Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: froze

Post Thanks / Like

froze

anybody got al gore's number?
    i could use a little global warming about now.

Post Thanks / Like

He is down in South American where it's 99 degs today

Quote Originally Posted by dragmerc View Post
    anybody got al gore's number?
    i could use a little global warming about now.
    You must remember that the world is a big place and the state you live in may be cold now but on average the temperature there has increased. Key word is Average. You do know what that means, hopefully. Or is that over your head?

And it's the AVERAGE WORLD TEMPERATURE that has increased. All it takes is a change in 2 deg C to melt the ice. If it's zero deg c and the ice is there when the temperature rises by 2 deg C it will be above freezing and the ice sheets melt and the water runs off the land and into the ocean raising the seal level. Don't think that's true? Ask the people along the shore where the last Hurricane went though as only a CAT 1. They have their houses falling into the ocean due to higher sea levels, higher tides and more frequent hurricane due to the water ocean water.

It may be cold today but last week we had temperatures in the mid-seventies and we were running around town in short sleeve T shirt, shorts and sandals.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    You must remember that the world is a big place and the state you live in may be cold now but on average the temperature there has increased. Key word is Average. You do know what that means, hopefully. Or is that over your head?

And it's the AVERAGE WORLD TEMPERATURE that has increased. All it takes is a change in 2 deg C to melt the ice. If it's zero deg c and the ice is there when the temperature rises by 2 deg C it will be above freezing and the ice sheets melt and the water runs off the land and into the ocean raising the seal level. Don't think that's true? Ask the people along the shore where the last Hurricane went though as only a CAT 1. They have their houses falling into the ocean due to higher sea levels, higher tides and more frequent hurricane due to the water ocean water.

It may be cold today but last week we had temperatures in the mid-seventies and we were running around town in short sleeve T shirt, shorts and sandals.
    BUT to we cause it. that is the question. We spend trillions and trillions and trillions of dollars THINKING that we do cause it, and bloviate a whole lot about that we think and know.

We also believe in Ice ages, and believe in historical warming periods, and a lot of other ****.

I don't believe we are smart enough to say we unilaterally causing it.

That is where I disagree with the spend on it.

later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

Judgement

Well, so far the ice caps haven't melted as they predicted back when Al Gore was actually relevant. Of course with him flying around in a jet and living in an 8000 sq ft house it was hard to take him serious...even though he did invent the internet. Back then, we were supposed to be in big trouble by now. Didn't happen.

Back in the 70's there was hysteria about a looming ice age. Didn't happen. There was also hysteria about overpopulation, and the world running out of food. The movie 'Soylent Green' comes to mind. Didn't happen.

The hole in the Ozone layer in the 80's was supposed to cook us all, so they banned freon and other CFC's. Did that fix the ozone layer? Did it really need fixing in the first place?

Is there climate change? Yes. Always was, always will be, regardless of what we do.

Was the recent climate thing where the lesser developed countries demanded the US and others pay them for storm damage a money grab? Sounded like it to me.

I'll reserve judgement, but I'm leaning toward climate 'science' being more about dollars than climate.
    Likes dragmerc, GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The only problem is that

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    BUT to we cause it. that is the question. We spend trillions and trillions and trillions of dollars THINKING that we do cause it, and bloviate a whole lot about that we think and know.

We also believe in Ice ages, and believe in historical warming periods, and a lot of other ****.

I don't believe we are smart enough to say we unilaterally causing it.

That is where I disagree with the spend on it.

later,

Geo
    Now we have to live with global warming. We have over 8 billion humans living on this earth now. Back during the last Ice Age we didn't have 8 billion humans on this earth. And back when the earth was overly warm and large plants grew and dinosaurs roamed the earth we didn't have 8 billion people. We didn't have people burning oil and other fossil fuels on a hourly basis. We were not digging up the earth and taking the coal out of the holes and then burning that coal in huge furnaces and creating green house gases by the millions of pounds yearly.

So yea we have had cooling and heating cycles on this earth over geologic time. But in all my historical geology studies it never said that we had 8 billion humans living in those environments. We had Neanderthals back during the last ice age, but they went extinct.

Post Thanks / Like
    To think we have no impact is foolish and naive.

Thats all I have to say to that.
    Likes Moveon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzy View Post
    To think we have no impact is foolish and naive.

Thats all I have to say to that.
    I didn't say we have no impact, read it again. I said we don't really have a good idea of what the impact is, and we choose to spend trillions of dollars on stuff that makes very little difference.

The "science" has been spewing ******** since the dawn of time, and the EXISTENCE of ********.

I'm saying we are not smart enough to be screaming at the rooftop that Humans are ruining our world.

Just saying.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    what do the global alarmists prefer i use for heat?
    firewood or natural gas?
    Likes Devils Horse liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dragmerc View Post
    what do the global alarmists prefer i use for heat?
    firewood or natural gas?
    Is dat natural or personal gas 🤭.
    Moveon says 8 billion people. Times 2 farts a day and I think we could heat New Jersey.

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't say we have no impact, read it again. I said we don't really have a good idea of what the impact is, and we choose to spend trillions of dollars on stuff that makes very little difference.

The "science" has been spewing ******** since the dawn of time, and the EXISTENCE of ********.

I'm saying we are not smart enough to be screaming at the rooftop that Humans are ruining our world.

Just saying.

Later,

Geo
    I agree. Earth estimated to be about 4.5 billion years old. Ice Age started 100,000 years ago and lasted till 25,000 years ago. Humans estimated to start 300,000 years ago ( New Jersey slightly later) . So if us humans made it thru the ice age I’m betting we can make it thru this interglacial period okay.

And if it gets warmer and the seas rise, it’s gonna be great stimulus for the home building industry. Real estate in Ky and Indiana will soar as states east of us sink and our states become the new East Coast.

Since Moveon and Buzzed-out are always right, I’m building a boat dock one the back of my house with 20 slips. I’ll let you all know when reservations are available. Since mean elevation above sea level for Ky is 750 feet, I think I have enough time for the Rain Forrest to grow back increasing lumber inventory, and reducing building material cost.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoraSpook View Post
    I agree. Earth estimated to be about 4.5 billion years old. Ice Age started 100,000 years ago and lasted till 25,000 years ago. Humans estimated to start 300,000 years ago ( New Jersey slightly later) . So if us humans made it thru the ice age I’m betting we can make it thru this interglacial period okay.

And if it gets warmer and the seas rise, it’s gonna be great stimulus for the home building industry. Real estate in Ky and Indiana will soar as states east of us sink and our states become the new East Coast.

Since Moveon and Buzzed-out are always right, I’m building a boat dock one the back of my house with 20 slips. I’ll let you all know when reservations are available. Since mean elevation above sea level for Ky is 750 feet, I think I have enough time for the Rain Forrest to grow back increasing lumber inventory, and reducing building material cost.
    I'd love to just walk out my back yard and fish Dale Geo...........hahahahahahahahahahahah.

I'm only kind of kidding.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd love to just walk out my back yard and fish Dale Geo...........hahahahahahahahahahahah.

I'm only kind of kidding.

Later,

Geo
    Or maybe that should be Geo Hollow......