Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Barren week of 6/5/23 best bets for a fish fry?

Going to be at the state park for a week with family. Have a small bass boat, but with 3 couples will be doing a lot of fishing from the bank. I want to fill coolers with fish for a couple of fish fry get togethers fallback will be crickets and worms for bluegill but would like to concentrate on what's hitting. Thinking about trolling umbrella rigs and cranks early then will try to find something that works for the rest of the time. Open to cats, crappie, whites, hybrids, anything that eats. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CaveDweller View Post
    Going to be at the state park for a week with family. Have a small bass boat, but with 3 couples will be doing a lot of fishing from the bank. I want to fill coolers with fish for a couple of fish fry get togethers fallback will be crickets and worms for bluegill but would like to concentrate on what's hitting. Thinking about trolling umbrella rigs and cranks early then will try to find something that works for the rest of the time. Open to cats, crappie, whites, hybrids, anything that eats. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!
    Usually first week of June the catfish move up to spawn at LBL all you had to do was fish the coves with worms and crickets and fill your coolers up should be similar at most lakes Good luck hope you fill your coolers

Post Thanks / Like
    If I wanted a cooler of filets now I would put out some jugs. You could put them out from your boat where everyone is bank fishing and everyone could keep an eye on them and take turns checking them

Post Thanks / Like
    I like to jug fish but if its windy or there is traffic its too easy to loose one and interfere with someone else's day. Its on the possibilities list tho thanks!