Search Fishin.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoraSpook View Post
    Young people need to hear and learn this before they take the leap and commit a crime. They need know the system will hurt them if they break the law.

So in the end I don’t blame the system. Individual responsibility means if ya done it you pay the price and it’s up to the individual to adapt and overcome.
    And if somebody did something dumb a while back and now have a clean record then applying for expungement atleast helps reduce the hit a bit. But still, the bottom line is if you don’t want the time don’t do the crime. It’s an individual responsibility and the system can’t mess up your life if you don’t get involved in it

We will continue to agree to disagree. I wouldn't say its under 18 doing most of the crime as well. There just aren't enough.

The actions are dictated by environment not the individual, would you agree with that?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzy View Post
    We will continue to agree to disagree. I wouldn't say its under 18 doing most of the crime as well. There just aren't enough.

The actions are dictated by environment not the individual, would you agree with that?
    I would agree the environment has a part to play in that it, the people in that environment, display behavior that is sometimes below acceptable and so it tempts a young one to go with the crowd and do what the youngster is seeing. Absolutely no disagreement with that. And I think we'd agree that's part of what's broke is the parents aren't teach the correct standards of acceptable behavior and so youngster go with the crowd. And yet, in all that, at that last instant when the decisions is to pull the trigger or not........he who owns the finger makes that final decision.

So if we do work more to fix the environment by getting the word out that each person WILL be held accountable and especially pass that memo to the parents that are a sleep at the switch, we then also need provide other opportunities so avoid the "crowd" or did I say gang, becomes a more rewarding way to go.

So I do agree environment has a big role to play, but a clear stand has to be set and enforced, other wise there will be no motivation to change the way one currently acts in a bad environment