Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Crappie on Douglas or Cherokee

Has anyone been doing any good fishin for crappie? If so what patterns are working? Have the crappie moved to the shallows yet? Whats the bait of choice? What is the water temp? Any information will be appreciated! How about it YANK? Been doing any good on Cherokee?

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Crappie on Douglas or Cherokee

Eddie, I have not been doing any Crappie fishing. Chaseing the Stripers .. I have seen some nice Crappie caught around Brush and pt's.Saw one fishermen with 12 good size crappie. Can't tell you the exact spot for I don't want to be KILLED. Caught on float and Minnows above pt.22.. around brush.As for Douglas have not fished it in a while but check TWRA report for Douglas.Don Seals the Creel Clerk has a good report..or call Buck's and Bass In Dandridge or Tom'sTackle Store in Morristown. Cherokee is haveing a Crappie tournment some time in Nov. YANK

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply. I fished at cherokee last Sat. and caught 1 small bass. The wind just about blew me off the lake. I started at Oak Grove, went to Rocky Holler, then up in Massadonia, Kept getting blown up on the rocks. I then decided to go up into german creek to get out of the wind. It started raining After six hours of this I was ready to give in to the elements. I have a camper at Cherokee Lake Camp ground and I may go on over on Friday and winterize, that may give me some fishin time friday evening, and Sat. Morning. Isn't pt 22 close to fall creek? I know of a cove across the lake there where I think sombody has put lots of man made fish attractors. I might give it a shot. Hows the striper action? Where is a good place to look for stripers now? what methods do you use? Are the shad still showing themselves sin the water temp. has dropped? What kind of boat do you have? Is it set up for trolling? Thanks in advance. Maybe some day Ill run into you over there. I really enjoy reading your reports and posts. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Striper fishing has been kind of Hit and miss .Mostly miss ,But the lake is turning over and it will get better .The Bass fishing has been fair to Good ..Rattletraps. I do alot of trolling for Stripers Little Mac's , Big Mac's .Mann's_25 ,Manns,+15--all colors.and Bucktails ,that I make myself..Also use Slide divers to get my lures down .This time of year I fish from German Creek up as far as Poor Valley.Following the Stripers to there Spawning Area's ..I have a Blue LOWE Boat and Yamaha 60hp.four Stroke .I stay on Ch 68 answer to the name Of Yank.. YANK