Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Info on Center Hill

Been to Center Hill a few times trying to jig-n-spoon some bass around this time of year. I can usually catch a few small fish mostly spotted bass around the hurricane bridge and mine lick areas around the schools of shad at about 30 feet deep. Is there a better part of the lake for some bigger fish such as largemouth or is this as good as it gets? How late in the year can the jig-n-spoon bite work? I am just catching them for fun not to eat. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Tom

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Info on Center Hill

Earlier this spring we had two largemouth in the 7lbs range up in the falling water river. We always find our largejaws in the river.

As far as Mine Lick and Hurricane, those are very good places to find big fish. I think a lot of times the spots are so aggressive that it seems no other fish are around. Center Hill does have a large population of spots.

Fall: I has been an up and down fall for us. We had a few good smallmouth on the lower end and had caught some spots while rolling a 1oz spinnerbait on the main channel. We have not found any schooled fish yet. The water levels are about right but the water temp seems to be a little warm. If you are looking for some larger fish in the fall. Try the pea-gravel banks and points. Those smallmouth will hang on those banks and if the wind is blowing, we have found them in less than 2 feet of water.

Going back on Saturday or Sunday. I'll post the results. Just waiting for the water temps to drop in the 50's. The bigger fish should turn on.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info I'll be waiting to see how you done.

Post Thanks / Like

Went today and did not get the first hit. Fish were scattered everywhere. The water temps were 62-64 most every place we fished. Started in Indian Creek and worked our way back to Hurricane. Tried finding some schooled fish with some archs around them and did not find any. Saw some boats jigging or drop-shoting, but did not see any caught. Needs to cool down.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again for the info. If I understand you right the water temperature in the 50's is what triggers the better fish to get into the schools of shad. Let me know if you go again and what the lake temp is. Any info would be appriciated. I dont get to go much but like to make it count when I do. Well just going is enough sometimes just to get away from the daily grind at work.

Thanks,
    Tom