Search Fishin.com

Thread: national debt

Post Thanks / Like

national debt

i say shut her down unless they cut spending.
    they got us into this mess with all their give away programs just trying to buy votes.
    my grand kids will suffer due to these corrupt politicians.
    and yes, i am drawing social security.
    shut it down or cut spending.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dragmerc View Post
    i say shut her down unless they cut spending.
    they got us into this mess with all their give away programs just trying to buy votes.
    my grand kids will suffer due to these corrupt politicians.
    and yes, i am drawing social security.
    shut it down or cut spending.
    Agree! I’ll never apologize for the Soc Sec I worked 50 years paying into. We worked and made sacrifices along the way as we deposited a portion of our earnings into our future.

My gripe is the excess spending to benefit those who have not contributed and yet feel they are owed.

I want govt spending to focus on infrastructure we all need, and quality of life improvements like supporting farmers that feed us, heath care with less price gouging, defense of our country, taking care of all who make our lives safer including cops, all first responders of all types, soldiers, and those with disabilities.

I will never agree with govt funds used to pay college debts for healthy kids that could work to earn it, the wealthy that can pay for it, and the colleges that are more profit than education motivated. I’ll never support govt payments for perceived race, ethnic, gender or nationality complaints unless that specific person involved wins a legitimate court decision under our laws that shows that specific person in fact had their rights violated IAW our laws.
    But no Carte Blanche handouts especially to folks that are merely a member of a segment that had individuals rights violated. And I say that because in every one of those segments you will find exceptionally motivated people who earned wealth and fame by simple determined hard work in a country that used to facilitate that.

Post Thanks / Like

National Debt.

The National Debt is the interest we pay on things that have already been bought. It's not about new spending. It's about out credit rating. If you don't pay off your debt you lose all credibility.

Like I said. It not about new spending. It's about the spending that we did in the past. Also cutting the taxs for the rich gave us less money to pay our debt.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    The National Debt is the interest we pay on things that have already been bought. It's not about new spending. It's about out credit rating. If you don't pay off your debt you lose all credibility.

Like I said. It not about new spending. It's about the spending that we did in the past. Also cutting the taxs for the than rich gave us less money to pay our debt.
    Well, when bills are passed to spend more than we earn, that we’d agree increase the total debt. Agree it’s debt when you spend it, it’s deficit when you spend more than earned.
    So yes, your debt is what you spent. But, now watch this, if you go to the bank for a personal loan and they cut you a check approving that, you are in debt the minute you receive the funds even if you ain’t spent a penny of it yet.
    https://fiscaldata.treasury.gov/amer...national-debt/

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post

Like I said. It not about new spending. It's about the spending that we did in the past. Also cutting the taxs for the rich gave us less money to pay our debt.
    Welcome back buddy!!
    Likes GeoFisher, Moveon liked this post