Search Fishin.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: bass pro shop

Post Thanks / Like

RE: bass pro shop awful warranties

I recently returned a reel..To Cabela a line counter Reel that I use for Stripers .They sent me a new one No Charge and paid postage both ways and the reel was made in China ... YANK

Post Thanks / Like

I have heard many people say that Cabela's customer service is top-notch, though I've never bought any big-ticket items from them personally.

bd

Seein Stripes Guest

GO Cabela's

Yank, the Nashville store is near the Grand Ol' Opry, I think. Only went there that one time, last time for sure! I hope you know where the new one is at exit 407, it's right on the interstate. You could hit a semi with a super spook from the parking lot with a good cast.

Yes, I haven't had to redeem any warranties from Cabela's, but all of the folks I know have had great experiences with them. Only bad thing is driving to Nebraska to go shopping! Unless it's off Ebay, all of my fishing gear comes from local stores that I can take it back if it ssuuucks.

Shawn McNew
    Seein' Stripes Guide Service
    Wildlife Fisheries Science UT
    Georgia Forestry Commission

Post Thanks / Like

RE: GO Cabela's

I hope that all BP shops are not like that. We had one just open up near where I live. (Clarksville Indiana) I have only been there one time but checked out as much as I could. The store was very crowded. Everyone that we did talk to was very helpful from the boat dealers to the people on the floor. Did not try to hard to sell us anything but answered all our questions. Since this store just opened that may be why but I hope it does not get like the ones that I am reading about here. I have not bought anything from them yet but am planning to. I am thinking very hard about purchasing a new fish and ski boat from them. Anyone had any dealing with them over a boat. If so would this be a mistake.
    Mike Perry

Post Thanks / Like

RE: bass pro shop

I made the trip back to sevierville today hoping they had some new things in, They did get some cast nets in but I had a 100 dollar gift card and didn't even spend it all, Out of all the baitcasters they had only 2 were left handed. At least there are some pretty women to look at while you shop. From now on im gonna ask for gift certificates from outdoor sports.

Post Thanks / Like

Before buying a boat from anyone I would check out the service ...Oh, I forgot BPS service department is in
    Springfield...They can fix minor, very minor things at the local store, but anything major is subed out and down time on parts from Springfield...Louisville has several very reputable dealers...

Post Thanks / Like

I have been talking with Plapps also. They are around Cincinati and I have read a lot of his posts on some of teh other forums. Starting to get a little concerned about the BP shops. I read a lot of the forums and you guys are not the only ones that seem to have issues with them. Don't get me wrong I loved the store here at home but it's the only one I have been in. I have a couple of gift cards to use there but I usually don't buy anything big so not a lot to worry about. Mostly will be buying some tackle and fishing line. Has anyone ever dealt with Plapps. They seem to be pretty knowledgeable and I have been getting several e-mails from them about the boats they have.

Post Thanks / Like

can you still buy the all star rods

Post Thanks / Like

RE: bass pro shop

i shop at toms never had a problem takeing anything back also he will trade

Seein Stripes Guest

The deal on the All Stars is in a store in Macon, GA called Academy Sports. It's pretty funny, they actually rang the rods up @40.00, so I got two for that price. Pretty cool. This week it is Castaway rods buy one get one free. Pretty awesome. By the way, the new discussion board is pretty cool, Stripersoup. Oh, my sister got me a gift certificate to BPS, I was like *groooooaaannnnnnn*. Guess I can find some non-BPS brand stuff to buy. Always in need of hooks.

Shawn McNew
    Seein' Stripes Guide Service
    Wildlife Fisheries Science UT
    Georgia Forestry Commission

Post Thanks / Like

In a phrase, "support your local shops".