Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Lithium batteries

Needing to replace my trolling motor batteries. Looking at lithium. Would love to loose 120lbs of weight from the boat and be able to move the weight from being a weight forward to more weight centerline of boat.
    I can either get 3 Dakotas of the 100 Amp hr 12 batteries ( I have a 36volt system obviously) Weights around 92lbs
    Or 3 of the 60amp hr batteries weighs total of 50lbs.
    If I read the info correctly due to how they provide full voltage output until they have disipated around 80% of storage energy the 60 amp hr batteries might be just fine.
    I currently run 3 x 29 group batteries and have no issues running all weekend.
    I'm in a 1800 Lund fisherman so a decent wind catching profile with a motorguide 105lb trolling GPS motor
    My only concern is they say the smaller batteries are similar to a 27 group battery and I don't want to under buy.
    But don't want to over buy either.the price difference is about $400.
    Any thoughts?
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    If your routinely in a situation where fighting current all day long is an issue or if you fish a lot of open water that gets rough on a regular basis for long periods of time then you might consider the 100ah. For a normal day of 8-10 hours of off/on use of the trolling motor throughout the day you will be fine with 60ah. I know a guy with a 24V system and he can get 10 hours of normal fishing out of two 50ah batteries but he did say he has killed them one time when the wind was blowing 10-15 mph and he was on a good strong bite and fished all day.