont have much to do!

I dont have anything in my "house" that I cant bring myself to throw away. I lived in 19 houses in 16 years so I was tired of always throwing away things I didnt use and didnt realize it until I was moving.
    I became a minimalist out of frustration from moving so much.

If nothing else I save a lot of money and enjoy my days more than most because I dont have the typical "chores"

The one thing I really over indulge in is that I have 11 boats around the country. I hate trailering boats so when I see a 14ft lund or a jon boat thats cheap I'll pick it up and find cheap storage near where I want to fish.

Post Thanks / Like

https://theconversation.com/can-we-s...licated-148250

Post Thanks / Like
    I have in fact gone away from a lot of the 1st world luxuries. Not %100 I haven't had a TV or internet subscription in 9 years. I live out of a trailer fishing and hunting 6 months when I dont work, wood stove converted in the trailer. I own a car but most places I walk or ride my bike to. I have a fish camp that has solar and a wood stove. A propane furnace for the cold months I'm not home. No air conditioning. Always have a large garden and can. When my girlfriends over the years have come over they are very weirded out at first I have only 2 bowls, 2 plates, 2 forks, basically 2 of everything utensil wise. Thats it. But then when dishes need to be down you dont have much to do!

I dont have anything in my "house" that I cant bring myself to throw away. I lived in 19 houses in 16 years so I was tired of always throwing away things I didnt use and didnt realize it until I was moving.
    I became a minimalist out of frustration from moving so much.

If nothing else I save a lot of money and enjoy my days more than most because I dont have the typical "chores"

The one thing I really over indulge in is that I have 11 boats around the country. I hate trailering boats so when I see a 14ft lund or a jon boat thats cheap I'll pick it up and find cheap storage near where I want to fish.
    Livin the dream.

Have to admit, imma little (lot) jeally.

I don't do well alone, scratches some kind of primordial itch killing stuff and dragging it home to the wife and family. Empty nest now, but gotta have my wife (best thing that ever happened to my worthless carcass)...and tho I would in a heartbeat, she ain't about to live in a fish camp. We're looking to cash out soon when I stop working for money, and move to much smaller digs on, or very close to a lake. Somewhere in Tennessee most likely.
    Likes Buzzy, GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Livin the dream.

Have to admit, imma little (lot) jeally.

I don't do well alone, scratches some kind of primordial itch killing stuff and dragging it home to the wife and family. Empty nest now, but gotta have my wife (best thing that ever happened to my worthless carcass)...and tho I would in a heartbeat, she ain't about to live in a fish camp. We're looking to cash out soon when I stop working for money, and move to much smaller digs on, or very close to a lake. Somewhere in Tennessee most likely.

Thats a very good plan. I liked eastern TN when I lived there. A little of everything weather wise which makes it nicer than Flurr'ida or TX