Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Boat found in Rocky Hollow on Cherokee

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Nov-01-05 AT 08:10PM (EST)[/font][p]A blue Venture Bass Boat is at the edge of the water on some rocks on the right side as you enter Rocky Hollow on Cherokee lake. Looks like it has got loose from some dock and drifted in the rocks and the lake has dropped and left high and dry in the rocks. I stoped and looked at it to make sure no one had had an accident and it looked like everthing was still in tac. It still had gas tanks and fishing gear in it. The fish locater was still on the dash also. Hope the owner finds it before someone strips it. It has a 70 Johnson moter. The numbers on it was TN 3395 AT If you need any more info email me at hobie1@localnet.com

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Boat found in Rocky Hollow on Cherokee

Hobie, That boat has been there for about a week .I though it was tied up to the bank??It may belong to the house right above it.It sure is a funny place to leave it ..Did you catch a lot of FISH today??YANK

Post Thanks / Like

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Nov-02-05 AT 04:30PM (EST)[/font][p]I called TWRA at this # 615-781-6580 and they told me to call 423-587-7037 and they wanted me to call somewhere else and I gave them the boat number and told them I did all I was going to do that I was just trying to help someone get their boat back before someone striped it and if they couldn't get the information to the right place I had done all I was going to do. I feel this was their place. They more or less just blew me off. I hope the right people get their boat back before they loose all their stuff. See what you can do Charlie

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone contacted TWRA? They should be able to look up the registration number and locate/contact the owners. If someone's boat floated loose from a dock, they might think it was stolen and not realize where to look for it. On the other hand, if it's owned by a nearby homeowner as someone on the board speculated, those folks might need to be advised to move their boat to a more secure location. A lot of people have learned the hard way that keeping a boat on the shoreline is a good way to get fishing gear, etc stolen. Sad that there are people like that in the world, but true...

Isn't Cherokee in Region IV? If so, the # is 800-332-0900. If nobody has called already, it might not be a bad idea.

bd

Post Thanks / Like

Great Idea!

So did you call? I will if you don't. Let me know if you called or not so I don't bother them unnecessarily.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Great Idea!

I haven't called - like you, I didn't know if someone else may already have called TWRA. Plus, I'm not familiar with Cherokee, so I wouldn't be much help on narrowing down the location where the boat actually is. I just wanted to make the suggestion in case nobody had thought about it.

I'd be happy to make the call though, if needed. Just let me know any way I can help.

bd

Post Thanks / Like

I CALLED and got through to the main Office (Morristown)they are going out to check .Told them where it was etc. There was a Reward for the boat ONE MILLION DOLLARS. SORRY BUT I WON'T SHARE ..Rotten Yank

Post Thanks / Like

couldn't you give me enough to make one fishing trip, I know you don't need it.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry bd yank called them. So he gets the reward.

Post Thanks / Like

Hobie,Your share four Bucktail Flies..Caught a Rockfish today that asked for you.. Yank

Post Thanks / Like

Now that he's a millionaire, maybe he'll take us all fishing.

bd

Post Thanks / Like

you mean you would be caught in the same boat with him