Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Renting a Pontoon Boat Trailer

I have to move my 26' pontoon from Norris to Kingston later this month. Does anybody know of a place right off hand that rents trailers for a day? (Anywhere between Kingston and Andersonville - Oak Ridge, Knoxville, etc)

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Renting a Pontoon Boat Trailer

CHARLIE STOP DOWN AT EARLS THEY HAVE ONE THAT IS 30 PER DAY.FISH2WIN

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I'll give him a call. I'll tell him you sent me.

Post Thanks / Like

I called Earl's. They don't rent them anymore. They will move my pontoon for me for $300.00 from Andersonville to Kingston. That's too rich for my blood right now because the people that were supposed to close on my house in Knoxville Monday the 21st reneged on me. Now I'm scrambling to close on the house in Kingston and I'm going to be stuck with two house payments until I close on the Knoxville house. If anybody else has any ideas I would aprreciate it. My pontoon boat is 26'.

Post Thanks / Like

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Nov-19-05 AT 07:49PM (EST)[/font][p]Sorry charlie, the dock used to rent one also but i guess you ask there, If yiu need to, put it on the bank at my house. My dock and ramp are dry but you are welcome to tie it up there until you find a place. Did you sale the houseboat? Fish2win

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the offer. My brother in Oak Ridge has a 22' pontoon boat. I have between now and 11/30 to measure my pontoon and his trailer to see if it will work. All I have to do is haul his boat to AMBD, unload his boat, haul mine to Kingston, come back and get his boat and take it back to Oak Ridge - if his trailer is big enough. Brian might let me use one of his.

I still have not sold my houseboat. I know it's winter, but I have knocked the bottom out of the price on that boat and offered to pay the buoy rental until Spring. I don't get it. It's one of the nicer homemades up there! There is one up the line from me asking $30,000 and the only difference between mine and his is he has a bigger generator, a couple of jet ski "docks" and a bunch of floats lying around to make it look like he has a bunch of stuff. My flotation is better than his and my boat is newer - at HALF the price! You just never know sometimes.

Again - I really appreciate the offer to tie up. Most people these days don't realize what a huge gap there is between talking about offering help and actually doing it because they never jump that gap.

Post Thanks / Like

Brian used to have them for daily rental. With the new guys taking over who knows now.I would be carful about using a short trailer. The most weight is on the back of the pontoons because of the motor and other equipment. My brother may know someone also I will call him and see. H uses somebodys to put his in and out spring and fall.You might also check with Jerry at Pro Marine in Andersonville. There is one laid out next to his shop but I dont know if he owns it or not. He is at the new storage place at the Y.
    Have you heard of any new rules or regulations the the new developers are going to change at the dock? I heard that brian is going to start a pumping operation for the house boats. I dont know if that is him or the new developers.
    Fish2win