Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Ohio River sauger

Folks I have been catching and eating sauger since the 70's . Last week I caught a couple up by the upper spillway at the falls , fillted them and put them in salt water ,like I always do

IN 2 HOURS TIME the water turned brown , not pink like normal but like someone poured iced tea in it . This is just sad

Then I read this https://theearthproject.com/most-pol...e-us/...breaks my heart

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes it is sad people dont care they just keep on dumping garbage i know where i live I pick up fast containers everyday now tgey are building a taco bell guess ill be picking that stuff up also

Post Thanks / Like
    Hate to hear that. We just thinking about getting out for some sauger. The link did not work though. What did the article say or can you try and send again?
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jfw View Post
    Folks I have been catching and eating sauger since the 70's . Last week I caught a couple up by the upper spillway at the falls , fillted them and put them in salt water ,like I always do

IN 2 HOURS TIME the water turned brown , not pink like normal but like someone poured iced tea in it . This is just sad

Then I read this https://theearthproject.com/most-pol...e-us/...breaks my heart
    I fixed the link:

https://theearthproject.com/most-pol...ers-in-the-us/
    Likes jfw liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    Thanks GEO

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, very sad, between that and the commercial fishermen that have been down below the Falls this year, I have done less fishing and more work around the house this year Jay. Highlight this year was fishing around the Hawaiian Islands.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat12 View Post
    Yes, very sad, between that and the commercial fishermen that have been down below the Falls this year, I have done less fishing and more work around the house this year Jay. Highlight this year was fishing around the Hawaiian Islands.
    I've been to hawaii 2 times. Never fished there though.

My wife gives me significant leeway for fishing around here. Vacation is VACATION. .

I'm headed to Alaska for 18 days in the summer and prob wont' fish there either. Maybe though .

Later,

Geo
    Likes riverrat12 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    I've been to hawaii 2 times. Never fished there though.

My wife gives me significant leeway for fishing around here. Vacation is VACATION. .

I'm headed to Alaska for 18 days in the summer and prob wont' fish there either. Maybe though .

Later,

Geo
    Man as you know it's another world out there. Just the sheer beauty is amazing and you're in deep, deep, water before you leave the harbor. Had a whale breach completely out of the water with my car still in site. Definitely a bucket list accomplishment. Alaska is on my list as well , you should be in peak King salmon and Halibut season. So many places to fish and only one life.