Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Green Day and the USA

Ok I don’t really like the band but just maybe these guys hit it on the head 10 years ago and saw the divisiveness and separation we were heading for and at, and the real source, the media that fans it.

And before anybody goes bat- Schlick crazy, I’m a Veteran and I love my country and am just open enough to make the best of any impressions that might isolated problems.

Lyrics below, Green Day “ American Idiot”.
    Don't wanna be an American idiot
    Don't want a nation under the new media
    And can you hear the sound of hysteria?
    The subliminal mind-fu- - America
    Welcome to a new kind of tension
    All across the alien nation
    Where everything isn't meant to be okay
    In television dreams of tomorrow
    We're not the ones who're meant to follow
    For that's enough to argue
    Well, maybe I'm the faggot, America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda
    Now everybody, do the propaganda
    And sing along to the age of paranoia
    Don't wanna be an American idiot
    One nation controlled by the media
    Information age of hysteria
    It's calling out to idiot America
    Likes Buzzy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep. Its why you see so much hate today. People actually believe the news and hate their neighbor for it. Look at Geo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzy View Post
    Yep. Its why you see so much hate today. People actually believe the news and hate their neighbor for it. Look at Geo.
    I’d just like to see the news report and support facts instead of so often exaggerating, inflaming, and distorting.
    Silver lining is seeing recent actions where media folks and companies were called to task. I appreciate the news reporting what happened, they need get out of the business of trying to make us believe why it happened and what it means to us. Cause what they say it means often is distorted, exaggerated, and causes the hate.

Post Thanks / Like

Media

Freedom of the press is constitutionally protected, as it should be. But like freedom of speech it has become corrupted. The news media, once vital to keeping politicians and other interests honest, has become so biased it is ruinous to our country. Today's news media is little more than a political tool, and a complete prostitute to ratings. They will do or say virtually anything to get more viewers, be it fact or fiction.

Post Thanks / Like

Section 230.........we NEED to fix that crap

This is from 230:

If a news site falsely calls you a swindler, you can sue the publisher for libel. But if someone posts that on Facebook, you can’t sue the company — just the person who posted it.

That’s thanks to Section 230 of the 1996 Communications Decency Act, which states that “no provider or user of an interactive computer service shall be treated as the publisher or speaker of any information provided by another information content provider.”

If a NEWSPAPER published you're a rapist and you are not, you could sue the paper and the writer.....What's teh difference??

THIS, IMHO is what is wrong with the freedom of speech "issues" with social media.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    This is from 230:

If a news site falsely calls you a swindler, you can sue the publisher for libel. But if someone posts that on Facebook, you can’t sue the company — just the person who posted it.

That’s thanks to Section 230 of the 1996 Communications Decency Act, which states that “no provider or user of an interactive computer service shall be treated as the publisher or speaker of any information provided by another information content provider.”

If a NEWSPAPER published you're a rapist and you are not, you could sue the paper and the writer.....What's teh difference??

THIS, IMHO is what is wrong with the freedom of speech "issues" with social media.

Later,

Geo
    We know you want more people in jail and a more punitive environment with more laws. Law and Order!

You snowflakes will say the worst stuff on the planet only to come back and say this crap.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Devils Horse View Post
    Freedom of the press is constitutionally protected, as it should be. But like freedom of speech it has become corrupted. The news media, once vital to keeping politicians and other interests honest, has become so biased it is ruinous to our country. Today's news media is little more than a political tool, and a complete prostitute to ratings. They will do or say virtually anything to get more viewers, be it fact or fiction.

If you believe that the news has been anything other than a political tool I have a bridge to sell you buddy. And a concrete submarine

Post Thanks / Like
    If you believe that the news has been anything other than a political tool I have a bridge to sell you buddy. And a concrete submarine
    Go back and read what I wrote before you put that submarine up for sale.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Devils Horse View Post
    Agree completely as it appears media has become more interested in getting “clicks” than integrity. To me that brings them to the same level as the gen x and millineals that don’t care what they post to twitter or Tik Tok just so long as it gets them clicks. If I was an advertiser for a major brand I’d do business with those networks that operate with integrity.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    If that’s a toll bridge I might make an offer if you share me your operating costs and average daily traffic history reports. Now if it’s a “ news network bridge”, I suspect those documents would report the bridge is just as secure as our National border, the number of cars using the bridge daily is far less than many have observed, far less hazmat crosses the bridge than any other, and the operating budget for the bridge has never been better because the current bridge operators just doubled their bank loans netting far more available funds though the bridge now owes 4 times more than it generates. So go head, tell me all about dat dare bridge.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    This is from 230:

Later,

Geo
    When somebody shoots you with a gun do they put the gun in jail or the person that pulled the trigger. The media and social media is the gun, the gun ain’t guilty, the shooter is. How many guns have been sent to jail?

Post Thanks / Like
    We know you want more people in jail and a more punitive environment with more laws. Law and Order!

You snowflakes will say the worst stuff on the planet only to come back and say this crap.
    Not more people, more GUILTY people. Let’s quit blaming society for individual acts if lawlessness. The guilty can get societal support services while they are off the street in jail and not attacking or robbing innocent people.

You can stop repeat offenders by showing them the full consequences and having felt that pain they might be more motivated when we then show them how to avoid that again.
    Likes kstonich liked this post