Search Fishin.com

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    New Albany, Indiana.
    Posts
    8,955
    Post Thanks / Like

    Geo needs New DALE Tricks

    I'm headed to Dale Hollow 3/1, and have not been this early in a LONG LONG time.

    I'm planning on fishing fly early and then switching to swimbaits and crankbaits.

    Any other thoughts?

    I thought about a jerkbait on leadin walls, but MAN, I hate jerkbaits.

    Later,

    Geo

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    New Albany, Indiana.
    Posts
    8,955
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    I'm headed to Dale Hollow 3/1, and have not been this early in a LONG LONG time.

    I'm planning on fishing fly early and then switching to swimbaits and crankbaits.

    Any other thoughts?

    I thought about a jerkbait on leadin walls, but MAN, I hate jerkbaits.

    Later,

    Geo
    150 reads.......not a single reply. SAD.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    .Lagrange
    Posts
    2,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Geo, I was hoping Rick Hise or Fishfinder General would chime in. Last time I was down we were fishing Burksville for trout but I got to go out half a day on Dale. Wind was bad so I would pick out a point upwind and vertical jig a big spoon as the wind pushed me across. Caught a couple decent smallmouth, had a good time and with Dale you never know what you're going to catch. Thats about all this old riverrat can tell ya about Dale. Good luck, Chuck! Oh and if you throw plastics I've found pumpkin seed is the color
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    New Albany, Indiana.
    Posts
    8,955
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat12 View Post
    Geo, I was hoping Rick Hise or Fishfinder General would chime in. Last time I was down we were fishing Burksville for trout but I got to go out half a day on Dale. Wind was bad so I would pick out a point upwind and vertical jig a big spoon as the wind pushed me across. Caught a couple decent smallmouth, had a good time and with Dale you never know what you're going to catch. Thats about all this old riverrat can tell ya about Dale. Good luck, Chuck! Oh and if you throw plastics I've found pumpkin seed is the color
    Yea, I've been looking at a few other sites, and have some ideas.

    I will post an after action report

    Later,

    GEo
    Likes riverrat12 liked this post

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    New Albany, Indiana.
    Posts
    8,955
    Post Thanks / Like

    Brutal

    So, Dale Hollow was kind of ugly. We caught fish, but not many, and the crazy wind friday was brutal. yea, I was up the river in 40mph winds.

    caught fish on Tubes and Spinnerbaits.

    Also caught a few each morning on Float and Fly, which was fun.

    I wanted to get my buddy Dave M , Kansas Dave as Woody used to call him, on some fish on the fly, and we did that.

    It was fun though.

    I did talk to a bunch of folks using live target and they generally were HAMMERING them.

    Later,

    Geo
    Likes riverrat12 liked this post

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bellevue Kentucky
    Posts
    586
    Post Thanks / Like
    This site used to have all kinds of people answering and posting several years ago
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    .Taylor Mill Ky.
    Posts
    604
    Post Thanks / Like

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by bob46 View Post
    This site used to have all kinds of people answering and posting several years ago
    I think we got old!

Similar Threads

  1. Article: Some Summer Time Tricks
    By Mike Gerry in forum Guide Reports and Articles
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-16-2018, 02:22 PM
  2. Tips, Tricks, and Hacks Under 1 Minute (Weight Organization)
    By 1Cast 1Fish in forum Kentucky Discussion Board
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-22-2018, 07:39 PM
  3. Tips, Tricks, and Hacks Under 1 Minute (Weight Organization)
    By 1Cast 1Fish in forum Virginia Discussion Board
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-22-2018, 07:36 PM
  4. Drinking & sword tricks; what could possibly go wrong?
    By SLP in forum "Off Topic" Posts
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-28-2015, 02:12 PM
  5. Crappie tricks
    By jfw in forum Kentucky Discussion Board
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-22-2015, 08:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •